Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 02:09:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  meter disconnected error
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: meter disconnected error  (Read 20900 times)
j blair
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2011, 12:51:59 PM »

blueridgeslots  --  this is j blair. im new to this . what is the seven segment display and how do i disconnect it? do i hook it back up then after open/close door a few times? remember im learning as im a new slot owner . thanks
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2011, 01:16:02 PM »

THE seven segment display is a generic term for the red numbers in the reel glass section open door and unplug  as per JIMS instructions   to different type shown

* P1010124.JPG (891.89 KB, 2272x1704 - viewed 268 times.)

* P1010052.JPG (895.07 KB, 2272x1704 - viewed 293 times.)

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
j blair
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2011, 01:25:26 PM »

i unpluged 7 seg display and open/close door a few times with no luck. and then plugged it back in and restarted machine with no luck. im getting meter disconnected and no top candle or bill validator light working. whats next??
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2011, 05:19:00 AM »

i unpluged 7 seg display and open/close door a few times with no luck. and then plugged it back in and restarted machine with no luck. im getting meter disconnected and no top candle or bill validator light working. whats next??

Was the machine powered up when you opened and closed the doors a few times? It needs to be. The idea is to clear the error stack.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
j blair
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2011, 09:03:37 AM »

statfreak -- yes, it was powerd up. i then powered down and hooked the 7 seg display up again and powered up again. i still have dead machine!
kforeman
Today...Slot Tech Tomorrow...Still be a Tech
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 42

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2011, 05:03:59 PM »

i unplugged 7 seg display and open/close door a few times with no luck. and then plugged it back in and restarted machine with no luck. im getting meter disconnected and no top candle or bill validator light working. whats next??

did you ever eliminate the I/O cards?  i would definitely start with them.  could be a netplex issue.  you've eliminated the 7 seg, did you just unplug at the display or at the driver board?  try both one at a time.  then i would unplug the printer, BV, spectrum display from the mother board one at a time.  make sure you power down, unplug the device, power back up, open close main door a few times, power down, reconnect device, unplug next device, power up....
if none of the netplex devices make any difference i would swap the mother board.  have you changed the mpu?  pull it out and have a good look at it, many times you can see a toasty chip or trace near the plugs.  Burning Resistor

Now You're Techin'!!!
j blair
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2011, 06:45:31 PM »

i changed out I/O boards - didnt work! whats a netplex issue? is that I/O boards? i unpluged 7 seg at display also - didnt work! ill try unplugging stuff and look at the underside of mpu board. i have another mpu board coming in the mail. should get it in a couple days. ill keep ya updated. thanks a million for all help!
mozart14
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2011, 03:08:07 AM »

Thanks blueridgeslots .  I unplugged the "7 Segment Display " and powered it back up and was finally able to turn my paperweight back into a working slot machine.  I haven't plugged the 7 Segment Display backed in because I'm afraid of screwing it up again. 
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2011, 04:01:53 AM »

Thanks blueridgeslots .  I unplugged the "7 Segment Display " and powered it back up and was finally able to turn my paperweight back into a working slot machine.  I haven't plugged the 7 Segment Display backed in because I'm afraid of screwing it up again. 

That was some good advice...had not thought about that myself.  Assuming there are no credits in the machine, try key chipping the machine and find the section on "display", select the 7-segment option and see if it works.

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2011, 04:31:49 AM »

j blair   When Blueridge told you to open and close the door a few times, that was a very important thing that needed done.  S 2000 machines when they get a error some errors are cleared by opening and closing the door. If you by chance have more than one error, only one error at a time will be cleared with each opening and closing the door. You don't have to physically move the door, just lift the latch and lower the latch, do this 4 or 5 times. Sometimes you will get a supprise.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
j blair
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2011, 11:50:16 AM »

