Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:59:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Homebrew Player Tracking and EFT Systems.
| |-+  NLG Homebrew Player Tracking and EFT Systems.
| | |-+  Yeah , got my tTITO working
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Yeah , got my tTITO working  (Read 27480 times)
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2011, 05:48:56 PM »

I havent figured ou the maastercom to mastercom server comunications yet.
IF the mastercom is not connected to the S2000 then it would be harder to figure out the communications to a server.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
zarobhr
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 178

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2011, 05:53:50 PM »

aw ok, all i know it appears to use rs422 but since i dont have that on pc yet i am lost. i do think that the mastercomm takes care of all the sas commands and talks to the back end in a different protocol

have you gotten any type of connection from MC250 to a pc yet?
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2011, 06:56:09 PM »

Nope havent gotten that far.
The default communication setting when a machine is cleared
SAS is on channel 1 (If I remember right) which is the fiber optics port.
Bally Mastercom is channel 3 and there are 2 protocols available.

When I do tackle this I will see if the S+ DCS TTL to RS232 interface I built still functions and will reconfigure SAS to channel 2 (DCS port on the S2000 motherboard)
I say this because right before I sold my S+ it quit communicating via SAS.

AndyP
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 127

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2011, 11:06:16 PM »

Hey zarobhr, what was the issue you had with the DLL? Let me know what is wrong with the extended validation stuff and I will see if I can make a few quick changes to it.

StatFreak. Ms-sql express edition is free http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/en/us/editions/express.aspx. Its a lot more robust that that mysql and its not a resource hog. ms-sql is probably one of the best databases available these days. Best part about using it with c# is that it all integrates really well and is easy to use.

In fact, all microsoft dev tools can now be had for free: http://www.microsoft.com/express
AndyP

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2011, 11:06:56 PM »

Just need to get that SAS game simulator now and I will be able to do some more work!
zarobhr

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2011, 11:24:06 PM »

Hey zarobhr, what was the issue you had with the DLL? Let me know what is wrong with the extended validation stuff and I will see if I can make a few quick changes to it.

StatFreak. Ms-sql express edition is free http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/en/us/editions/express.aspx. Its a lot more robust that that mysql and its not a resource hog. ms-sql is probably one of the best databases available these days. Best part about using it with c# is that it all integrates really well and is easy to use.

In fact, all microsoft dev tools can now be had for free: http://www.microsoft.com/express

i dont remember now. since uyour dll had timing issues with the tibbo ethernet to serial adaptors i am using i had to write everything from scratch, so i am not usiing your dll anymore
AndyP

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2011, 11:31:11 PM »

and are you using one serial port per machine, or are you attempting to multidrop?
zarobhr

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2011, 09:01:44 AM »

and are you using one serial port per machine, or are you attempting to multidrop?
one per machine. the tibbo device has 3 serial ports per converter adn have 12 machines connected
i dont think i can multidrop with out going fiber or (i forget which) rs422 or rs485
AndyP

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2011, 10:00:21 AM »

cool. my dll was designed for multidrop, and thats the tricky part. Might just go back to single machine per port for now and get all the features working then attempt multidrop.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2011, 11:09:02 PM »

RS485 and it is not that hard to implement.

RS485 allows each node to transmit or receive.

RS422 is one transmitter and multiple receivers.

zarobhr

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2011, 09:00:14 AM »

RS485 and it is not that hard to implement.

RS485 allows each node to transmit or receive.

RS422 is one transmitter and multiple receivers.
thats rs 485 it is then, is there a rs485 port on igt machines or would i need a converter from the rs232 to rs485

Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2011, 10:54:08 PM »

The I960 platform has them.
I think they they use 4 wire + the ground/shield so they can do full duplex
it is J81 on the comm board and the driver/receiver IC's are LTC491
Also looks like they use over voltage protection there are 2 zener diodes per connection 6.8V and 12V

AndyP

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2011, 01:41:52 AM »

you can actually multidrop rs232 by daisy chaining, ie tx from pc to rx of machine 1, tx of machine 1 to rx of machine 2, tx of machine 2 to rx of PC. Since SAS is addressable it can be done that way.
zarobhr

