Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:35:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  open door issue
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: open door issue  (Read 8155 times)
Duxx
« on: October 09, 2008, 11:29:01 PM »

I keep getting an open door. I have checked the wiring and the switches and they seem to be ok.
im i missing something. could it be the back board?
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 11:56:26 PM »

Door open what M or B or C, there is a switch for the back of the BV, for the cash box,  one for the Cash Box Door, Possibly a Drop Door, the letter next to it will tell you what switch

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
Duxx
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 02:37:25 AM »

yes, i was not specific, its the M door
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 04:04:07 AM »

M door means the Main Door

There is a Infrared LED and Transistor (optics) on the door latch and right side of cabinet. check alignment

A digital camera can see the IR LED, and a flashlight can activate the IR transistor

Check alignment and that the latch goes all the way down.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Duxx
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 11:43:07 AM »

Thank you Foster. I will check that.

Slotmaster
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 172

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 03:00:27 PM »

Just one small thing to note......  (I make this note as this topic is in GK / I+ forum)

I+ or Game Kings don't have the optic installed.

S2000 is the only one with that from the factory.

Now it is possible to install an optic on I+ but I have yet to ever have seen this done.

There are 2 switches on an I+ for the door, only 1 needs to be closed.   

With the door open push both (if 2 are there, if not there might only be 1 switch as I don't know which cabinet you have) check the switch to ensure the light inside the cabinet goes out when pushed.  If it stays on then you have a switch or wiring issue inside your cabinet. 

I hope this helps you out

Duxx
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 11:43:05 AM »

thank you slotmaster
i have the cabinet with 2 switches on the right side next to the monitor.
i have checked them and they work ok. i have located the connector on the back board and check it there and signal is present. thats where i am now.
do you know where the backboard wires go to? or shoul i replace the board?
thanks
monitorman
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 9

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 09:15:35 PM »

I would check the belly door switch. this also will show a M door and always seems to need adjusted.
Duxx
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 09:36:39 PM »

the belly door switch was unplugged (one of the terminals ws broken) so i put a jumper on the connector but nothing.
is this the correct action?
monitorman
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 9

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 10:15:04 PM »

yes but make sure you have a good connection. Recheck the door switch next to the monitor. with the game turned off pull the monitor and make sure no wires are pinched between the monitor and monitor tray. check the belly door switch wires at the main door hinge for broke or pinched wires. Make sure the C door switch wires are not pinched or up against the service light and sorting to ground. Also this sounds dumb but check and make sure no wires ar pinched in between the power supply and power supply connector and make sure the power supply is seated all the way in. GOOD LUCK.
hoppy
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 7

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2008, 03:54:50 AM »

I have a similar problem with one of my 7570350 boards that I have not found a cure for yet. (a track is corroded away so the logic circuit is floating  or a chip pin may be shorted across though salt on the board )
It had leaked battery contents onto the circuit board in the past prior to me purchasing it.
All my other boards do not produce M door open on the machine. 
My machine is a is a NZ Game king 960.
BENCHTECHBILL

Total Karma Storms: 6

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2008, 12:03:53 PM »

Duxx did you get your game working?

BENCHTECHBILL

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2008, 12:22:49 PM »

Hoppy as for your board. It dosn't not matter where you are located. It only matters if you are gaming or lottery. With the board installed in a game or test jig, press the service button touch the diagnostics button on screen then touch Input and output test. and then touch processor board I/O test. with the door open you should get a (O) on the line that says MAIN DOOR. Pull the door service switchs out. The MAIN DOOR should now flash between (1 and O). it knot you could have a open resistor on the logic R201 100Kohm or open R213 470Kohm. The most common part to go bad as we all know is U65 witch is a 4503. Check these out and let me know if this takes care of your problem.
hoppy

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 07:01:16 AM »

Hi benchtechbill.  Thank you for your info...   
Door test from diagnotics with faulty board. '0' with door latch lifted '1' with door latch set in closed position
Disconnecton of door switch output stays '0' in all instances.

Door test from diagnotics with good board. '0' with door latch lifted '1' with door latch set in closed position
and game starts up after 2 seconds .

Resistors did not seem to correspond with any on my board.

Have uploaded 2 files  038 Processor Bd Assy.pdf and 757 035 -12 Processor Bd Schematic.pdf. 
I think these are the same as (or close to) my boards.
resistors RP 14 and RP15 are ok will be a while getting a replacement for U60. Thank you.

* 038 Processor Bd Assy.pdf (196.39 KB - downloaded 191 times.)
* 757 035-12 Bd Schem.pdf (774.12 KB - downloaded 176 times.)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 04:30:33 AM by hoppy » Logged
BENCHTECHBILL

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2008, 11:24:41 AM »

Your Board is Very old. you will need to check RP14 pins 3-4 for 100K ohms and RP15 pins 1 and 5 for 470K ohms. if both are good The IC to change is U60 a 4503 let us know how things turn out.
hoppy

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2008, 05:13:03 AM »

Hi
Have replaced U60 on my 7570350 board when i first tried it  yesterday the screen stayed black and only the 2 green led came on and one of the Red LEDs flashed intermittently, initialising restart.
today I tried it to see which red LED was flashing and the system initialised.
Still reporting M door open
Have opened up diagnostics for the board and checked Quarts settings.
main door shows '1' with the door closed. when I lift door bar indicates '0' .... (on the other machine with a good board the machine starts the game the moment the door switch closes)
if I put a good board into the machine it will start as normal.
The fault is definitely coming from the board.
cheers tony
BENCHTECHBILL

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2008, 10:38:27 AM »

Do you have a logic probe? If so put it on pin 7 of u60 with the door open it should be low and with the door closed it should pulse.
hoppy

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 05:58:11 AM »

I have not been able to get a logic probe on it, but i can see, that in a good board the door indication in the diagnostic screen is oscillating
0 1 0 1 0 just before the game takes over from the diagnostic screen. The faulty board is latching solid  1 with the door closed.
thank you for any help
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.