BUZZ - - ill try that right now. im waiting for machine to self test. ill be right back! --------------- didnt work. my error is meter disconnected and also candle doesnt seem to be working and my bill validator isnt lighting. the bill validator is enabled and works when i use toggle to test and makes a noise on machine self test when i turn it on. i replaced i/O boards and pins look good on them. the factory jumper wire is tight in the meter plug. have done a 97 clear and a 45 key per instructions. at the end of the 97 clear the meter disconnect error will come up. took reels out to see if i could see anything behind them and all looked good. this is a very clean machine and grounds and all plugs seem tight!! i have another mpu board coming in the mail and should get it today or tomorrow. after i put all my chips in it and if i dont screw it up ill let ya know what happens! what would be the next thing to look at or replace if my new mpu board doesnt solve my problem. would it be some other board as i know there are alot of boards in these things. remember im new at this so i need simple terms to understand. im learning alot though.  thanks BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
j blair
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2011, 10:24:42 PM »

this is j blair---- got another mpu board and put my chips in it and did a clear and key chip with no results!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  same thing   ---- meter disconnected error. what do i do?? i replaced I/O cards!! now what??? im going crazy! pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee help!!!!!!
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2011, 03:36:52 AM »

Time to make sure every connector going to the motherboard is in the proper connector on the mothaerboard.
Example SENET Connector in the Door SENET connector on the motherboard.

also make sure you do not have any cut wires especially those for the meter

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
j blair
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2011, 09:09:28 AM »

Foster  ---  ill look at all those things again. is the mother board the one on the back of cabinate behind the mpu? im starting to learn these terms! ill let you know what i find. wont be able to look today but ill have time friday. ill keep you posted. thanks    PS  -  my plug for the meters has the jumper wire in it. so many wires in cabinate to tell where the meter wires go back to. where do they go? mother board??
morning_glory21
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2011, 01:24:50 PM »

the mother board is the one in the back beneath the reel shelf that the mpu plugs into and all of the cabling for the various devices run to.
j blair
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2011, 05:31:39 PM »

could a handle solenoid cause meter disconnected error?????????????????????????????????????
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2011, 06:24:16 PM »

could a handle solenoid cause meter disconnected error?????????????????????????????????????

I don't know to the above question  !!!!!!

Why don't we take a step backwards. Do we know if the door optics are good ?? When you open and close the door latch does the VFD ( blue display on left side ) change, blink, do anything ??  If the optics aren't working the error will not clear !!

The jumper on your meter plug, are you sure it's making good contact??  I always put solder on both ends of the jumper and make it a lot like a pin. ( better contact )

Take a look at the IO card pins ( bottom side ) and make sure none of them are bent.

When you were messing around with the power switch, did you hear a electrical arc or see smoke ??

Enough questions for now

Oh this has never been addressed in this thread. If you want a outside power switch, just use a surge proctor power strip that has a off and on switch.  Silly Me! Sure would have saved you a lot of work, huh

FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2011, 06:55:18 PM »

I did not read all of this post but I ran into a meter disconnected error today.
I took all extras out of a game to make a bare game for a guy. I got the error.
I changed boards & it was still there. After about an hour of pissing around I put another game in & same thing.
I changed ALL the chips on board & problem solved.
I must have one of the chips that was bad.
Food for thought.
Ford
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2011, 09:54:26 PM »

The wiring harness for the meters, handle switch, solenoid and a few other devices end up at the Cabinet I/O board.
The backlit controller plugs into the front the others are on connector at the back of cabinet I/O cover
The cabinet I/O board is mounted to the outside of the MPU cover. just below the reels.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
j blair
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2011, 11:26:36 PM »

j blair here  --- im at work (firehouse) and wont be able to do anything until fri evning. ill try that stuff buzz and will be back on line fri.  -  thanks
j blair
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2011, 10:28:07 PM »

buzz - i did all the above and now getting coin in jam error. cleaned coin optics and cant see any coins jammed! opened and closed door waiting 5 sec. a few times. one positive!!! my candle is working now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks  jb
j blair
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2011, 12:28:23 AM »

did a clear chip 97 and after that same thing --- coin in jam but i dont have meter disconnected error!
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2011, 01:09:36 AM »

Well your getting close.  I hate to sound like a broken record, but open and close the door a few more times.

j blair
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2011, 11:18:09 AM »

buzz  - any other ideas? that didnt work
morning_glory21
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2011, 07:10:22 PM »

do you have a sample coin in the comparator?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.