Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 06:33:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  UPDATE 9/24: Help...Still have color issue after new LCD!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UPDATE 9/24: Help...Still have color issue after new LCD!  (Read 38255 times)
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2013, 11:27:42 PM »

Dan, if you want to use a remote I have a new one on my desk you can try

Thanks, Jim, hope you're feeling better. Thats why I called, these LCD's. No Vertical adjustment in the menu, so all I can do is move it up a little to get access to the screen buttons. Was hoping someone knew a trick for it. Ceronix has so far not returned my call.

Dan (tacman)

Sorry to get off topic for the original problem.

inkyspal
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2013, 11:36:09 PM »

If the set had a problem, it would fail the security checksum set.  My money is on the harness that connects the monitor to the game, one of the color pins is not making contact.

Do know where I can find a replacement harness?  I'd like to try changing this out as my next step.

I have both 19 pin and 25 pin harnesses and you are welcome to borrow one to try as well as a spare CPU if you like, need to know if you have 19 or 25 pin harness. Look on your old CRT and see if adjustments were push button on screen (Digital) or small wheel type to adjust (Analog)

I appreciate you doing business with me and am glad to help you out since you have had trouble from the day you bought this machine

Jim,  you've been great to do business with.  I am loving all of the software that I've purchased from you.
My harness is a 19 pin.   The old CRT monitor that I just replaced had the 5 little adjustment dials on the top.  
Buzz is supposed to send me a  MPU board tomorrow to try.   Not sure if he has a harness or not...waiting on him to reply.  If he doesn't, I'd really appreciate trying one of yours.   The problem has gotta be one if these two things, right?!
tacman

Genius in training.

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2013, 11:49:22 PM »

Since the problem is identical to the CRT and LCD, I would venture to guess the problem is not the monitors or their harnesses. If the game plays fine and the only issue is the loss of color, then I would check connections, plugs and wire harnesses from the cabinet socket and even the MPU plugs to see if any pins are bent or missing going into the backplane. I would think that if you attempted to overdrive the blue in the monitor and got no change, then the signal for that color is getting interrupted somewhere.

Dan (tacman)
Not a Tech

inkyspal

« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2013, 11:53:00 PM »

Since the problem is identical to the CRT and LCD, I would venture to guess the problem is not the monitors or their harnesses. If the game plays fine and the only issue is the loss of color, then I would check connections, plugs and wire harnesses from the cabinet socket and even the MPU plugs to see if any pins are bent or missing going into the backplane. I would think that if you attempted to overdrive the blue in the monitor and got no change, then the signal for that color is getting interrupted somewhere.

Dan (tacman)
Not a Tech

Yes, I tried manually adjusting the blue on the monitor.  (My hand barely squeezes in that little space just enough to reach the buttons).   None of my adjustments corrected the problem.   
tacman

Genius in training.

« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2013, 12:02:15 AM »

I agree, I scraped the s**t out of my knuckles trying to get my ham hands in to press those buttons. OK, so, no change shows signal interrupt for blue. I'm assuming bent/missing pins or broken wires. Does anyone know if there are video driver components on the MPU or backplane that might be the culprit?

Dan (tacman)

rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2013, 12:26:58 AM »

From my experience in the computer industry, these kinds of color anomalies are almost always a problem with the cabling. All these modern gaming LCD monitors are for the most part VGA monitors, which means the mpu circuitry contains the video display hardware with a DAC.  Normally you rarely ever get a missing line going between the video circuitry and the DAC other than perhaps broken traces.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
Tilt
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 366

« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2013, 12:33:12 AM »

There are a couple of capacitors and resistors that the video (RGBHV) signals flow through from the MPU board to the monitor connector (J5) on the motherboard.  If one of them were bad it could cause you to lose a color signal.  Unless one of them was physically damaged I'd lean more towards the MPU board where all the video signals are generated.
Tilt

« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2013, 12:45:05 AM »

Here's a wiring diagram for the harness that goes from the motherboard to the monitor.  If you have a multimeter you can ohm your harness out.  In this case since you're missing the blue color, check pin 3 on each end for continuity.

