Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:54:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Other Reel Games
| | |-+  IGT M Slot Reel Kicker
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT M Slot Reel Kicker  (Read 6252 times)
pinballpaul
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« on: June 11, 2009, 05:13:15 PM »

I have a IGT M Slot that comes up with an error message no spin reel 3, when I move the kicker assy. the problem moves with it.  Any ideas?
theDotster
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 219

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 04:56:08 AM »

Hi,

Sorry I've only just seen your post. {EDIT - I've just re-read your topic header and it says your machine is an M, the below applies to M+, not sure if the M is the same}

This may help but it also may not.

When I got my M+ a few months back someone here told me this:
The other problem is the ribbon cable soldered to the connector on the reel kicker, many intermittent problems, have seen most of them hardwired,point to point.

I suspect that the ribbon cable that runs down the side of the kicker assembly has lost a connection to the optic at the top. The optic is the black plastic fork at the very top that the wheel runs between. I think this measures the speed of the wheel to check it is spinning fast enough. If there is no message coming from that to the machine then it will think the reel isn't spinning, which I assume it is on yours?

Pic attached with optic circled, you can just see the brown ribon cable connection, this runs down the other side of the assembly and hooks up to the rest of the reel mech when you fit it.

Paul

* optic.jpg (42.97 KB, 800x600 - viewed 302 times.)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 05:10:49 AM by theDotster » Logged

When I die, I hope my wife doesn't sell my machines for how much I told her they cost.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 01:04:31 PM »

Hey Paul?
Can we see what your machine looks like? Pics? obsessed drool
theDotster

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 04:10:43 PM »

Lots of pics here (http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=2374.0). The top post is the outside of the machine and halfway down are a lot of inside.

Machine is still not working and in fact got a worse as now the motor doesn't turn at all.

I'm in correspondence with Jim and I hope to get it going again. Anyone have a manual?

When I die, I hope my wife doesn't sell my machines for how much I told her they cost.
pinballpaul
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 04:47:18 AM »

I ran a continuity test on all the connections to the ribbon cable from the plug to the optics and solenoids, all tested good.  I suppose it must be the optos themselves.  Any idea where I can find some.

theDotster

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 04:57:23 AM »

Could be a dirty optic, try cleaning the inside surfaces, but don't use any alcohol based cleaners, I'd stick with water on a cotton bud. It's a long shot but it might work.

Regarding parts, that may be tricky given the ages of the machine, try some of the vendors at the top of the page. Please keep us posted about how you get on.

Jackpot
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 124

I buy-Sell-Restore & have parts for older slots

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 04:03:58 PM »

I would replace the index arm, they slide out easy. I think I have one if needed. Sounds like the optic or ribbon connection is bad, these optics break very easy and are very fragile.
Jackpot

Jackpot
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 04:06:04 PM »

OH.... Forgot. Try swapping the index levers around and see if the error show up on a different reel, then you will know it's your index assembly for sure.
Jackpot

Jackpot
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 04:10:11 PM »

Still need a "M" Slot manual?
Jackpot

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.