Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:37:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Reel 2 Tilt Problem
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reel 2 Tilt Problem  (Read 33812 times)
John0813
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 4

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2012, 03:07:13 PM »

I tried a jumper...it did not work....

I did a RAM Clear...reset the options...now the machine starts like it is suppose to...Credit equals .05, insert 45 credits...all 5 reels spin.. etc....and then the error messages reappear...call attendant...Reel 2 tilt...etc.....nothing happens...I open and close the door...everything repeats...

What did I miss...???
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2012, 05:03:01 PM »

Open the door and turn the jackpot key, close door and see what happens.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
John0813

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2012, 06:04:31 PM »

I did that about 100 times...nothing....

I did a full clear with a clear chip 097 and key 17.  The spinning stopped...but still I get error messages...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 09:20:17 AM by John0813 » Logged
John0813

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2012, 09:26:44 AM »

I did a full clear with a clear chip 097 and key 17.  The spinning stopped...but still I get error messages...

Here is a video of the problem..

http://youtu.be/iFBOd_Ph2HM
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 10:07:45 AM by John0813 » Logged
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2012, 11:02:34 AM »

Open door
Turn jackpot reset key
Close door
Let reels spin, it should be ready this time

Are you sure that reel 2 is not rubbing against the door or something on the rear side of it.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
John0813

« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2012, 11:16:39 AM »

No change....Just tried it again...removed and reset reels...it operates just like the video I put on youtube..see above post.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2012, 12:04:39 PM »

I've read this entire thread.
It sounds like you've been swapping the reels and re-seating them.
That shows that the reels themselves,  are fine.
Those are all good things to try because you keep getting specifically, the 2nd reel position to show a tilt error.

Everything you've tried so far seems to point to that 2nd reel connector 
since you've tried other reels in it's 2nd position on the reel shelf.

That would lead me to a few things to check out...>>>

1). The pins in the Molex connector on that 5 reel harness.
Make sure none of them are pushed back into the rear of the Molex housing in such a way that
there's no longer any contact with the reel connector pins.

2). A bad MPU IC component directly related to the 2nd reel.

3). A possible bad reel driver board that's located on the back wall of the cabinet behind the reel tray,
connected into the reel harness.
Please thoroughly inspect  Sherlock Smiley and check all wiring and pins from the reels to that reel driver board.

4). A possible bent pin either in the MPU connector, the motherboard (backplane) board reel harness connector
or a bad trace on the motherboard.

Basically, this sounds like a physical problem with continuity to that 2nd reel either with a harness pin
or an IC component gone bad.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:11:46 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2012, 12:18:15 PM »

Bunker, those are all great ideas except for the one about the reel driver board. S2000's don't use a reel driver board. That's the light control board on the back wall of the cabinet and working or not it should have no effect on reel spin operation as far as causing the same reel error each time it is turned on. Maybe random errors if it was shorted out, but being reel specific makes me think the problem lies elsewhere. Of that board is working, all reel backlights should turn on briefly after power is turned on while the machine tests all periferals as part of the game initialization process
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2012, 12:21:48 PM »

Dang!  Duh! Good catch Cowboy!
I didn't fully finish my coffee yet!  rotflmao
I forgot that small board was the reel backlighting driver board...!!!

I wonder if all his reel lights are in the "dim" mode when in a waiting state or idle mode?
Or do they turn off completely when in an error state?

