Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:04:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  SIGMA Reel Games.
| | |-+  Sigma SG-300 "Life" that wont go into menu option.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sigma SG-300 "Life" that wont go into menu option.  (Read 16446 times)
rhlufa65os
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2011, 06:34:43 PM »

Jimmy, when I do the Ram reset I assume this is with the hopper installed correct?  I'm sure that will clear it because the guy I got it from at the convention had someone hit it for over 1000 coins and he cleared it then  the game played until he hit the cash out button. I tried weeks back to call him but he never returned my phone calls. No biggie cause it was cheap and I'm getting great help from you guys on this site. I don't  know why I didn't read other sections of the manual, I got centered on the trouble shooting logic trees...also I don't know if I mentioned it but the mother board is labeled SG-88 and not  SG-300. It has all the same things as in the SG-300 schematic just in different places.

Ray
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2011, 10:21:46 PM »

SG-300 is the model of the machine...The SG88m is the MPU board used in varies models...It should not matter if you have the hopper in or not when doing the RAM clear...Let me know if the RAM clear works or not.
rhlufa65os
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2011, 12:02:52 AM »

No, I did the Ram clearing with the hopper in and there was no difference  or changes to what it has been doing previously. When I get back home I will try it with the hopper out. I'm wondering if the issue may be with the hopper PCB? Thanks on the bill validate info. It was right  there too on page 2-11. I've done some reading in other chapters and know when we talked about the optic sensors in the hopper. The sensor was an option for the hopper and neither of the two I have got that option, they both have micro switches.

Ray
rhlufa65os
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2011, 12:06:16 AM »

I did not see which Gal chip it has (didnt have time) but will check tonite also, thanks....

Ray
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2011, 12:12:05 AM »

As far as I know the SG150 & SG300 models have optic sensors and not micro-switches...Also the hopper for the SG300 has a smaller bowl (FYI)...Let me know what the number on the GAL chip is...Did the machine say it was doing a RAM clear or did you just go thru the motions?
rhlufa65os
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2011, 02:04:02 AM »

LOL! Well yes you called that right. I was by myself and was unable to read the screen while I was holding the button and rest key. So i was "going through the motions." So I got home and had the wife read the display and it went just as you advised and was able to reset the Ram. So it does play now...thanks!  I did try the "cash out"  and it did not cash out and caused the malfunction again but we just went back through the Ram reset and it was playable again. Well at least it plays, better than being a 250 paper weight.  I would assume I can now get in the regular menu and try a hopper test but will that tell me if it is the hopper or some other  issue?       

Ray
rhlufa65os
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2011, 02:18:12 AM »

As I was saying at the convention the seller did get the hopper to dispense some coins before the malfunction then no more dispense. He said he had changed out the hopper prior to the show and that's why he felt it was just a bad hopper. I did some looking for a hooper and found one on "Rudy,s Deals" that was suppose to be for a SG-300. It is a big hopper but did fit and I did find the hopper that was in there when I got it had a seized up motor. So I don't know if I should try another hopper...any thoughts or suggestions where I should buy parts? Thank You As Always! Ray

Ray
Jimise
Don't pick it up by the candle!
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 75

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2011, 02:34:22 AM »

Glad to hear you got your machine playing again!  applause
As far as the hopper goes, I disconnect my cashout buttons
so my kids don't "accidentally" hit it   Tongue Out
rhlufa65os
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2011, 02:46:16 AM »

You know that makes scence. I love my  toys and want them as close to 100% as possible but this is our first slot and yes unless  you are using tokens you don't want your buddies robbing your piggie bank! LOL!  I like as aggravating as it is learning  about the inter-workings of toys....I appriaciate  you and all the help I got on this site.... Hail   I see folks have karma on here...how do I give karma? Thanks Dude..Ray

Ray
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2011, 02:55:27 AM »

I have done a lot of business with "Rudys"...Take to Nicole and see if they have a hopper for a SG300...If you have a sigma hopper already and it has the right bowl, then you can get a hopper with a large bowl and swap them out...I am glad things seem to be working out for you...Glad to help...I love Sigma's and have worked on many...
Jimmy
rhlufa65os
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2011, 02:58:32 AM »

applause Thanks Again Jimmy! I'm sure I will be bugging you again!!!

Ray
Jimise
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2011, 03:06:39 AM »

I have also done business with Rudys, Good people!.
I totally get the working 100% part, I am the same way .
These are fun but frustrating machines to work with.
There are some really good "frustrating" Posts on these sigmas   rotflmao

Jim..........
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 10:48:15 PM by jimise » Logged
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2011, 11:36:34 AM »

You know that makes scence. I love my  toys and want them as close to 100% as possible but this is our first slot and yes unless  you are using tokens you don't want your buddies robbing your piggie bank! LOL!  I like as aggravating as it is learning  about the inter-workings of toys....I appriaciate  you and all the help I got on this site.... Hail   I see folks have karma on here...how do I give karma? Thanks Dude..Ray

Just click on the green arrow under their Karma. Or better yet if you want to donate a little to the site for our help, we would appreciate it. Just be sure to put your forum name with it.

Ron (r273)
rhlufa65os
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2011, 01:22:56 AM »

Guess who? Ok now after a 165 credit win the white candle and alarm went  off  and the display now says "wires to meters disconnected" I was able to get the credits counted by turning the reset key twice several times until the credits were listed. Bells and candle went out played a few more time and it duplicated several more times....I assume it ment wire to the counters on the right side. Checked them and all looks good anybody have any thoughts ? Thanks!

Ray
Jimise
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2011, 02:23:42 AM »

On your cpu board locate SW 2, The small switches on the front of the board.
Turn number 10 off (or opposite the way it is now, With no credits on the machine and see if that helps.
That turns off the wire cut check circuit.

Jim......
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2011, 03:06:29 AM »

My internet went out...YOU bet me to the response...Jim is correct...Try turning off the dip switch and that should take care of that issue...Also I turn off the battery dip switch...I don't have the manual in front of me at the moment, but it should be in yours...If not, let me know...
Jimmy
Jimise
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2011, 03:29:02 AM »

Yes, The battery low check is on sw 2  #7 .
I had to do that on one of my machines today.....  Tongue Out
My internet went out...YOU bet me to the response...Jim is correct...Try turning off the dip switch and that should take care of that issue...Also I turn off the battery dip switch...I don't have the manual in front of me at the moment, but it should be in yours...If not, let me know...
Jimmy
rhlufa65os
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2011, 02:45:17 AM »

Ok guys just got back from vacation and reset the dip switches and did the other recomendations and the wife played for an hour with some 100 or so wins and no malfunctions or alarms....it says "insert coins" and not "bills" anymore also...I thank you guys again and have only one more question...Jimmy you said you disconnected your "cash out" button...how did you do that? I see the two wires running to it along with a piggie back wire from another switch...where i assume is for power....any hints? Ray

Ray
Jimise
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2011, 03:39:46 AM »

Hi Ray,
Just pull the micro switch out of the button.
There are two little plastic pins, Or little points that hold the micro switch on/into the button.
Or you can just pull a wire off the switch.
But I think you need the cashout button working if you are changing the settings.
Thats why I leave the wires attached, and just let the switch hang down.

I hope this makes some sense   Tongue Out

Jim......
rhlufa65os
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2011, 04:37:22 AM »

Yes it does and thanks again to you guys! With my luck....you will hear from me soon....LOL!

Ray
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2011, 01:57:13 PM »

Once again Jim has chimed in before me...His last (and all posts) are correct...Good luck with the game...
Jimmy
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.