Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:09:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  **Video Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  Unknown manufacturer (my fault) - need help clearing coin jam error
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Unknown manufacturer (my fault) - need help clearing coin jam error  (Read 16675 times)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2011, 11:31:53 AM »

I'm glad you booted up okay Capt.
I rotated the photo of the door I/O board so our members can see the numbers a little easier>>>

* IO board numbers.png (846.3 KB, 653x668 - viewed 264 times.)
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2011, 12:05:30 PM »

II believe that part # is for the metal frame, the board # is actually on the board. Common ones end in 7801 for single row player panels and 7802 for 2 row panels
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2011, 12:21:26 PM »

I would tend to agree with you cowboy because when I first saw that "1921-B" -
I thought of my MPU board having that same label on it.  yes
modessitt
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2011, 02:35:05 PM »

I think this is called a IO board, but like I said it's nothing like a S 2000.

I guess I will break my own rule again.  why don't we look at what went down. modessitt messed with the monitor ( that didn't cause a coin error ) he messed with the key and cash out button, that didn't cause a coin error because the hopper went ahead and paid out to it's hopper limit. Then repaired a bad wire at the door. Then for some unexplained reason he removed the coin comparator, most likely with the power on.  BINGO  "coin error."    I think most of us have heard of stacked errors on a S2000 and Game King, sometimes you will be supprised what happens if you open and close the door latch a few times. ( I call it masterbating the door latch )( If the machine begins to grin at you, better STOP)  If the door latch doesn't clear the error. use a Key 040 to clear and key the machine.

The only problem with your scenario is that I got the "coin in jam" error BEFORE I ever touched the comparator.  I played some credits, then pulled the hopper looking for the power switch.  Not seeing it at first, I unplugged the main plug.  Then I saw the power switch, turned it off, replaced the main plug, replaced the hopper, pulled the monitor and adjusted the focus (did it a few times, powering it up and down as I went along).  Once the focus was right, it powered up with the coin jam error. After that, I started messing with the comparator and looking at the wiring by the door latch lever.  Possibly I need a Key40 clear.  Couldn't tell you.  I'd have to get one, as I don't have one now.

And my pictures look like what you have on your post.  I do not have any I/O boards mounted on the door...
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2011, 02:39:05 PM »

The error actually has nothing to do with anything being wrong with your coin handling equipment most likely. I'm betting you shorted something that killed a board and the error you're getting is just how the problem presents itself. I pushed the service button on mine and shorted something to get that error message
modessitt

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2011, 04:23:57 PM »

Wonderful.  Would the shorted out part be on that I/O board mounted under the monitor?  If so, I'll pull it and check for shorts.  Hopefully the part in question isn't one of those ones that are hard to get...
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2011, 04:38:27 PM »

Nothing is hard to get...all you need is $$$
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2011, 06:32:36 PM »

Everything you've said so far indicates an IO board problem. They're not real repair friendly either, you might try to find out the number on the board and take one with you.
modessitt

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2011, 11:35:11 AM »

HAHAHA!  You assume I have this stuff available.  We're not really a slot repair company.  We fix arcades, pinballs, and jukeboxes usually, and I try to fix slots for people who call us out for other games.  Just last week I fixed an old Mills Vest Pocket.

So far I've been able to fix all the ones I've messed with, but I usually have to track down parts and wait for them to come in.

I'm going out there today to do a clear and set on an IGT Reel slot that I changed the battery on (had to wait on the chips).  I'll look over some more stuff, then pull the I/O board and bring it back to the shop to check out.  Considering that none of my buttons registered during the I/O test in Diagnostics, it's most likely an issue with the I/O board, probably caused by the wire I found pinched...
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2011, 11:59:46 AM »

I think you're on the right track, just recall you saying it was like an hour drive each way, trying to maybe save you another trip is all yes
modessitt

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2011, 04:43:52 PM »

Well, guess what?

I get out there and find it working just fine.  Apparently after I left it off all day, they turned it back on and it is working just fine.  No more errors.  So, I replaced some bad fluorescents (they should have made it easier to replace that bottom door bulb so it's not required to pull the coin plate to get it out) and it's now working just fine.

The memory clear in the IGT S+ went okay, as did the Set for the DBV.  All 3 slots they have are now working fine and have all the bulbs working.

Anyways, thanks for everyone's help...
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2011, 12:09:04 AM »

to change the belly glass bulb.
If no locks on the machine
1 close the main door, it is easier that way.
1 place hand in front of the belly door.
2 pull out on the knurled latch that is in front of the main latch.
3 the belly door should swing down. It may be stubborn.
4 remove the one screw at the right end of the lamp bracket lift out and replace bulb.
5 reassemble and close belly door.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2011, 12:30:03 AM »

hmm...some older S+'s do not have a belly drop door.
I hate changing those bulbs.
The easier way I've found was to carefully unscrew the fluorescent out of the sockets,
partly close the door so the door retaining wire is drooping a bit,
and pull it out on an angle by the door hinges.
There's is no need to take apart the coin mech bracket this way.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.