Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:06:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  Mikohn Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  Setting up a chamII+ with an S+ as a stand alone.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Setting up a chamII+ with an S+ as a stand alone.  (Read 45222 times)
CommTech
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 251

Joe

« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2008, 12:02:00 AM »

good tip.  I'm going to start use v1, v2, etc as the first two letters in the message until the thing is just the way I want it.  applause applause applause
CommTech

Joe

« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2008, 12:03:02 AM »

The reason I started doing this was that I had three messages in the one file separated by jackpot tokens. You can't cut and paste so I couldn't get rid of the tokens (although I could manually change their time to the shortest setting to get through them faster). By the time I was working on the third message at the end of the file the waiting around was getting old.

btw, that's also how I discovered the maximum of 31 (30, 31, or 32 -- I forget which Duh!) paragraphs. I wanted to add a 4th message. I found that the total length of the file -- i.e. shorter messages -- made no difference, It was only the number of paragraph commands. Once exceeded, I got a specific non-random set of "random" junk displayed. I'm pretty sure that the last paragraph sent the pointer oob, and it was displaying whatever code was at the address that the pointer was pointing to. That's when I wished the other .do files worked!! bawling bawling
CommTech

Joe

« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2008, 12:03:48 AM »

I feel like this is one of the stupider questions I've asked on here (I know there are no stupid questions), but when looking at the motherboard in my S+ upright, I know I need to connect connector from the ChamII+ to the board, but which three of the four pins on that motherboard connector are used?  The three closest to the pull arm/bill validator side of the machine, or the three closest to the "change" button side of the machine?

I got my programming done -- I'm itching to hook it up to the slot machine now and see it in action.   propeller

Thanks.
CommTech

Joe

« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2008, 12:04:55 AM »

I feel like this is one of the stupider questions I've asked on here (I know there are no stupid questions), but when looking at the motherboard in my S+ upright, I know I need to connect connector from the ChamII+ to the board, but which three of the four pins on that motherboard connector are used?  The three closest to the pull arm/bill validator side of the machine, or the three closest to the "change" button side of the machine?

I got my programming done -- I'm itching to hook it up to the slot machine now and see it in action.   propeller

Thanks.

Hang on, let me take a picture.

* IMG_8744.jpg (127.76 KB, 800x600 - viewed 316 times.)
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2008, 02:49:00 PM »

I had to re-read this topic  to double check setting up the Cham II+ with S+, since I bought another Cham II+ from April.
She is always great.
I noticed the first post stated M-08, M08.  I tried that setting the Cham II+ (or Cham II SA) did not respond to any coin in.
I tried M-05 and M08 for the S+ it is working perfectly.
That is the setting for S2000 as well
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 03:39:28 PM by foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.