Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:11:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Uh oh...I bought ANOTHER S plus!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Uh oh...I bought ANOTHER S plus!  (Read 18772 times)
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2012, 03:24:05 AM »

I should get some good karma for bringing all this positivity!

Yah, but you probably won't... bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

Sorry...that was mean... Tongue Out Crazy Tongue Out

Your wound up tonight Ros....glad I am on the east coast! ?.......:-):-):-)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2012, 03:26:04 AM »

Roz  If I was you I wouldn't talk that way.  Joey will come up with a new smiley, a great big foot kicking a skinny ass  Woman right off the site.  

See Buzz...I knew talking to you would get me in trouble...that's all I need... Hail Hail Hail

I'll call him tomorrow and talk S**t to him so we can keep you around.  I'll tell him you really didn't mean it.  Whats a little white lie between friends

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2012, 03:30:35 AM »

I should get some good karma for bringing all this positivity!

Yah, but you probably won't... bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

Sorry...that was mean... Tongue Out Crazy Tongue Out

AWWWWWWWWWWW GEEE look at all the FUN I started, without ALCOHOL!!
chug
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2012, 03:31:03 AM »

Roz  If I was you I wouldn't talk that way.  Joey will come up with a new smiley, a great big foot kicking a skinny ass  Woman right off the site.  

See Buzz...I knew talking to you would get me in trouble...that's all I need... Hail Hail Hail

I'll call him tomorrow and talk S**t to him so we can keep you around.  I'll tell him you really didn't mean it.  Whats a little white lie between friends

Well. see what you can Buzz...maybe I can take some of those old, worn-out, junky S-Plus machines off your hands...but only the ones that Joey doesn't want, of course....

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2012, 04:06:29 AM »

shortrackskater If you really want the Spin Til you Win, call Joey and make a deal. I can unload it and shop it out. If your looking for another $150 machine don't waste your time making the call, I know Joey !!

CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2012, 04:20:32 AM »

Shortrackskater - it's called a "Game Kit"....$150 machine + $$$$ = Spin Til You Win machine....

PM with the  money money money   

Just kidding...that just sounded bad...

shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2012, 07:29:26 AM »

Well whattayaknow...I got an almost working machine, again. AND I no longer NEED a "Spin til you Win" machine...this Coral Reef does it!!!! It has nudge symbols, wild symbols AND if it hits the "Coral Reef" symbol, it's SPINS TIL YOU WIN!!! WOW! Amazing 1994 technology.
I was going to just cover this thing and work on it later but I couldn't resist after this post went nuts! Now I'm down to a non working DBV which I think I can fix.
BUT...I can't figure out something. I set the DIP switch #3 to ON and only get reel stop sound, and the medley that plays when it hits the Coral Reef symbol. I tried both positions, cleaned the DIP switch, and checked the sound IC but still am not getting reel spin sound! Any ideas?
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2012, 03:18:28 PM »

Well whattayaknow...I got an almost working machine, again. AND I no longer NEED a "Spin til you Win" machine...this Coral Reef does it!!!! It has nudge symbols, wild symbols AND if it hits the "Coral Reef" symbol, it's SPINS TIL YOU WIN!!! WOW! Amazing 1994 technology.
I was going to just cover this thing and work on it later but I couldn't resist after this post went nuts! Now I'm down to a non working DBV which I think I can fix.
BUT...I can't figure out something. I set the DIP switch #3 to ON and only get reel stop sound, and the medley that plays when it hits the Coral Reef symbol. I tried both positions, cleaned the DIP switch, and checked the sound IC but still am not getting reel spin sound! Any ideas?

What SP chip is in it? Early ones played the music , newer ones did not. But since you are playing with dip I am guessing you have an old one..
staz
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2012, 04:27:26 PM »

all this talk about s pluses making me miss my s plus i wanna go take it out of the basement and play it now.....i wonder if it would boot up been unpluged for like 4 years.....

* IMAG0558.jpg (612.8 KB, 1440x2560 - viewed 303 times.)
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2012, 05:03:35 PM »

What SP chip is in it? Early ones played the music , newer ones did not. But since you are playing with dip I am guessing you have an old one..

I'll look when I get home. It does play the reel stop "Schuuk" sound and it plays "We're in the money" when it hits the Coral Reef symbol (same action as spin til you win) BUT it not playing the "deeeeeeeeee dooooooooodle deeeeeeeeeeee doooooodle dooooooooodle deeeeeeeeeeeeee" reel spin sounds.
Funny thing...I couldn't get out of the 61-1 61 loop even after doing a clear/set twice. I kept getting a 65 3 that wouldn't go away. So I just google-searched and, of course, found it right here on NLG, answered by Bunker! I just had to turn the key to get a 65 1 and then it cleared. Does anyone know what those coded mean and what I did?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 05:19:27 PM by shortrackskater » Logged
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2012, 06:21:09 PM »

See if this helps.

* S+4.zip (869.61 KB - downloaded 206 times.)

shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2012, 01:39:36 AM »

See if this helps.
Thanks!
Weird...it shows all but the 65 3 code! Well...it's cleared now.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2012, 01:41:36 AM »

all this talk about s pluses making me miss my s plus i wanna go take it out of the basement and play it now.....i wonder if it would boot up been unpluged for like 4 years.....

Does it work???
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2012, 02:22:28 AM »

...BUT it not playing the "deeeeeeeeee dooooooooodle deeeeeeeeeeee doooooodle dooooooooodle deeeeeeeeeeeeee" reel spin sounds...

