Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:03:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  S+ bill validator won't cycle on
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S+ bill validator won't cycle on  (Read 21312 times)
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2011, 12:11:17 AM »

it takes the bills in, keeps it in momentarily and the "insert coin" light flickers, and then it spits it back out.  Any idea on what the problem is?

Without a doubt, as poppo said, it's the wrong ID on the validator for the machine.  What SP chip do you have, and is there any indication on the DBV as to what ID it is programmed for (it should be 22/23 selectable by the DIP switches, but we need to make sure) Edit: I see in reply #11 that the sticker says it's ID022/23.

Did you have the power off when you changed DIP switch 10?  Are you positive you were flipping switch 10 and not 1?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2011, 12:26:48 AM »

Just so you can be orientated correctly. Off is toward the chip.
Note: Yours may have a flash chip and not a socketed one. Same thing.

* bv dip.jpg (141.7 KB, 573x577 - viewed 241 times.)
bkbargins4u
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2011, 12:50:26 AM »

I double checked and I did flip switch #10 on on the new bill validator, I have also attached a picture of the top of the new validator.  I don't know what 2.40-04-03 means.  I checked the old validator and #1,#2, and #10 are on, should I filp #1 and #2 off and try it again?  I tried flipping #1,#2, and #10 on the new one, and the light never came on.         

* 026.JPG (363.58 KB, 1522x1329 - viewed 209 times.)
bkbargins4u
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2011, 01:06:10 AM »

and there are no numbers or anything on my game chip.
poppo

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2011, 01:29:22 AM »

I  I checked the old validator and #1,#2, and #10 are on, should I filp #1 and #2 off and try it again?  I tried flipping #1,#2, and #10 on the new one, and the light never came on.          

Look at the chart above. 1-6 'on' will reject the those bills. So like I said, first try with ALL switches off first (most common setting). Then try with just 10 on if that doesn't work.  You must power cycle it when flipping switches.

We can figure out the SP number in a bit. Try this first.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2011, 01:48:50 AM »

You must power cycle it when flipping switches.

Agree with Post

In fact, it's generally best (with any electrical device that uses DIP switches) to have the power OFF when changing DIP switch settings.

To determine your SP chip even though it doesn't have a label, follow these directions:

http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/SPSS.htm

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
poppo

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2011, 01:54:23 AM »

To determine your SP chip even though it doesn't have a label, follow these directions:

http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/SPSS.htm

It's sounding like the main problem was dip 1 & 2 being on. That would reject the singles he was trying. While good to know the SP# and how to determine it, it's going to be one ID or the other. So either all switches off, or all off except for #10. I'm betting if he flips them all off it will work.
bkbargins4u
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2011, 09:05:44 PM »

I'm back, sorry for the delay.

OK, I flipped all of the switches off and it rejected the bills.  I flipped switch 10 on and it also rejected bills.  I just used that transport in another one of machines last week and it worked without a problem, maybe I will put back in the other machine and test it again. 

I also checked to see what game and reel chips I have, and it doesn't make sense according to the instructions.  With a 4 displayed in the coins played window, the numbers 4239 and 5 flashed back and forth in the winner paid window, and only the number 0708 was displayed in the credits window (it never flashed to another number). 

Maybe a bad game chip??????   
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2011, 09:17:29 PM »

SS4239 is a valid chip number for a 2-coin Coral Reef game (not sure what the deal was the flashing "5").  SP708 is a valid SP chip number that supports Type 5 games (Coral Reef is Type 5).

From the PSR for the SP708, which got me thinking about something...
Bills will be rejected if any of the following conditions occur:  a $5 bill is inserted and the game denomination is $2, a $50 bill is inserted and the game denomination is $20, the game denomination is higher than the bill denomination, or the credit value of the accepted bill plus any credits on the game would exceed the bill limit that is set in the self test mode.

Do you know what denomination your machine is set to by chance (not whether it takes quarters, but the denom that is set up in the self test menu with the use of the set chip)?