I wish I had my machine next to me....I'd purposefully create a reel error by
physically moving a different reel basket to see if I get a different reel error.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 05:39:53 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2012, 12:49:45 PM »

Of course to eliminate the backlighting as an issue he can simply unplug the backlight plug from the front of the cabinet IO card and try a restart. The thing to keep in mind here is that any interruption of the start sequence will cause a reel tilt error even though the interrupting item may not show up on the VFD display. I had a similar problem with my Money Mad Martians and it turned out to be misaligned door optics, but the door open error never showed up on the VFD, just a reel tilt error and most commonly it was reel 2. I did the bypass on the optics and never had the problem again. Not to say this is his problem, just quantifying my suggestions here with background experiences
John0813

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2012, 01:10:20 PM »

Here is another video...I do not know if it will help?

http://youtu.be/-JzqOoO8uBM
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2012, 01:29:15 PM »

The machine looks like it spins reels properly and they all stop.
Have you checked the reels closely
Make sure they fully seated on the shafts seeing that are narrower reels the tabs that pass through the optics may even be shorter than the ones on reels for 3/4 reel games.
Nothing in the optics
The fins or tabs that pass through the optics are intact and match another reel.

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2012, 01:29:37 PM »

Have you tried disabling the BV in the menus and unplugging all wiring going to it? After this is done and the game is restarted it will go through a netplex configure and eliminate the BV from memory. Where your problem originates with emptying the cash can and you've gone through all the wiring for bad connections this would definitively eliminate the BV as the problem for reasons such as a bad cashbox door switch or a bad sensor at the back of the cashbox housing. It's a little time consumming of course, but you've lost a lot of time on this problem already so what's a little more? This site is great for information, but obviously it's difficult sometimes to talk someone through a problem over the internet or even the phone. Where we can't be eyes on with the machine all we can do is offer possible solutions and you're gonna have to be willing to take the time to try them. The goal here of course is to get the machine working regardless of the time involved doing so
John0813

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2012, 01:48:07 PM »

I agree and appreciate all the help...
John0813

« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2012, 09:44:12 AM »

Updated info....

I disabled the BV.......nothing
I re-swapped the reels...nothing
I removed the hopper-checked for loose wires.....nothing
I reinstalled the cash box...nothing
I replaced..again..the optics on the door and inside of the machine...nothing...
I used the reset key numerous times when the reel are spinning...door open...nothing...

I read another post about bypassing the door optics...any opinions..

Today....I will try replaced the MPU...
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2012, 01:25:28 PM »

You do not need to bypass the door optics as they are working fine.

When you replace the MPU, make sure the eproms are carefully inserted
and no pins are folded underneath the chip bodies in their respective chip sockets.
Of course, make sure they are installed in the correct direction.

You will see some messages on the VFD display when you power up.
No problem...
Report back when you install the new MPU !
John0813

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2012, 08:12:47 PM »

Update....

The switch on the belly glass is not connected...no pins in the reel plugs appear to be bent...did a RAM clear on the old Board again..the tilt message still reappears after everything else is set-up.  Tried the replacement board...what a mess.!!!..after I transferred the chips and installed it into the machine..I could not clear the RAM error message...then it started switching from RAM error to Call Attendant...then dots appeared on the bottom of the winner paid, credits, and total bets windows...when I put in the clear chip... only one light on the board lite instead of the top two....the vision screen kept on trying to initialized but nothing happened...returned to the old board and the old error messages happened again....

Any other ideas are welcomed.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2012, 08:23:00 PM »

Which clear chip are you using?
John0813

« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2012, 09:02:26 PM »

Clear Chip 0097 then Chip17...
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2012, 09:12:25 PM »

The clear 97 should be fine, but I'd of thought you'd need a key 31 or 45 on a vision game. I couldn't get a 17 to work on my Double Diamond Run. Be that as it may, it sounds like you've run a clear chip before and understand that it can take a minute for both lights to come on when you use it so we won't go there. And the key chip settings must be working or you'd be getting machine type errors and denom errors before it ever got to the reel errors. When you put the chips on the new board before installation, which chips did you transfer from the old board to the new one?
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2012, 09:53:02 PM »

