Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:24:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Double Diamond fuse help needed
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Double Diamond fuse help needed  (Read 28866 times)
jakekelly937
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 25

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2012, 05:29:19 PM »

the wheels quit spinning but there is still a 1 in the winner paid and coins fall straight through
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2012, 05:35:41 PM »

coins fall straight through to the tray or the hopper ??

Are you using the same size coin that is in the coin compraitor as a sample coin ??

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
jakekelly937
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2012, 05:39:22 PM »

coins inserted (quarters) fall straight through to the tray. And quarter is the coin in the coin comparitor.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2012, 06:08:38 PM »

FIRST OFF  lets start over from the begining. when you were at this ladys' house ,did everything work on the machine, did it accept coins, spin, payoff to credits or from the hopper?  did the bill acceptor work?  what lamps came on, 25 cent denom. lamp, insert coin, yellow back lit bill acceptor, did the handle work?

turn off the power,  turn the power back on and observe what happens.then close and latch the door closed and observe what happens.

Jim 

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
jakekelly937
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2012, 06:16:43 PM »

When I arrived i asked her to plug it in.  I inserted a quarter and used the handle, wheels spun heard sound, not a winner.  I inserted a 1$ bill and it registered credits. i played 3 credits by using the button, hit a winner that paid more than the hopper had in it.  she said when i got home i would need to put enough money in the hopper to pay that winner.  the lights worked, the handle worked, i thought everything was working fine.

when i power it on now, the bill acceptor cycles, insert coin blinks, and after 5 seconds or so a "1" is in the winner paid window.  when i insert a quarter they fall straight through to the tray.
jakekelly937
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2012, 06:19:36 PM »

the change, cash, bet 1, spin, play 3 credits, are not lit
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2012, 06:39:04 PM »

have you checked the other two fuses?   if they are good, close the door and latch it in the down position, this is to ensure that the door optics align and act as a reset to the machine.  turn the jackpot reset switch and observe what happens, most changes will be on the displays, they should in effect increase each time you turn the key.  at some point the displays' will go out and then come back on as a number in the winner paid window. either seven or thirteen  turns.

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
jakekelly937
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2012, 06:46:31 PM »

when i shut and latch the door, nothing changes. no sounds or changes in the display.  same thing when i turn the key.  the number stays at 1 and nothing happens
jakekelly937
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2012, 06:48:11 PM »

the other 2 fuses are fine
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2012, 06:58:19 PM »

What bothers me though is that you turn the reset key
and the machine doesn't go into the "Accounting mode"

You don't need door optics to get into the accounting mode.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2012, 07:05:08 PM »

does anything change when you press the white test button (near the power on/off switch)?   I would go back and make sure all the plugs are seated on the motherboard and there are no bent pins on the main logic board.

jakekelly937
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2012, 07:10:11 PM »

nothing at all.  I'm gonna go back and check all my connections.  i took some pics just in case something sticks out to you.

* IMG_0180.JPG (105 KB, 640x480 - viewed 186 times.)

* IMG_0179.JPG (86.3 KB, 640x480 - viewed 168 times.)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2012, 07:16:13 PM »

Jim  Remember one time I had this problem with a 5 reel S+, and you fixed me up.  If he had the plugs off the mother board, two are the same and can be switched.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2012, 07:19:18 PM »

that would just take out the displays, the rest of the machine should work.

do you have the 25 denom. lamp lit? swap with the others .  are the reels locked into place? or do they free wheel?

jakekelly937
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2012, 07:23:02 PM »

the reels are locked and the.25 is lit, i unplugged everything and plugged it back in with the same results
jakekelly937
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2012, 07:31:51 PM »

ok this time when i put the hopper back in it gives me the 3100 error and wheels started spinning
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2012, 07:46:05 PM »

anytime you get an error with this machine you have to close the door in order to clear it,

what exactly happened to this machine from the time you left the ladys' home til' yours. did you lay it down for transport?  were there coins in the hopper?  if so, did they get behind the cover ?   this is a very durable machine, its just hard to imagine how it could go from a working state to what you have now, and no reason for it. anything you could help with would be huge.