To be perfectly clear, too, when you say it's rejecting the bills, it's taking the bill in, holding it for a second or two, and then spitting it out, right?

Edited to add: The PSR doesn't say it, but our SP/ST list identifies that SP chip as being for ID022, so if that's accurate, you need to have DIP switch 10 set to ON (with everything else off).
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 09:35:09 PM by knagl » Logged

bkbargins4u
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2011, 09:38:28 PM »

I set it up to take quarters.  I don't remember setting up a "bill limit" with the set chip, I believe the only thing in the instructions was turning the bill validator on. 

You are correct, it's taking the bill in, holding it for a second or two, and then spitting it out.

poppo

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2011, 09:47:14 PM »

.... (not sure what the deal was the flashing "5").  

I'm pretty sure it is the game type combination. I get a 2 on my Double Jackpot Haywire game/reel chip combo.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2011, 09:49:25 PM »

I'm stumped.  It almost seems like the head isn't switching protocols when you switch the DIP switch -- that's the only thing I can think of.

Please don't take this as talking down to you or anything, but you're sure that switch 10 (and not switch 1) is set to ON, and the others are set to OFF?  I just can't think of any other reason why you're getting the results that you are.

I set it up to take quarters.

Could it be set to $25 by mistake, by chance, instead of $0.25?  With that, it would still give one credit per quarter inserted, but wouldn't accept anything less than a $50 (and the $50 or $100 would likely need to be an older (non-colorized) style bill).  For kicks, it might be worth going through the SET chip procedure again.

.... (not sure what the deal was the flashing "5").  

I'm pretty sure it is the game type combination. I get a 2 on my Double Jackpot Haywire game/reel chip combo.

Aah, well, that makes sense as Coral Reef is Type 5.

poppo

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2011, 09:49:48 PM »

I set it up to take quarters.  I don't remember setting up a "bill limit" with the set chip, I believe the only thing in the instructions was turning the bill validator on.  

There is another step. With the SET chip in:

Press the test button and look for 9_0.
Press the spin button to set it to 9_1 (turns on the DBV)
Press test button until 6 appears in the coin played window.
0 appears in credit meter.
Press the spin button to increment through the available denominations. Numbers are in cents (2500 = $25)
When the desired denomination is in the credits window, press the test button to set it.

If the denomination is set to 0 it won't work.
bkbargins4u
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2011, 10:39:50 PM »

There is another step. With the SET chip in:

Press the test button and look for 9_0.
Press the spin button to set it to 9_1 (turns on the DBV)
Press test button until 6 appears in the coin played window.
0 appears in credit meter.
Press the spin button to increment through the available denominations. Numbers are in cents (2500 = $25)
When the desired denomination is in the credits window, press the test button to set it.

The spin button doesn't do anything after 0 appears in credit meter.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2011, 10:55:21 PM »

The spin button doesn't do anything after 0 appears in credit meter.

Interesting.  It certainly should, otherwise you can't set the denomination (and your machine won't know how many credits to give for a dollar, so it won't work)!

Try it again using these instructions.

Is there a label on your SET chip to indicate what it is (like "SET015" or "SET090")?

poppo

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2011, 11:11:33 PM »

Interesting.  It certainly should, otherwise you can't set the denomination (and your machine won't know how many credits to give for a dollar, so it won't work)!

Try it again using these instructions.

Is there a label on your SET chip to indicate what it is (like "SET015" or "SET090")?

I don't remember - can you change the denomination with a SET if there are credits on the machine? Scratch Head

To Billk - if there are credits, get them off first and try again. It can't hurt. There are certain settings you can't change if there are credits. Just not sure if this if one of them.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2011, 12:13:19 AM »

I don't remember - can you change the denomination with a SET if there are credits on the machine? Scratch Head

It would make sense that you can't -- otherwise your four $0.25 credits could turn into $4 if you changed it from $0.25 to $1.   yes

bkbargins4u
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2011, 01:24:32 AM »

There are no credits on the board, and it is a set 15 chip.  Is that the wrong set chip? 
poppo

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2011, 01:45:44 AM »

There are no credits on the board, and it is a set 15 chip.  Is that the wrong set chip?  

