Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:30:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  lock switches
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: lock switches  (Read 1717 times)
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« on: October 11, 2013, 02:25:12 AM »

Hi All, I acquired 4 key switches I want to use to replace the rocker switches to turn my games on and off. The rocker switches have 4 tabs with a pair of blue and a pair of brown wires going g to them. The key lock switches only have two tabs. Both sets of wires go to the top of the power distribution board on the lower back wall of the cabinet. One brown and one blue wire to each plug. One plug has two release tabs to unplg it and the other is rectangular except for being somewhat pointed on one end. I unplugged the latter and machine started and seemed to play fine. So, any info on what each plug is for and how I should hook them up?
qbert
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 30

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 03:43:02 AM »

Cowboy,
Recheck where the wires from the switch go.

The plug on the right side of the pwr box is an unswitched 110V AC used to bring power to the top cabinet to provide power for things like Mikohn progressive units. It is unswitched meaning whenever the machine is plugged in power is applied to this circuit.

The next two plugs to the left (the ones with the point) are 110v AC switched plugs. The one with a wire attached also goes to the top box to supply switched power up top. This means there will be no power to these plugs when the machine is switched off.

The next rectangle plug (it has three brown and three blue) is where the wires from the switch go, the four wires in line closest to the back wall (two brown and two blue) are your switch wires. When you throw the switch it connects the two blue wires and the two brown wires. The switch is a double pole, single throw type switch. I believe IGT does this so both sides of the 110V input are disconnected when the machine is turned off. I have not yet traced where the blue and brown wires on the front of this plug go.

Your key switches are single pole, single throw so the are not a direct replacement. This does not mean you won't be able to use them.
In the morning I will open the power box on the bottom and see if I can locate a place for your key switch connections

Hope this helps
Rich
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 04:09:55 AM »

Another reason that the S2000 has a double pole power switch is because the machine is 120/240 capable with the proper power cord.

The power supply can handle 110-240 input just like laptop power supplies.
It would not be hard to use a DPST relay (12-14V coil) and contact rating that match the power switch
use the 12V that power the inside light when door is open. that 12V is always on

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 09:19:22 AM »

Thanks for the insight guys. Been working days and haven't had a chance to tear anything apart yet. Was just trying to get a little info upfront before I start. +1 (Karma, or whatever)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.