Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:06:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  **Reel Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  Newbie help and hello...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Newbie help and hello...  (Read 6023 times)
dcaw
« on: September 10, 2012, 12:45:39 AM »

Hello, this is my first post to the forum and also my first Slot Machine. I'm hoping this is the correct forum for this topic, if not please let me know.

First, my name is Dave and I live in Oregon. I've been collecting/fixing/restoring classic arcade video and pinball games for a long time and I'm just now getting into slot machines. One thing I really like about them, so far, is the modular design. Everything is designed to be pulled out for easy access / repair or replace. I'm assuming this is so they can be quickly repaired in the field? Again, this is all new to me so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Now onto the "help" part of my post. I'm working on (what I believe to be) an ITG Aristocrat Esprit slot machine from 1982 (again, not 100% sure so please correct me if I'm wrong)
When I got the game all it would do when turned on is light the fluorescents and eventually play a little tune from time to time. I went to work on it by simply disassembling the game and cleaning/checking everything as I went. After reassembling the game when I turned it on I now have some lamps lit behind the LED information display board (not sure what the correct name for this board is) The lamps lit were "accepted coin" and "call for service" (my initial inspection showed me that someone had put fuses where lamps should have gone) Also, the game started making a loud noise. This turned out to be the relay on the right wheel, not sure what that component is called but it looks to be the way it releases the lever that spins the wheel? Anyways, I figured that I'm not getting power to the motor to turn the cam shaft. I checked for voltage and the motor connector and I'm getting zero. I followed the the lines to the main power board so I pulled it back out for further inspection. I noticed that the bridge rectifier at B2 has a hole blown out of it. I'll try and pick up a couple of replacements but my main concern is what might have caused this to blow? I'm also going to replace the caps on this board at the same time. Are there any common causes or common issues that these games have? I really want to know if I'm on the right track here. Also, It looks like someone has replaced the battery on one of the PCB's in the cage at the bottom of the game. With the board out I'm getting about 1.5v on the battery, is this the correct voltage?

I'm really hoping that you guys can help me with information, experience and hopefully some documentation and a definite identification of this slot machine. I'd really appreciate it if you can point me to some on-line documentation or even a schematic for this game. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

-Dave

* 2012-09-08 20.50.34.jpg (327.63 KB, 612x816 - viewed 340 times.)

* 2012-09-09 18.56.16.jpg (254.64 KB, 816x612 - viewed 419 times.)
slot monkey
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 402

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 11:59:45 AM »

Hello Dave, welcome to the forum.

Sorry I don't know anything about aristocrat slots.

I did a quick search and found a couple threads:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=527.0

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=4185.0

I'm sure someone here will be of more help than I can provide.
slot monkey
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 402

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 12:04:29 PM »

This might be a lead for a manual:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=15986.0
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 02:23:23 PM »

Check your email...I sent you some Information...Hope that helps...
Jimmy
dcaw
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 07:59:22 PM »

UPDATE:
So I went shopping for parts today, I located almost everything I needed except for the main part, the bridge rectifier... I located a source on line so I'll place an order for a few of them and wait. In the mean time, can someone suggest a good source for the 24v 3w Festoon lamps? Thanks...

-Dave
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 08:56:43 PM »

You can try these:

http://www.attictrunk.com/bu3w24vclled.html

Or a Marine store...
Jimmy
leapyearguy
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 04:07:32 AM »

if you want a fun machine. try putting a fuse in the festoon socket. the machine will nearly jump off the stand and do cartwheels.   Crazy

try this     http://www.bulbtown.com/category_s/436.htm

20 bucks for simple repairs, 30 if you watch, and 50 if you open your mouth.
dcaw
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 08:00:37 PM »

UPDATE:
I've replaced most of the questionable parts on the Power Unit and cleaned it up a bit but without the bridge rectifier I'm at a stand still.. Dang Snail Mail.....
dcaw
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 01:23:26 AM »

UPDATE:

So I replaced that blown bridge rectifier, all of the caps and checked, rechecked and cleaned all of the connections but still no change. When I turn the machine on the lights come on, nothing on the led display but a couple of the lamps, and the right one of three coils on the wheels kicks in and stays energized. So it's basically the same scenario as before. I'm still not getting any power to the motor and now I'm at a loss. I guess I can replace the second rectifier but as far as I can tell it seems good. Anyone have any suggestions? Anyone have a working power unit for sale?

Thanks.
dcaw
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 02:31:28 AM »

UPDATE:
I was messing around trying different things with the keys and reset button) when I got this on the LED display (see image) Is this an error code? If so what is it? Thanks

* 2012-09-17 21.15.31.jpg (39.4 KB, 326x245 - viewed 454 times.)
leapyearguy
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 02:32:23 AM »

this is not an error code. if I remember you should have all zeros in the credit display

20 bucks for simple repairs, 30 if you watch, and 50 if you open your mouth.
dcaw
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 12:00:57 PM »

OK, then I'm not sure where to proceed from here. Maybe it's time to call it dead.... Thanks
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.