Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:17:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  IGT AVP 2.0 RAM Clear Procedure with eKey000007 for dummies
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT AVP 2.0 RAM Clear Procedure with eKey000007 for dummies  (Read 12300 times)
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 698

« on: July 21, 2013, 02:41:41 PM »

I know there are AVP experts on this forum because I've read some of their posts. yes   Hail  However, it doesn't seem that the RAM clear / key procedures have been posted yet, so I thought I'd go ahead and add for future reference since it is slightly different from earlier Game King versions.  These procedures are for AVP 2.0 platform and may be the same for 2.5 and 3.0 (can someone confirm).  And of course, I wrote them in my usual "for dummies" style for dummies like me (even though I'm the only dummy on this forum - ha ha!).

RAM Clear, EEPROM Clear and Key

1.  Turn on machine, wait for full bootup.

2.  Open main door, release monitor latch (pull lever underneath) and swing out to access the brain box.

3.  Open brain box and insert USB eKey000007 in the USB slot.  The “IGT Game Program Selector” menu will display (see picture 1).

4.  Touch the package* for "Keychip 28" and touch Start Program button.

a.  Message displays, “Are you sure you want to load this game image?” (see picture 1).  Touch Ok button.

b.  Message displays, “Please remove the eKey to reset the machine” (see picture 2).  Remove the USB eKey.

5.  The machine will reboot again.  Wait for full boot-up, which will come to “IGT KEYCHIP PROM – KEY00028” menu (see picture 3).

6.  Choose the option to perform:

a.  Touch the plus sign to expand RAM OPERATIONS sub-menu and then touch CLEAR ALL RAM to clear the RAM.

b.  Touch the plus sign to expand EEPROM OPERATIONS sub-menu and then touch to clear the EEPROM.

c.  Touch the asterisk sign next to KEYCHIP to key the machine.  You will be prompted to confirm.

NOTE: Upon touching these options, the action is performed immediately and sometimes so quickly that you may not see it happen, so you may want to touch the option more than once to ensure the clear was successful.

7.  Reinsert the USB eKey000007 in the USB slot in the brain box.  The “IGT Game Program Selector” menu will display again (see picture 1).

8.  Touch the installed package for the game (not key28, but the package above it in the picture) you want to clear or key and touch Start Program button.  

a.  Message displays, “Are you sure you want to load this game image?” (see picture 1).  Touch Ok.  The “Digital Glass Selection” menu displays (see picture 4).

9.  Choose your digital glass (see picture 4). **

a.  Touch and hold the Page Down button to find the digital glass for your game.

b.  Touch the glass for your game and touch Preview Glass button to view the digital glass in the upper monitor.

c.  Touch "Save Configuration".  You will be prompted to remove the USB key (see picture 2).

10.  The machine will reboot again.  Wait for full boot-up.

11.  Depending on the game and options you chose, you may be prompted with messages such as “RAM ERROR, TURN JACKPOT RESET KEY TO CLEAR”, etc.  Turn Jackpot Reset key on side of cabinet to clear.  Repeat as necessary until the "KEYCHIP" menu displays.

12.  You should now be in the key menu for the game.  From here, setup your machine how you want it and then touch Exit KEYCHIP Menu (see existing posts on setting up various features in the Key Menu for Game King).

That's it!  Only took about 15 minutes to get to this point. rotflmao

* NOTE: Need to add instructions later if the keychip package is not installed.  Or, if someone else knows?  I'm guessing a CD or different eKey?

** NOTE: My next challenge is to figure out how to dynamically choose the digital glass based on the game you're playing.  I think I may need an "AI" package installed, but not sure.  Anyone know?  I suppose that's a different topic.

* Keychip28.jpg (227.81 KB, 832x624 - viewed 1758 times.)

* Remove eKey.jpg (246.7 KB, 832x624 - viewed 738 times.)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 02:52:38 PM by 4 Deuces » Logged
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 698

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 02:48:11 PM »

Pictures 3 and 4

* KEYCHIP 28.jpg (213.68 KB, 832x624 - viewed 986 times.)

* Choose Digital Glass.jpg (292.66 KB, 832x624 - viewed 1352 times.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.