I don't think anyone EVER tried to actually type that out!!! Lmafo!!! LOL U crack me up!
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2012, 04:34:48 AM »

HELP!!!
Obviously I'm still not experienced enough to remember some stuff here...
I can't get the reel spin sounds to work at all (the "deeeee doodle deeee"). My SP chip is 1271. I can't figure out the PSR at all. Maybe I'm still in s2000 mode? Anyway...it looks like there's a way to enable but I don't understand the sequence...again. Right now, it just has reel stop sounds and the melody that plays when it hits the "coral reef" symbol. I also read that there was only one sound option "you're in the money." Is there any other way to change that song? I hate that song.
SUMMARY:
1. How can I enable reel spin sounds?
2. Are there any options to change that song?

Update:
I found a simplified PSR for this here! I might be okay but anyone's welcome to chime in...DING!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 05:52:47 AM by shortrackskater » Logged
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2012, 11:12:29 AM »

Songs will not play on a 1271. You need an older sp chip. Like a sp733 to get the songs and yes they can be changed.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2012, 03:07:30 PM »

Songs will not play on a 1271. You need an older sp chip. Like a sp733 to get the songs and yes they can be changed.
Thanks...I'll have to try that. Do I just swap chips out?
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2012, 04:25:16 PM »

Yes, and just clear the 61 or 65-3 you might get.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2012, 04:10:10 AM »

Yes, and just clear the 61 or 65-3 you might get.

Thank you!
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2012, 04:14:39 AM »

Got my reel spin sound!!! It was just in the settings...easy fix. Machine is nearly working 100%.. 80%. I had enable the setting where player can set cash/credit option but it wouldn't work. That bulb was out and when I replaced it, it worked. I didn't realize the setting could not be changed if the bulb was out. Is this correct?  Scratch Head
Replaced the BET ONE coin bulb and both reel and belly lights. Funny how people just let their slots go and never replace bulbs!
So now I'm down to fixing the BV and getting a new top candle bulb...it's an old style incandescent and I need the voltage...or maybe CV slots will have some they can send me with my order!  applause
Here's an "after" shot, so far. Crappy camera...sorry. My temp fix for the game card plate was black electrical tape!

* CIMG1797.jpg (1103.74 KB, 1794x2736 - viewed 278 times.)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 06:25:48 AM by shortrackskater » Logged
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2012, 10:11:10 AM »

To clarify, you will get the respin music on the later SP chips (like the 1271), but you can't change it from "We're in the Money" to one of the other fantastic* selections available with the older SP chips.

No, the light bulb being burnt out will not affect the switch.

That's a rare (and fun) kit. My first machine was an S+ Coral Reef (hence my avatar). The kit alone could easily fetch $150 without the machine, so you did good.

(* By "fantastic" I mean pretty crummy. The music selections are really pretty basic and none of them are that great. Unless you're really geeky about it, I wouldn't spend the money or time on downgrading your SP chip.)

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2012, 03:09:06 PM »

No, the light bulb being burnt out will not affect the switch.
(* By "fantastic" I mean pretty crummy. The music selections are really pretty basic and none of them are that great. Unless you're really geeky about it, I wouldn't spend the money or time on downgrading your SP chip.)

Maybe my switch just wasn't fully plugged in from the underside?
Thanks for the help. This machine looks really nice, other than the plate below the round glass which I do want to replace with something better. It doesn't seem to be pushing the glass high enough either.
Okay...I AM geeky! If I downgrade the chip, I will get the selections? If I do, will I lose anything that I will care about? I remember playing "Spin til you win" and liking that "song" better...dumb as that sounds.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2012, 03:28:38 PM »

Just put a Red/White/& Blue kit in it and you won't have to worry about a silly ol song!!  ( see how easy it is to fix problems )

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2012, 03:19:01 PM »

Okay...I AM geeky! If I downgrade the chip, I will get the selections? If I do, will I lose anything that I will care about? I remember playing "Spin til you win" and liking that "song" better...dumb as that sounds.

If you downgrade to an earlier SP chip, you will get the song selection option which will let you pick any one of the available choices to have the machine play during the "Spin 'til you Win" feature in the Coral Reef game.  It will not cycle through them -- it will just play the same selection over and over until you go into the settings and change it again.

No, you shouldn't lose anything that you'll care about by downgrading, although some of the feature options (like reel spin sounds, hopper limits, etc.) will then be controlled by the dip switches, rather than menu settings.

Here's a video I took years ago of my PE+ which has a sample of (I believe) all of the available sound choices for Coral Reef/Spin 'til you Win:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/msPPSqkWie8&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/msPPSqkWie8&rel=0</a>

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2012, 05:54:09 AM »

If you downgrade to an earlier SP chip, you will get the song selection option which will let you pick any one of the available choices to have the machine play during the "Spin 'til you Win" feature in the Coral Reef game.  It will not cycle through them -- it will just play the same selection over and over until you go into the settings and change it again.

No, you shouldn't lose anything that you'll care about by downgrading, although some of the feature options (like reel spin sounds, hopper limits, etc.) will then be controlled by the dip switches, rather than menu settings.

Here's a video I took years ago of my PE+ which has a sample of (I believe) all of the available sound choices for Coral Reef/Spin 'til you Win:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msPPSqkWie8

I just noticed this post! I never got a notification...
Interesting sounds...hmmm...I remember a different song that isn't here! And now I think it was the song for "8 Ball." I wish I could remember the melody although I don't know what good that would do. If anyone knows...let me know what chip to use. I would just select THAT song though.
I didn't have time to work on this machine again until tonight but now I have a completely working $150 S plus Coral Reef! I got the BV working and the lights for it too. Well I'm lying a little...a part from the handle mechanism came out and it will pull during a spin cycle. I need to fix that!

* IMG_3534.JPG (1366.53 KB, 2045x2639 - viewed 294 times.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.