I feel all the power is good,  if you could clear the 3100 code we should be able to get into the diagnostics.

jakekelly937
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2012, 07:50:35 PM »

i did lay it on its back and transported it in my truck, halfway sticking out.  it was tied down good.  probably not a great idea, but i did it.  i removed the coin hopper, bill acceptor and tray to lighten the heavy side during transport.  i can get in the diagnostics now.
jakekelly937
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2012, 07:53:54 PM »

the light on top was getting bent so i dissassembled it.  it is still disassembled but i disconnected it from the machine.  I really do appreciate the help.  I want to help you anyway i can.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2012, 08:19:06 PM »

next check to see if the dollar bill cash box switch has been bypassed. you should see signs of it when you open the cash box door on the right hand side, two green wires should be tied together. if you can get into the diagnostics,  push the button until you can get a 10_1 in the winners paid window.  advance this (by using the jackpot key switch or the change button) this depends on what sp chip  is in the machine.   advance it until it reads 13_1,  close the door and latch the 1 should toggle to a zero and continue doing that.  if that works,  then you should be able to continue pressing the white test button and test all functions of the machine.  each number in the coins played window and a corresponding number in the winners paid window indicate a new test. 

jakekelly937
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2012, 10:43:52 PM »

I tied the 2 wires together in the bill acceptor box, it didn't change anything.  I talked to the people again that sold it to me and they didn't have to do anything to it, all the damage was done when i transported it.  The strange thing to me is after i got it home it paid the last jackpot and made one last spin before the problems started.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2012, 10:49:47 PM »

Have you tried turning the machine on with the hopper unplugged? Or better yet, disconnect the leads from the hopper motor and try it. Maybe you have a bad motor pulling the power supply down
jakekelly937
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2012, 11:11:35 PM »

I turned the machine off, removed the hopper, disconnected both leads to the hopper, restarted and same thing: winner paid 1, insert coin flashing, .25 lit, and 0 credits.  Turning key does nothing.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2012, 05:02:23 AM »

Aside from the fact that turning the key does nothing, it nearly sounds like the machine is simply waiting for a coin to be inserted.  Did the bill acceptor work, and does it now?  Does the machine attempt to accept a bill?

Where are you located?  You may be in someone's backyard who can help you in person, but you haven't indicated your location in your profile.   propeller

Also, I just want to clear a couple of other things up:

- Is the plug that was causing the fuse to blow unhooked from the motherboard, or do you just have the wires disconnected from the solenoid.  For some reason I'm thinkng that the wiring to the jackpot reset keyswitch may also be in that harness, but I could be wrong and I don't have any schematics handy.

- Is the dollar bill stacker box ("cash can") firmly inserted into the machine, and is the cash box door still firmly closed?

- To be clear, when you close and fully latch the door, you're saying that there is absolutely no change on the display at all?  When you push the latch down, the display should go blank for about 3 seconds, then return to its idle display.  Does the display go blank at all when you close the door, even for just a few seconds?

- For kicks, can you please remove and re-insert the quarter that is in the coin comparator on the backside of the main door?  Slide the piece to the right, then re-seat the quarter in there, making sure that the slide piece gets it nice and centered and seated correctly.  It's possible that the sample coin came loose during transit, which would cause all coins to be rejected.

- Finally, and I hate to say it, but it's possible that something else fried when you had a short in your machine.  On the plus side, there really isn't too much to an S+ -- just the motherboard and the removable MPU board, and both of those boards aren't terribly expensive, so even if you do wind up having to replace one or both boards, it won't set you back too much.  There's some other troubleshooting to be done, however, before we get to that point.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 05:14:01 AM by knagl » Logged

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
jakekelly937
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2012, 02:38:01 PM »

Hi, and Thanks.

The only time i can get the key to do anything is when the machine shows a 3100 error.  it allows me to cycle through the bookkeeping.
The bill acceptor did work.  Now, it cycles and when complete it does not accept a bill.

I updated my profile, I'm near Waco Texas.

The handle solenoid was causing the short, i simply disconnected the 2 pin connector to it.
The cash box is firmly inserted and the lock handle is pushed all the way down.

When I close the door, absolutely nothing changes, not even for a second.

checked all my connections again, and it now gives a 3100 error that i cant get rid of
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.