* Pages from 17in GK+ Upright Diagrams.pdf (342.99 KB - downloaded 138 times.)
inkyspal

« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2013, 12:47:23 AM »

Here's a wiring diagram for the harness that goes from the motherboard to the monitor.  If you have a multimeter you can ohm your harness out.  In this case since you're missing the blue color, check pin 3 on each end for continuity.

Thank you!   I will check this out tomorrow.  I appreciate this diagram!
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2013, 05:30:37 AM »

Just to be perfectly clear, when you changed from the single denom Monster Mansion chipset to the multi-denom, did you change out the graphics chips (or SIMMs), or just the base chips?  If you've never changed out the pixel/graphics chips or SIMMs, I'd suggest trying an entirely different game in there if you have one for troubleshooting purposes.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
inkyspal

« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2013, 07:45:23 AM »

Just to be perfectly clear, when you changed from the single denom Monster Mansion chipset to the multi-denom, did you change out the graphics chips (or SIMMs), or just the base chips?  If you've never changed out the pixel/graphics chips or SIMMs, I'd suggest trying an entirely different game in there if you have one for troubleshooting purposes.

I changed all of the software chips - base chips and Simms., and have tried an entirely different game set in the machine and the colors are unaffected.   I am pretty positive that this isn't a software issue. 
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2013, 12:33:39 AM »

inkyspal  OK I mailed the MPU today and they said you will have it Friday ( flat rate box )  Here's what I did, I left a 3,5,10 Play Action Gaming Poker set of software on the board complete with sound simm. When you get the board put your old sound board on it with the Poker sound simm, the Poker game only has one PXL simm and you can put it in any of the three sockets ( I removed it from the socket because of the Post Office and how they destroy most things )  install your Key 22 and do a clear and key.After you install the base chip and it boots up you MUST set the accounting denom. a penny or a nickel it doesn't make any difference. I wouldn't worry about any of the other settings because after a color check I can see MM going into the machine. Unless you want to play Poker for a while then you may wish to set the limits and sound after you get out of key menu.

GOOD LUCK  I'll PM you a west coast phone number and tracking number

Now we have some important stuff to take care of, If that's a picture of you in your profile were going to have to have a contest of our members trying to guess what in the world do you have hanging around your neck ??  Don't give the ans. away too soon.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2013, 03:14:42 AM »

Wow....Buzz must have just seen the profile pic!!!! Free software sets for everyone!!!! Just PM Buzz for your set!!!!

Styx
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2013, 12:49:51 AM »

Gettin me a new profile pic.....  rotflmao

-Styx
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2013, 01:26:50 AM »

I haven't received my set yet Buzz.  It was supposed to be here today.  Don't you remember our conversation the other day?  :p

Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2013, 01:46:10 AM »

Jason  It's like I told you " Your to flat chested to get anything for free from me "  Besides Nickie never said a word about MINTY

Look at it from my point of view, if I sent you a eprom and the label was a little crooked you'd piss all over your self. Trust me I'm helping your blood pressure by not sending anything.

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2013, 01:57:07 AM »

I talked to this young Lady today and here is a PM she sent me. I guess the forum is now OPEN for anyother suggestions.

Here's what's been done so for, two different monitors ( one is a brand new Ceronix LCD ) two different 3902 MPUs ( one was good when I mailed it Wed. ) three different sets of software ( one set was also good Wed, ) I'm going to hear a bunch of BS over this but that's for a different thread. I had her with power on to pull the monitor out and in a couple of times to see if the color would change, it didn't.  Then I suggest she unplug and replug all the connections to the mother board, I'm guessing that didn't help because she didn't call back. I also suggest some contact cleaner on the plugs.

I sure wish I had her machine, I'd luv to figure it out.   

