Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 26, 2024, 12:55:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Lighted bill accept stickers
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lighted bill accept stickers  (Read 10867 times)
cruisepl
PGFD (Ret.)
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 33

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2010, 05:34:50 AM »

K+ to all for your help

Clap

Someone has to be stupid enough to run into a burning building when everyone else is running out !!
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2010, 05:38:03 AM »

if you want to avoid having to open the black box.
each of your player buttons has the 13V and BGND wires going to each switch and light
13V is the red wire going to the light socket
BGND is the black with red stripe/rracer.

just connect one wire to BGND and one to 13VDC

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
cruisepl
PGFD (Ret.)
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2010, 07:56:23 AM »

if you want to avoid having to open the black box.
each of your player buttons has the 13V and BGND wires going to each switch and light
13V is the red wire going to the light socket
BGND is the black with red stripe/rracer.

just connect one wire to BGND and one to 13VDC

I had originally thought about that too but like I said I have LED bulbs in my buttons. These stickers and LEDs DO NOT mix. Believe me when I say that it took less than a second for me to fry one of my displays just because I wanted an LED bulb in my denom window.  I think the best option is to open the black box and move the jumper. Ill post again later with the results after Im more rested and can think straight.

Someone has to be stupid enough to run into a burning building when everyone else is running out !!
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2010, 09:20:19 AM »

I have LED's in my buttons, BV Bezel all from MCM Electronics.
I am using my BV bezel to control the Illuminated Sticker.

I removed the socket with the wires from my BV bezel and the denom switch (from the player pansl and placed them so I could access both with main door closed  and belly door open
Used 2 pieces of short wire being careful how I handled them, didnt want to short the 13V to any ground at all
Connected one between red wire (13V) on switches lamp socket and the small lamp socket for the Illuminated sticker and another wire between the Black wire (BGND) from the bottom of switch and the other terminal of the small lamp socket. The terminals stick out so they can make contact with the BV or Denom PC boards.
As soon as I completed the connections the sticker operated just fine.

I had no problems with any displays or any sub systems in the machine.

I might not be totally correct but from my experience in the S2000, just about any wire with solid Red insulation is +13VDC and any Black with red stripe or tracer is BGND (ground for the 13V)
I know there might be an exception but on the door I found it to be true. I suspect that green does not always mean ground as well.

I guess you have not seen my post on a auto-play switch for the S2000 using just a simple on off switch.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 09:33:24 AM by Foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
cruisepl
PGFD (Ret.)
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2010, 12:20:32 PM »

UPDATE: 

I could not sleep so I figured I might just as well try to switch the jumper and install the sticker.  I followed the link in reply 7, removed the screw from the back of the black box and moved the jumper from the factory position to the position shown in the pic. Put the screw back in place and plugged the sticker into the connection from the box. After powering off the machine  I removed my hopper and coin tray. I made the connections between the machine and the sticker tranformer box and laid the tranformer and the orange wire in the space where my hopper should be and ran the ribbon cable and sticker under the door through the opening where the coin tray would be. Turned the machine on, closed the door and ...................... Works like a charm, exactly how I wanted it to.

Thanks again to all who had some input and suggestions.  Now the question is does anyone know what happens if the jumper is put in one of the other 5 positions?

Im going to bed now long boring night at work which I guess is a good thing. I make the permanent installation later this afternoon.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2010, 12:45:45 PM »

lol...I must of went to bed long before you!
I'm glad you got it going.  yes
There was some guy on here before that claimed the whole idea of
the Illuminated stickers was his and that he knew all about these but didn't want to tell us.
He sounded like a real dink anyways and never came back.
I think he was just pissed because we were tinkering with "his" toys...lol

Hey! You think Panasonic ever got mad at me when
I opened up one of their radios when I was like 13 years old? NO!!! lol
They're were just happy I ever bought one!  rotflmao
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2010, 06:02:16 PM »

The jumper is in the sealed power supply ?

I did not see mention of the Jumper in the stickers that I received.

Yes, it's inside the power supply.  It's not documented anywhere other than here on the site -- there is no mention of it in the instructions.

Im not sure who it was but there was a post a while ago about the jumper controlling the speed and other options of the sticker.

No, the jumper can't do that.  The EPROM chip in there controls the behavior of the lights on the sticker.  The only way to change the speed/pattern/etc. would be to disect the code on the chip, figure out how it works, and burn a new chip with new code.  A former member on here did just that, but that person is no longer on NLG.

The other jumper positions do not do anything to alter the behavior of the sticker.  I would assume that they're actually not connected to anything, but I'm not sure that I'd risk damaging the thing to try and find out.  I can state for sure that the speed/pattern/etc. is controlled by information on the EPROM chip.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
cruisepl
PGFD (Ret.)
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2010, 09:47:42 PM »

Im not sure who it was but there was a post a while ago about the jumper controlling the speed and other options of the sticker.

No, the jumper can't do that.  The EPROM chip in there controls the behavior of the lights on the sticker.  The only way to change the speed/pattern/etc. would be to disect the code on the chip, figure out how it works, and burn a new chip with new code.  A former member on here did just that, but that person is no longer on NLG.

The other jumper positions do not do anything to alter the behavior of the sticker.  I would assume that they're actually not connected to anything, but I'm not sure that I'd risk damaging the thing to try and find out.  I can state for sure that the speed/pattern/etc. is controlled by information on the EPROM chip.

Sorry, now that you say it I do remember the post discussing the chip modification to control speed etc.  I didnt want to risk damaging anything either just for the sake of investigating what might happen. The sticker works just fine when I moved the jumper so Im going to leave it alone and order some more for a few other machines.  Thanks again for the info on moving the jumper it was exactly what I was looking for.  K+ again

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.