Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 03:43:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Key Chip Problems "Displays Netplex link is down"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Key Chip Problems "Displays Netplex link is down"  (Read 4408 times)
skooter710
« on: October 16, 2012, 12:31:28 AM »

Have a s2000 DD Haywire trying to get into keychip settings. Take the u21 chip out put the keychip31 in and get the error Displays netplex link is down? I am a newbie am i doing something wrong here. Chip is set properly and everything as well.

Thanks
Scott
skooter710
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 12:49:49 AM »

any help would be great
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 01:15:43 AM »

"netplex link is down" is not a error.  When you see this, turn off power remove key chip and install SB chip and power up. Machine will now go into key menu.

Scott I'm assuming you are doing this with NO credits on the machine.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
skooter710
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 01:23:20 AM »

Yeah thanks i was just figuring this out LOL now the two AMBER light never even come on MPU This is a keychip 3. No lights like nsaid ever even come on the MPU. Put game ROM back in and everything is good Just can't get into Keychip menu still
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 01:55:25 AM »

I'm going to repeat " you must have zero credits on the machine ' to get into key menu.

Damn I hit the wrong button

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
skooter710
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 02:18:48 AM »

That was with zero credits.

Scott
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 01:40:35 PM »

Do you have a reader/programmer to verify that your Keychip is any good?
If the Keychip was good, there should be no reason why the amber LED's should not turn on after a few seconds.
Make sure all the legs of the eprom are on the socket holes and none are folded over underneath the chip body.
skooter710
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 02:20:03 PM »

Yeah all legs are good and seeded correctly in the socket. Even have a chip puller to better handle the chip to. All very weird. i can try it in another game as I don't have a reader/writer sadly.

Scott
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.