Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:11:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Need help initializing my S+ after a battery change
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need help initializing my S+ after a battery change  (Read 19767 times)
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2011, 12:26:51 AM »

Your hard drive might be failing on your Easy Street machine.  One of our members posted a conversion he did to his machine so that the machine uses a compact flash card instead of a hard drive.  It's something you might want to look into.

Click here to see the thread about it.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
rns6006
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2011, 01:03:09 AM »

Very cool but Im not smart enough to do that. Have to find somebody else to do it for Me. Got to know your limits..
I've built computers before but programing is not My specialty. And dont want to screw My machine up totally.
 Maybe just have the hard drive cloned? So I have a spare??
rns6006
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2011, 01:18:35 PM »

That is a very cool thread. The more I think about it, the more I would like to do it. Soldering is no problem but
I dont know squat about Linux. That would be the only thing holding Me back.  New project.... Got to fix Easy street!
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2011, 07:04:23 PM »

Do you have any computer geek friends nearby who might be able to help you with it?  It's a little beyond my knowledge, too, but I'm sure if you find the right guy it'd be a piece of cake.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
rns6006
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2011, 08:26:18 PM »

I think I am the local geek in this area, at least among My friends. When ever they have comp problems
they call Me. Just recently became a great fan of Apple computers as I have a Mac book pro and love
it. It is so much faster and and better than My windows machines. But all My friends use windows comps
and I usually can fix their problems. But this is a little out-side the box. Just got to look around and see
what turns up..
rns6006
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2011, 11:35:47 PM »

Ok. Got the clear chips and went through the process but got to the end where Im supposed to be playing the machine but got another error on the
eeprom. code 65-3. ( the sticker on the inside of the door says 65 is eeprom error) Any ideas ???
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2011, 11:43:43 PM »

Yep, turn the jackpot reset key.

Take a look at this list of S+ errors and solutions -- it's more comprehensive than the sticker in your machine.

rns6006
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2011, 11:58:44 PM »

Thank you, getting on it now....Let ya know in a bit if I got it working or not...
rns6006
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2011, 12:38:43 AM »

Ok... S+ is functioning and playable.... but.... credit window is -0 ( not eve lit up ) and any hit on the pay line is paid directly by the hopper. This hopper is nearly worn out and doesnt like to pick the coins up but still works. If I re-set the bill validator, will that make my credits work again???
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2011, 12:54:46 AM »

The quick and dirty way is to press the "Cash - Credit" (or "Cash Out") button before playing.  The real fix is a setting within the software that you'll need to change through the self test menu.  In order to give you the right directions, we need to know what the SP chip is that's in your machine.

Here are directions on how to determine the SP chip in your machine:
http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/SPSS.htm

Also, do you have a SET chip to enable the bill validator?  You'll want to do that, too, I'm sure.  Directions on how to do that can be found here:
http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/dbv.htm

rns6006
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2011, 01:27:07 AM »

Ok.. Bill validator is working. however when you put cash in the hopper try's to spit it back out in nickels. I assume the game chip is the problem.
I have a sp 1271 10 mhz. Anybody got another one?. Seems to have a decent pay rate... Reel chip seems to be working fine..
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2011, 01:50:02 AM »

Ok.. Bill validator is working. however when you put cash in the hopper try's to spit it back out in nickels. I assume the game chip is the problem.
I have a sp 1271 10 mhz. Anybody got another one?. Seems to have a decent pay rate... Reel chip seems to be working fine..

Here is the PSR for 1271

The settings you want to change are
Bill Acceptor Pay Mode <0> [8]  (set to 1 if you want bills to always go to credit)

and
Credit Mode <0> [5] (set to 0 if you always want wins to go to credit)

Make sure there are no credits on the machine before trying to change it.

BTW, the % is in the reel chip and not the game (SP1271) chip.

* SP1271.doc (95 KB - downloaded 114 times.)
rns6006
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2011, 02:02:11 AM »

Thats what I needed. Thank you.. I thought the game chip controlled all of that part of the payout. Dont have a manual for any of My games. The Easy sterrt and the Game king have screen menues that are fairly easy to figure out. The s+ and the Sigma Treasure wheel dont...
poppo

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2011, 02:10:02 AM »

If memory serves me right, press the self test button 3 times and it should get you to the <0> [5] option. You will have 5_x in the win meter and 0 in the coins played. Press the spin button to change the x to 0. Then turn the reset key until you get to the  <0> [8] option. Again, 8_x in the win meter and 0 in the coins played. Press the spin button to change it to 8_1 and then press the self test button a few times to save the settings. Close the door and all should be well.
rns6006
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2011, 09:02:02 PM »

Still having problems, cant seem to get to the settings that I need to get to. When I push the test button, first push= 0 in credit window.
second =2 in win, 1 in cr, 0 in coin. third= 101 in win, 1 in coin. for the heck.. fourth =10 in win, 2 in coin. nothing is changable until the third.
 Everything else works perfect. When I put a twenty in, I get 400 nickels back out. the reels work great.    Ideas.??????????
poppo

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2011, 09:12:34 PM »

Still having problems, cant seem to get to the settings that I need to get to. When I push the test button, first push= 0 in credit window.
second =2 in win, 1 in cr, 0 in coin. third= 101 in win, 1 in coin. for the heck.. fourth =10 in win, 2 in coin. nothing is changable until the third.
 Everything else works perfect. When I put a twenty in, I get 400 nickels back out. the reels work great.    Ideas.??????????

Hmmm... Ok, on the second press (before you get the 1 in the coins played), try turning the jackpot key. What you want to do is cycle though the page <0> options. You use the reset key for that once you use the self test  button to get to that point. Usually it is the third press for me and I see 5_x in the win. But I have not used a 1271 in a while. Once you start turning the reset key, the options will follow the order listed in the PSR.
rns6006
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2011, 09:22:01 PM »

Geting on it now. Thank you again. write back in a bit and let ya know what happened.
rns6006
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2011, 09:33:35 PM »

You are a frigin Genius.... Every thing works perfect... Thank you soooo much..I'll put a pic in ina fiew minutes... Thanks again Poppo.
rns6006
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2011, 09:47:18 PM »

Credits in the credit window, all good... Only one more project for this machine. I need to follow the thread for quieting the reels, then this machine will be in excelent shape. Still fun to play on as is....

* SDC19460.JPG (1641.71 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 248 times.)
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2011, 09:59:14 PM »

Congratulations

...on getting it set up how you want it.  K+ to you and poppo for helping you.

rns6006
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2011, 10:20:03 PM »

Im sure I got a little onfo from from darn near all of you guys but extra thanks to,  Poppo, Coors light 115, Bunker, Stat freak, and Knagl.... It works..... I so happy.!!!! try to do something nice for this web site this week end. You know the drill,... I get payed Friday....
rns6006
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2011, 10:20:49 PM »

Darn... Forgot Tilt.... Sorry
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2011, 10:36:18 PM »

try to do something nice for this web site this week end. You know the drill,... I get payed Friday....

That's great to hear!  applause

Now is an excellent time to donate to the site, too, thanks to Jim from Bettor Slots.  There's a raffle that will take place next month, and a $25 donation will get you an entry into the raffle (and will get you a nifty green "Contributing Member" badge under your name, too).  Click here for all of the details.

Brianzz

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2011, 10:43:57 PM »

And replace that tacky top award sticker with a 15,000 one  Nerd
Tilt
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 366

« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2011, 11:01:05 PM »

Congratulations on getting it going again!  applause applause
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.