Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:58:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  NLG Members Users Request.
| | |-+  IGT Slant Top Video Poker machine
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT Slant Top Video Poker machine  (Read 6034 times)
brydog153
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: February 03, 2012, 06:45:23 PM »

I have this IGT model # GD79C7 slant top Video poker machine (manufactured 10/96). Looking for a service manual specific to this model (I have already downloaded the IGT S+ manual from Rudy's for the Slot machine on the right). Looking for a manual for this Slant top  machine to service it, and right now more specifically how do you open the top section to replace the Flourescent light bulbs? Any help appreciated.

CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 07:44:58 PM »

I have this IGT model # GD79C7 slant top Video poker machine (manufactured 10/96). Looking for a service manual specific to this model (I have already downloaded the IGT S+ manual from Rudy's for the Slot machine on the right). Looking for a manual for this Slant top  machine to service it, and right now more specifically how do you open the top section to replace the Flourescent light bulbs? Any help appreciated.
NLG Welcome
That looks to be a PE+ Video Poker Machine. That may make it easier to try to find the manual.

It has been a while since I opened mine up, but I remember the following... Open the main door, look carefully in the area above the monitor below the top box that you are trying yo open. There should be something like a pin under there in the center that you can grab and pull down on to release the latch for the top box door.

Newer model machines have a release cable setup that runs to the front of the machine and connects to a release lever to the right of the main door latch that you trigger to open the top box door.

I am pretty sure that the first option will apply to your machine.

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy
NLG ADMINISTRATOR

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 05:12:33 AM »

Open the main door, look carefully in the area above the monitor below the top box that you are trying yo open. There should be something like a pin under there in the center that you can grab and pull down on to release the latch for the top box door.
Agree with Post

The  CaptainHappy hit it right on.  You may not even be able to see the "pin", but with the main (hatch) door open, just feel around on the underside of the topbox, near the front of the machine.  Pull down and the bottom of the topbox glass will swing out towards the front of the machine (the hinge is on the top of the machine).  From there you can swing that door open (careful with the glass!) to get at the light bulb.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
brydog153

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 12:41:57 AM »

That worked perfectly, the pin right under the main door. Thank you. Any ideas on the service manual?
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 02:34:25 AM »

Is there something broken with it?  I'm not sure if I have a slant top manual or not.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
brydog153

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 06:07:55 PM »

Nothing broken, looking for some reading material to have a better understanding of the box and its configuration. I have seen where some others have uploaded that file here. Just don't think are here anymore. Thank you.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.