Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 06:02:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  S2000 "coin-in jam" error-Problem Solved
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S2000 "coin-in jam" error-Problem Solved  (Read 10294 times)
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2011, 02:34:06 AM »

I don't understand what is accomplished by replacing the meters with 270 ohm resistors?? to correct the meter disconnect tilt. the only thing that has anything to do with that circuit is pin 9 and 10. pin 10 is bground, it goes thru a trace on the meter board and that trace is connected to pin 9, so when the board is plugged in ,the ground goes to pin 9 and onto the cabinet I/O basically telling the I/O board that the board is plugged in, when you unplug the board,the ground is removed  from the circuit and the I/O informs the CPU the the board is disconnected.

That board is powered by +25vdc on pin 7.  there are 1N4002 diodes that went across the meter coils, perhaps one of these shorted and put +25vdc to the meter circuits that also go back to the lower cabinet I/O????

I would think that if any voltage in the power supply is bad it would be the +25vdc.   this power supply only supplies two voltages to operate this machine, 13vdc and 25 vdc,   no AC voltages come out of the supply.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2011, 02:43:43 AM »

That's true and a good point. I haven't checked the diodes on the meter board to see if there bad, It would take a lot more than 25v dc to burn up a 1 watt resistor though I would think, but if I had a shorted rectifier diode in the power supply couldn't that send an AC ripple through the circuit and cause the damage? Cabinet IO is fine. It's just the door IO(s) and meter board that are bad
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2011, 03:55:34 AM »

That is a Switching Power Supply so the AC ripple would be higher frequency than 60Hz.
More likely in the mid to treble audio frequency range.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.