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2011, 09:15:13 AM »

you can actually multidrop rs232 by daisy chaining, ie tx from pc to rx of machine 1, tx of machine 1 to rx of machine 2, tx of machine 2 to rx of PC. Since SAS is addressable it can be done that way.
could be wrong but issue with that way is that if one machine goes down then they all go down.
if i get time today i am going to see if i can get this method to work.
i brain is not think this early  so was wandering this

if pc sends something to machine 2 and its tx is on machine one, does machine 1 resend it out to machine 2
AndyP

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2011, 09:55:00 AM »

could be wrong but issue with that way is that if one machine goes down then they all go down.
if i get time today i am going to see if i can get this method to work.
i brain is not think this early  so was wandering this

if pc sends something to machine 2 and its tx is on machine one, does machine 1 resend it out to machine 2

Yup, thats the way it works. Loop down we call it in the industry when the line is broken!

The rs232 needs to 'pass through' regardless. Look at any fibre optic board in a slot machine, the principle is the same. The data is fed from rx to tx, and machine tx is 'or'ed into the loop.
westec1

Total Karma Storms: 36

« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2011, 11:54:26 AM »

Has anyone got the SAS to work on WMS machines

Wes

Wes propeller
SLOTMAN
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 34

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2011, 12:20:20 PM »

If I can be of any assistance let me know.  I have access to any type of adapter / converter / fiber or R232/485/422/TTL.  I can only do SC or ST in the fiber though.  I just know industry standard (BICSI, TIA/EIA).  Once it hits a machine I am clueless as far as the SAS protocol.  Before anyone starts dropping money on fiber converters let me test the theory  I would be happy to setup any type of "bench test" on my machines.
TZtech

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2011, 01:14:01 PM »

Wes - Assuming its for Bluebirds have a look at this thread. Dont know if anyone has had any luck on the 550 platform.
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=11885.15
westec1

Total Karma Storms: 36

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2011, 01:50:56 PM »

Thanks, Ian

I'll check it out

Wes

Wes propeller
zarobhr

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2011, 02:08:50 PM »

hmm last response didnt work.

i trid the daisy chaining of rs232 and it did not appear to work. i daisy chained 3 machines together. and changed the sas address for those machines

anything that i transmitted from the pc was only recieved by the first gaming machine in the loop
likewise anything transmitted from machines, the pc only saw what was transmitted by the last machine in loop

i would actually like to explore the rs485 option though, i dont like the idea of all  machines going down if one is powered off.
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2011, 02:51:33 PM »

one per machine. the tibbo device has 3 serial ports per converter adn have 12 machines connected
i dont think i can multidrop with out going fiber or (i forget which) rs422 or rs485

I've always said that single RS232 to each machine would be the easiest to implement. And for a home environment, it just seems to make the most sense.
poppo

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2011, 03:01:12 PM »

i trid the daisy chaining of rs232 and it did not appear to work. i daisy chained 3 machines together. and changed the sas address for those machines

anything that i transmitted from the pc was only recieved by the first gaming machine in the loop
likewise anything transmitted from machines, the pc only saw what was transmitted by the last machine in loop

At least the way RS232 is implemented on a S+, daisy chaining won't work. Not sure how it is on a S2000, but I expect it would be pretty much the same and TX is not passed to RX. What you saw is what would be expected.
zarobhr

« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2011, 03:05:40 PM »

At least the way RS232 is implemented on a S+, daisy chaining won't work. Not sure how it is on a S2000, but I expect it would be pretty much the same and TX is not passed to RX. What you saw is what would be expected.
i did not expect it to work, but figured i would try. rs232 is a point to point and is not designed for multidrop or multipoint.

poppo

« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2011, 03:19:57 PM »

i did not expect it to work, but figured i would try. rs232 is a point to point and is not designed for multidrop or multipoint.

In theory it 'could' work if the machine retransmitted whatever data it received, but even that could become an issue because each machine would need to retransmit (via software) whatever came previously. So in other words each machine down the line becomes more bogged down having to filter and retransmit not just the incoming SAS commands, but also the replies from the previous machines. And as you said, if one machine goes down, everything is dead.
zarobhr

« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2011, 03:33:15 PM »

Well i ordered an tibbo ethernet to rs485 converter so i can test with it next week
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.