It 'should' be ok. It does let you enable/disable the BV beteen 9_0 and 9_1 correct? Is it still at 9_1 when you put the SET chip in? If so, you might want to toggle it off and then back on and then see if it will let you set the denomination.

When you put the set chip in, what options (displays) do you get as you press the self test button? Are there any options that the spin button is lit?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 01:52:08 AM by poppo » Logged
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2011, 02:33:37 AM »

Assuming that the data on the chip is a SET015, it should work with your chip.  (Sometimes someone will label it as a 15 but it'll actually be programmed with something else.)

As much as I hate to suggest using a clear chip, this might be a good time to try it to clear all of the settings in the motherboard and see if your SET chip behaves properly.  Try poppo's suggestion of disabling the validator, power on with the normal game chip, then back to the set chip and re-enable and see if it'll let you set the denom first.  If not, then think about clearing and trying again.

bkbargins4u
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2011, 10:17:54 PM »

OK, I will try those 2 suggestions tonight and report back.  However, I am confused.  I have 2 different sets of instructions and they both say that I am setting the coin denomination of machine when I press the spin button after I turn the bill validator on (when 9-1 appears in winner paid window), from 0 - 5 is nickel, 10 is dime, 25 is quarter, and 100 is dollar, there isn't an option higher than 100.  There is nothing about setting the denominations for the bill validator.  Is it possible that that the set 15 does not set the denomination for the bill validator?         
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2011, 10:24:48 PM »

It's possible but that depends on what SP chip you're using.
bkbargins4u
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2011, 10:27:37 PM »

It appears to be an SP708.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2011, 10:30:29 PM »

Start reading>>>

Set–chip   IGT utility program SET005, SET015 or SET017 is required to modify the denomination and enable/disable the bill acceptor. If the bill acceptor is disabled, the denomination can be set in the self test mode.  SET017 is required to select the SAS EFT option.  IGT SAS must be specified as the accounting system communication type in the self test mode before the SAS EFT option can be selected with the set-chip.

FEATURES AND CAPABILITIES
Bill Acceptor   JCM compatible; can accept $1 to $100 bills.  Rowe compatibility limited; can accept $1 to $20 bills.  Enable/disable with the set–chip.  The game will automatically disable the bill acceptor if the denomination is set to either $500 or $1,000.  If the Credit Only option for paying bill credits is selected, the bill is paid as credits regardless of the current player initiated credit/non–credit selection.
Bill Rejection
Feature   Bills will be rejected if any of the following conditions occur:  a $5 bill is inserted and the game denomination is $2, a $50 bill is inserted and the game denomination is $20, the game denomination is higher than the bill denomination, or the credit value of the accepted bill plus any credits on the game would exceed the bill limit that is set in the self test mode.
Denomination
Modifications   Requires the denomination set–chip, unless the bill acceptor and SAS EFT option is disabled, in which case the denomination is set in the self test mode.  When the denomination is set to zero (none), the bill acceptor is disabled (if present), the game will not display progressive amounts and all progressive wins will cause the game to go to a hand–pay lockup condition.  Can be set at $.05, $.10, $.25, $.50, $1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $25, $50, $100 or zero (none).  If the SAS EFT option is selected (using the set–chip), the denomination can also be set at $500 or $1,000.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2011, 11:17:38 PM »

Is it possible that that the set 15 does not set the denomination for the bill validator?

Not that I'm aware of.  It would defeat the purpose of the set chip if you couldn't set the denomination, as you can't use the bill validator without a denomination set (the machine doesn't know how many credits for a dollar without setting the denomination).

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.