Clear 97 Key 17

I would only swap the mpu, correct any errors/tilts then do the following:
If you want or need to do the clear and key do it like this
do the clear chip procedure
put the base chip back in
power up with the door open
Enter the key menu and do whatever it lets you do in the key chip menu - that is why you leave the door open - it will open the key menu some but cant remember if it 100% open or not
If needed do the key chip procedure only if it would not let you do everything you wanted in the key menu
Finally do all the other settings you can normally do in 3 options, etc.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 10:07:47 PM by Foster » Logged

John0813

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2012, 01:19:21 AM »

I went into the main menu...I/O Tests and in the Processor Input Tests.. the Table 2-33 in the IGT Manual shows a Initial Value of 1 for Reel 1 Optic, Reel 2 Optic, etc.....On my machine, there is a 1 value in Reel 1, 3, 4 and 5 Optic....Reel 2 Optic is a 0 (Zero) value...Is this the problem that caused my tilt error message??? The book states a 1 value if reel is present and functioning properly....
I swapped the reel..but the 0 stayed...any ideas or help is appreciated??
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2012, 02:48:53 AM »

Yes,
I'd try the new MPU again.
Before running a ram clear, I'd install the SB chip, SG (GME1&2) chips, the Version chip, and the two ram chips as well.
Make sure they are all in the proper direction in their sockets.

Power up the machine and clear any errors following the instructions on the blue VFD screen display.
If the game works and the topbox LCD comes on...you'll be in business.
IF, you get the reel error again, power off, remove the SB chip and install the ram clear chip.
Wait at least 31 seconds for the amber lights to come on then power off.

Remove the Clear chip and re-install the SB chip and power up.
Clear any VFD display instructions then power off.

Now, remove the SB chip again and install your Keychip in it's socket.
Power up the machine again but never close the door unless you are instructed to.
Your Keychip should  open up the menu on it's own.
1st thing you need to set is to make sure your machine is an "Upright" machine.
Then, set your coin denominations and machine denom and power off.

Swap out the Keychip with your SB chip and power on.
Again, watch the VFD display for messages and the topbox display should come on.
This takes a min. of about 4 minutes tops!
Watch the blue VFD display the entire time and get familiar with your whole complete Boot Up mode of your machine.
The game should come on and try to play one complete game with a single coin that matches your coin comparator "Sample" coin.

Again, because we don't know if your topbox LCD display has ever had the "Boot Up" jumper removed - we don't know exactly what "Boot Up" sequence you're seeing on the LCD display.
This is always helpful to become acclimated with so you know if there's any problems with any software.

I have a final suggestion that may or may not help you.
If you can, undo the 1st & 2nd reel connectors from the back of the reel receptor bracket and swap them with each other.
But install the reel mechanisms into their original positions.
This will tell you ( by looking at the reel codes 1 or zero) if your error code moves with the harness!

If so, then you will be certain that the problem is something with the harness on the 2nd set of wires -
this also rules out the notion that your 1st MPU is bad and the problem lies with either the reel harness - or the Ram chips that I asked you to swap to the new MPU earlier...

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2012, 03:55:05 AM »

I word of CAUTION, the legs on a "RAM" chip are extremely brittle and if you bend one when removed from the board it will break off when you try to straighten it. Those two Ram chips will cost almost as much as a complete board.

Bunker missed the part, if you have a printer, enable it in Con Fig II before you leave key chip menu

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
John0813

« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2012, 10:04:04 AM »

I swapped the 1st and 2nd reel connectors and re-installed the reels....I went back to the I/O Test and the same zero (0) appeared on the screen for Reel 2 Optic...all others are still a 1......of course when the reels spin and stop they are out of order because I swapped the connectors...

I retried...for the third time.. my newest board....I followed the procedure you described ....see previous post....but after I used the clear chip and then reinstalled the stepper base back into the U21 socket...I put the board back into the machine and RAM error appeared in the window...I turned the JP reset key...followed the instructions....re-inserted the board with the keychip....only the second light down is lite...not the first light...both should be on???..it has been over 10 minutes.....I will be you informed....

« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 11:08:18 AM by John0813 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.