Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:55:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors
| |-+  Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Cc no function, no led iluminated
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cc no function, no led iluminated  (Read 19878 times)
whinkle
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

V Rocks!!!

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2011, 05:40:35 PM »

Ok, before I even tried that, I popped the cc out of my slot machine that works and popped it into the holder (sorry, don't know what it's really called) of the one that didn't, and now it works, so the problem is not the cc, but rather the holder the cc pops into. 

I'm a little confused. I thought you already had put another CC in this machine and had it work a couple of posts ago.  Scratch Head

I swapped it out with my other cc and the machine works beautifully.

When I swapped it out with my other cc, I meant the cc and holder, not just the cc Smiley
whinkle

V Rocks!!!

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2011, 05:42:46 PM »

Regardless of my confusing posts  Crazy I now know I just need to replace the holder and not the actual cc.  What are these really called and does anyone have one for sale without a cc in it?
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2011, 05:42:56 PM »

Sorry for the confusion... I just re-read my post and confused myself lol so I edited it.  I found out that both of my cc's are good, but the holder it snaps into is no good because even the cc I knew was good wouldn't work in it.  Hope that makes more sense.

Ok, let's back up then. You say the coins are falling to the hopper and not the tray correct? If so, your CC is working. Sounds more like a problem with your coin optics board. Try reseating the plug on that.
poppo

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2011, 05:47:09 PM »

And let's back up even one more step. What does the 'bad' machone' show on the display? We need to make sure there are no more errors on it, since you did have a 12.

I would open the door, press the self test button a few times and then close the door. What is displayed after that? Does it have a BV? If so, does it take bills?

whinkle

V Rocks!!!

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2011, 05:49:42 PM »

No error codes or anything any more.  Once I switched out both the cc and the holder the cc goes in, it works and plays normally.  Don't laugh, but what am I looking for when you say reseat the plug on the coin optics board?  Is that on the holder the cc plugs in?
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2011, 05:53:07 PM »

poppo   Mark Don't forget your messing around with a slant top in this thread. 

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
poppo

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2011, 05:56:55 PM »

poppo   Mark Don't forget your messing around with a slant top in this thread.  

True, but aren't they set up pretty much the same way. CC and then coin optics?

It sounds like the CC is working since the coins are going to the hopper. But the optics  are not registering it for some reason.  Scratch Head
whinkle

V Rocks!!!

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2011, 06:06:18 PM »

Where do I find these optics so I can check them and also to make sure the board is reseated?
poppo

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2011, 06:09:00 PM »

Where do I find these optics so I can check them and also to make sure the board is reseated?

Here is picture from  an upright. I don't know how much different a slant top is. The coin optics and connector are circled.

* coinoptics.jpg (423.31 KB, 668x714 - viewed 328 times.)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2011, 06:26:12 PM »

poppo   Mark Don't forget your messing around with a slant top in this thread.  

True, but aren't they set up pretty much the same way. CC and then coin optics?

It sounds like the CC is working since the coins are going to the hopper. But the optics  are not registering it for some reason.  Scratch Head

Mark they are close to the saame except the comparator bracket ( with the comparator and coin optics still installed )  lift out of the machine as a whole unit.  Have a large plug on the bottom that the whole thing slides into.  

* PICT0003.JPG (1379.21 KB, 1536x2048 - viewed 328 times.)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 06:33:35 PM by Buzz » Logged

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2011, 06:32:16 PM »

* PICT0002.JPG (1477.31 KB, 1536x2048 - viewed 372 times.)

whinkle

V Rocks!!!

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2011, 06:32:43 PM »

I tried reseating the plug and still nothing.  The cc does work in my other machine though.  So it looks like I need a new S+ Slant Top holder that the cc snaps into.  Does anyone know of someone in the group that might have one for sale?
whinkle

V Rocks!!!

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2011, 06:34:34 PM »

Yep, that's what I need minus the cc Smiley

Don't know why the pic didn't show, but Buzz's pic is what I need.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2011, 06:39:04 PM »

Yep, that's what I need minus the cc Smiley

Don't know why the pic didn't show, but Buzz's pic is what I need.

Unless you have some extra cash you want to spent why don't you let Poppo talk you through testing the coin optics.  ( that's the Green board right below the comparator.)

whinkle

V Rocks!!!

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2011, 06:42:20 PM »

If he thinks he can... lol.  It depends on what's involved.  I'm not very mechanical.  I know just enough to be dangerous  Silly Me!
poppo

« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2011, 06:48:03 PM »

I tried reseating the plug and still nothing.  The cc does work in my other machine though.  So it looks like I need a new S+ Slant Top holder that the cc snaps into.  Does anyone know of someone in the group that might have one for sale?

I guess what I am trying to say is the optics are just a part of the whole unit. Why replace everything, when only one part may be bad? The optics just unscrew with two screws behind the plug and three on the other side. The one in Buzz's picture just doesn't have the little plastic cover over it. Here is another shot of mine without the cover. At a minimum, you should take it apart and clean it. Can't hurt. I would swap it with the other one. Finding just an otics board will be easier and cheaper then the whole assembly.

If you still feel like you need the whole assembly, just put a WTB in the classifieds here and I'm sure one of the vendors will set you up.

* coinoptics2.jpg (330.4 KB, 554x623 - viewed 341 times.)
whinkle

V Rocks!!!

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2011, 06:50:42 PM »

Thanks poppo... I didn't realize you could take that off of there.  I will take it off and try and clean it later and see if that makes a difference.  If not, I will place a WTB ad.  Regardless, I will post what I find out.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2011, 08:26:08 PM »

If you're going to clean the coin optics, don't use alcohol. Start with a dry Q-tip. If that doesn't work, you can use a Q-tip dipped in a mild solution of water and dish washing liquid, followed by a Q-tip dipped in clean water, and then a dry one.

If you're still having problems, the next step would be to go into the input test menu and test each optic by slipping a folded piece of paper/cardboard through the optic chute to see if the value changes when the optic is occluded.

<ADD> At this particular moment, CRS is preventing me from remembering if the open optics have voltage (display a 1 in the test window) or not (display a 0 in the test window). Either way, all three optics should have the same value in the test menu when unoccluded, so if you see anything besides 111 or 000, you'll know right away that the optic board or harness plug is bad.

[EDIT] Oops. We know your harness is good because swapping the entire assembly fixed the problem.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 09:30:20 PM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.