Hey, Buzz.
Well, bad news.  The board arrived today.  Everything was perfect with it.  Put the poker game in and still just purple and green colors. 
Needless to say, I am so disappointed.   
I also took a multi meter and checked the harness...it seems to be OK.  From the wiring diagram, I was able to figure out which wires controlled the red, green, and blue so those are the ones I checked. 
I'm at a loss at this point....could it be the motherboard on the back of the machine?   

Here is a photo of the screen with the poker game installed:

* photo_zpse3549253[1].jpg (48.08 KB, 640x480 - viewed 232 times.)

Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2013, 02:09:40 AM »

So Buzz, if I rocked a rack like this, would you reconsider? 

Jason

* photo.JPG (123.38 KB, 862x1000 - viewed 212 times.)

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2013, 02:26:21 AM »

You know your gonna get me in trouble with the NLGs Cops if I give you the ansewer I'm thinking.  Let's just say ya gotta have just the right wiggle in your walk.  You can bet that Dude doesn't have the right wiggle and I'll bet the plumbing is all wrong also.

I think I'd better stop or be up S**t creek. 

Tilt

« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2013, 03:01:17 AM »

I talked to this young Lady today and here is a PM she sent me. I guess the forum is now OPEN for anyother suggestions.

Here's what's been done so for, two different monitors ( one is a brand new Ceronix LCD ) two different 3902 MPUs ( one was good when I mailed it Wed. ) three different sets of software ( one set was also good Wed, ) I'm going to hear a bunch of BS over this but that's for a different thread. I had her with power on to pull the monitor out and in a couple of times to see if the color would change, it didn't.  Then I suggest she unplug and replug all the connections to the mother board, I'm guessing that didn't help because she didn't call back. I also suggest some contact cleaner on the plugs.

I sure wish I had her machine, I'd luv to figure it out.   

Hey, Buzz.
Well, bad news.  The board arrived today.  Everything was perfect with it.  Put the poker game in and still just purple and green colors. 
Needless to say, I am so disappointed.   
I also took a multi meter and checked the harness...it seems to be OK.  From the wiring diagram, I was able to figure out which wires controlled the red, green, and blue so those are the ones I checked. 
I'm at a loss at this point....could it be the motherboard on the back of the machine?   

Here is a photo of the screen with the poker game installed:

Ok, it's not the 3902(MPU) board, not the software, not the wiring harness, not the monitor/LCD, the only thing left is the motherboard.  Swap it out and see what happens.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2013, 04:09:51 AM »

Where does the video feed come from on those games? I mean the actual plug from wherever to the monitor. I had a GameKing once for abouta week and never really looked it over other than to clean it before delivery
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2013, 04:38:25 AM »

Cliff  I have one I have to put in a machine this weekend and test before it goes into the mail Monday. I would have bet the farm that a MPU would have fixed the problem. I guess one way of looking at is if I was smart I wouldn't own a slot machine.

I don't think this part of the story has been told. She bought this machine off of ebay  from a home owner . The seller had pictures of it working as it should. ( he said they were pictures of that machine ??)  When the machine was delivered the crate was all banged up and the belly glass was cracked, like maybe the trucking Co. dropped the machine. I'm thinking there would be a lot more damage than a cracked glass to harm the mother board.

Rob  From your left to right, third plug top row it's marked as "Slave Monitor" right below that is says "Bill Val"  next to that plug ( to the right ) it says " Monitor"  Same mother board as a S 2000.  "960"

I only have one true I Game machine, all the rest started out in life as a Game King. I just looked at the I Game and nothing is pluged into the "Slave Monitor" socket.

* PICT0069.JPG (617.66 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 229 times.)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 04:46:31 AM by Buzz » Logged

Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2013, 04:43:56 AM »

If it hasn't been done, I'd disconnect all plugs and reconnect to the motherboard if it was indeed working before.  Maybe that's already been done.

Jason

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2013, 04:52:39 AM »

Jason In the PM she said she used a mulltimeter on that harness.

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2013, 06:10:55 AM »

Sounds like the motherboard is all that's left Scratch Head Could she plug into the slave monitor socket for a test? I suppose they probably just ran branched traces for the two sockets though. Might be worth a try...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.