Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:50:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  Bally 5000, 5500 and Others.
| | |-+  Trying to I.D. 1988 Bally Video Poker machine
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trying to I.D. 1988 Bally Video Poker machine  (Read 7729 times)
videoporker
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 7

« on: December 22, 2008, 10:36:32 PM »

A guy is selling a non working one but only can tell me that it's a "2337-12" poker machine made in 1988.
Anybody know what model this might be by the year it was made?
Any manuals floating around and any advice to help fix an error code "ee4 inappropriate coin"

I was thinking of buying it but the guy is at least an hours drive away. I was hoping to learn some about it before I went to look at it.
Still trying to get a picture of it.
Thanks
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 11:16:29 PM »

it is a V-2000 Platform, late 80's, model before the System 5000, they also have it as a 21 machine, some parts are still out there I think, if it is working what the heck, I think it needs a keypad as well to set options, I tried to give away a working V-2000 Mini Bertha Slot last year and couldn't get a taker

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 12:26:19 AM »

the v2000 are a good video poker/21 - parts are available -  may be as simple as a reseat of the boards - bad coin switch - usually in the boards (which Larry Weber in Vegas is good at fixing).
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 01:23:40 PM »

I agree with Barry, Larry Weber at K-LAR is great and a very nice guy to deal with.

Dan (tacman)

videoporker
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 7

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 06:18:30 PM »

Awww, I was hoping it was a Gamemaker Tongue Out

Thanks for the info, I'll get in touch with Larry Weber at K-LAR.

Don't like having to find a keypad to set options with, are those around still?

It's not working now so it would take some fussing with to get it playing.

In it's favor is the fact it's a nickel machine like my other and I might get a deal because it's not working.

Here's a picture of it...

* nickel.JPG (40.64 KB, 640x480 - viewed 316 times.)
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 06:27:26 PM »

You can still get the keypads from time to time, I have had a few for sale this year

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
ricker
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 08:08:50 PM »

I think I owned a model 2336. Anyway, you should be able to clear on screen error messages by pressing the right hand button located on the hopper board visable on the front left of hopper(right behind the handle for removing hopper). Inapropriate coin message shows when more than the number of coins allowed( 5 coin usually) and the diverter to coin return, fails to activate. The button on the left on the hopper board mearly re-boots machine. I'll check my photo's and see if I can show button locations.

You probably won't need the keypad as it is used to set colors, button and jackpot sounds, programmed percentage payback info, as well as diagnostics.

Most other options(max coins 3, 5, 10, 100, etc.), credit non/credit, paytable on screen(used for bar top machine), or not at all, are set by the dip-switches at the rear left of the top board. I don't remember which ones do what.

Richard

* 100_1480.jpg (169.98 KB, 800x1067 - viewed 388 times.)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 08:55:28 PM by ricker » Logged
OhioGaming
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 297

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 11:40:56 PM »

I aquired one of these V2000 (2337-21) machines today and have a few problems with it after I got it to fire up.

1) Hopper motor does not turn when cashing out and the fuse is good. The light on the hopper board does not light up. I can cheat the hopper and press the coin out switch on the hopper to act as though it is dispensing coins.

2) Can not continue to play with coins when there are a hundred or more credits. Get the "Inapropriate Coin" error message.

3) I can change the game layout .. number of coins that can be played with the dip switch setting .. any clue to what else they can do? The machine's glass has play 1 to 10 coins and I can set to play five only or an unlimited amount (at least 60).

4) Is the key switch on the right side exterior used for a jackpot reset?

5) Since I don't have a manual .. I need the NLG support team's help!!

Thanks,
Ken

« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 11:49:51 PM by OhioGaming » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.