Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:44:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  NLG Members who host their own Repair Logs of Various Games.
| |-+  RickHunters Computer Help 101 (Moderator: rickhunter)
| | |-+  Virus Email
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Virus Email  (Read 21111 times)
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2012, 02:39:49 AM »

Hey there folks,

Just wanted to say that it is nice that you are sharing your tricks to deal with all of this stuff... I am going to throw around some  +1 (Karma, or whatever) 's to all you guys here!  lightning bolt KARMA STORM lightning bolt Clap What a great FAMILY we have here! Clap Hail Clap

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy
NLG ADMINISTRATOR

P.S. hey there TJ, good to see ya!

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2012, 03:43:30 AM »

I am going to use all those helpful links TJ!
Thank you so very much for sharing with us!
Karma galore to you!  applause Hail

Poppo was right about something, I never add more than one other email address
when sending an email to someone I know.
Multiple addresses should pop up a RED FLAG!!!

It is so frustrating when something like this happens.
I've always been very careful not to open up anything suspicious and I think TJ nailed the source right on the button.
I opened up a couple of Facebook stories and when I did - I thought it was very unusual to see the way they opened.
I can't describe it but I opened another story last Friday around lunchtime and all these new spam junk went out to everybody at around 5:26 or 5:27 EST.

Another friend of mine but not an NLG member, was getting "strange" email's from me but he stopped it by clicking on the "My Friend's Email is Hijacked!" button in the dialog box...I think it stopped that one but the Facebook story I clicked on might of started a new round of spam junk mails.

Again, thanks to all that didn't open or click on the link and I'm very , very sorry some of you clicked on that PHP link.
Usually when I send someone on NLG an email - they know ahead of time because I try to tell them via the NLG PM messaging thingy.

PS Capt...I pushed your karma to 600!  yes
I'm giving everyone else a karma everyday for putting up with me.
I hope the other's survived but they're not posting!
I hope their computer's are okay! bawling
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 04:01:53 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.