Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 04:25:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  WMS Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Help with Magic Lamp- Fail LED
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help with Magic Lamp- Fail LED  (Read 15573 times)
Queentoad
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2011, 03:06:07 PM »

My dot comes on for about 45 sec and says Williams gaming then gos blank. My display (credit win bet) never comes on at all.
Queentoad

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2011, 03:10:25 PM »

I have no sound at start up. No bongs at all.
dale
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 60

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2011, 03:14:19 PM »

From the manual: No start up bongs

disconnected speaker ( check wire connections)

sound circuit problem ( Replace IO board)
Queentoad

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2011, 03:16:39 PM »

Well I just put in new io board so I'll run through speaker cables. I'll also run through power supply agin and just double check the Ideas you told me.
dale
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 60

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2011, 03:28:47 PM »

I just really have to go with boards or one of the power supplies. This has been my experience.
Queentoad

« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2011, 05:41:46 PM »

I'm gonna try em out and make sure on the power source and wire harness and I'll let you know the outcome
Queentoad

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2011, 05:43:04 PM »

If anyone else has any more thoughts I'd really like to hear them. Thank you all!!  applause
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2011, 11:01:20 PM »

I checked the power supply and it's putting out the right amount of power. The upper display comes on at start up and says Williams like its booting up but then his blank.

For what it's worth, that would indicate that your upper (Dotmation) power supply is working properly.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2011, 11:10:38 PM »

I don't think it's the display cause when I power it up the top display says Williams gaming but then after about 45 sec it goes blank.

I would leave the top box alone for now and concentrate on the lower part of the machine.

What happens during those 45 seconds?
Are you seeing a message checking the ROM versions etc. or is it just sitting there displaying the initial Wms logo the entire time?

Make sure that the DIP switch settings on the switches near the jurisdiction jumpers match your old board as well, not just the (empty) soldered connections.

It's possible that the cause could also be corrupted software chips on the main board (not the dot) or corrupted CMOS and/or EEPROM data.
I would double check the jumpers for the sound chips as Paul suggested – since the machine won't boot if they're wrong – and then try a clear.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Queentoad

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2011, 12:06:05 AM »

How do you do a clear? Also where else would jumpers be?
tollguy316
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 226

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2011, 01:04:13 AM »

I'm going to say lower power supply. To eliminate alot of possibilities; Perhaps you could send the 3 top box chips and your 2 boards to an NLG member to test on their machine.  Where are you located ( you should probably fill out your profile)....  Per your initial problem of the hopper running ( it was the I/O board.....  almost always is)....  Your current  issue could be software related, CPU board, upper or lower ps ( I'm going with lower).    Bill
Queentoad

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2011, 02:23:06 AM »

I will get the exact thing it says during its 45 sec  before it goes blank. I'm in Modesto ca.
Queentoad

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2011, 08:35:08 PM »

Any one know of a place I can get a video or something on how to change out a lower power supply on my Williams magic lamp machine?? I know you can use a power supply out of a computer but I don't know how to wire it. Any help would be awesome.
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2011, 08:40:04 PM »

Any one know of a place I can get a video or something on how to change out a lower power supply on my Williams magic lamp machine?? I know you can use a power supply out of a computer but I don't know how to wire it. Any help would be awesome.

There's not a video, but if you look at the stickied topics at the top of this category, there are two posts that show in detail with pictures how you can replace your lower power supply.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Queentoad

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2011, 10:39:09 PM »

I went through the power supply agin and it all tested fine except for the orange wire was at +1 and I think it's supposed to be +5.  Anyone know if that's correct and if that could be my prob??
Queentoad

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2012, 02:29:14 AM »

Was just posting to say thanx to all who helped me. Toll guy is the man and got my machine going back from the dead. Thank you all!!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.