Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 09:26:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Haywire Deluxe - Newbie - Won't turn on
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Haywire Deluxe - Newbie - Won't turn on  (Read 16135 times)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2014, 06:56:59 PM »

Located on the back wall to the right of the transformer is a 5-position vertical Bus Bar.
You can see the gap between black with purple striped wire and the 1st three wires?
If you move the purple wire from location #5 to location #4, it will become a 220v machine.

120V Bus Bar Configuration:
Top #1 position = Black Wire w/red stripe
#2 postion = Black Wire w/redstripe
#3 position = Solid Black wire
#4 postion = Empty Spot
#5 postion = Black Wire w/ purple stripe

Here's a photo I took of the Bus Bar with the purple striped wire in the USA 120V position.
Again, for your machine to accept 220V, you need to move the #5 to #4 position
and get the appropiate power supply plug that fits in a 220V outlet.

Your Configuration will look like this for your machine to use 220V...>>>

220V Bus Bar Configuration:
Top #1 position = Black Wire w/red stripe
#2 postion = Black Wire w/redstripe
#3 position = Solid Black wire
#4 postion = Black Wire w/ purple stripe
#5 postion = Empty Spot

Click on the photos below to enlarge if desired...these pictures are from my 110V machine set-up...>>>

* S+ Bus Bar 024.JPG (833.75 KB, 2576x1932 - viewed 209 times.)

* S+ Bus Bar 025.JPG (621.53 KB, 2576x1932 - viewed 235 times.)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 07:19:14 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2014, 08:00:44 PM »

isn't the power supply selectable for 110 or 220 volts?
I don't have my notes currently in front of me right now but I believe there's a purple wire that can be changed in the power supply to go from 110 volt to 220 volts.  if the previous owner had already done this that would explain the low power that you're seeing now

Interesting. Would love to know how to check this. Really don't want to give it 220v and kill it completely without being sure.

Paul

Paul,
check out this post
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=2381.0

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
Neonkiss

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2014, 08:05:43 PM »

Haaa,
Mark beat me to it with his pictures.

I know if you run a 220V machine on 110V you will get lights and the machine will act as you described. I experienced this with some 220V machines off a cruse ship.

Also see this post where Mark shows the proper voltages at the motherboard.
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=13434.0
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 08:15:01 PM by Neonkiss » Logged

reado10
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2014, 08:49:44 PM »

Thank you all again for the useful information and links. I have discovered something interesting / maybe concerning?

Here is a picture of my bus bar.

I have 1,2,4 and 5 used.

Confusing me is I have a Black Wire w/red stripe in 1, 2 and 5, and the Black Wire w/purple stripe in 5. I have no solid black?

Paul

* photo.JPG (891.01 KB, 1958x1469 - viewed 240 times.)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 08:55:55 PM by reado10 » Logged
Neonkiss

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2014, 09:23:16 PM »

Yup, something doesn't look right.
Do the pin out and check the voltages at the motherboard and report back.

reado10

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2014, 09:44:12 PM »

I'll try and meter some more when I get chance.

Can anybody confirm where the wires in the bus bar should come from? E.G number 2 on the primary to number 5 on the bus bar etc?

Thanks again,

Paul
DF777
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 40

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2014, 11:01:02 PM »

This is info from a prior thread

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=2381.msg18523#msg18523
reado10

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2014, 11:10:40 PM »

Thanks for the links.

Well progress here and as it's 1am I think I will stop at this point and wait for some more good advice.

I have spent the evening with a multimeter and finally decided it had infact been set for 220v.

I made up a US to to UK power lead and once brave enough, plugged it in.

It now starts up, everything lights up and the strobe light on top flashes.

Two problems now exist... I have an error code 12. Guessing I need to do the battery fix?

Also the game won't play. By this I mean it doesn't accept coins. Looking inside, the coin comparator doesn't have the green light/led lit. I'm assuming this should be?

Progress is progress however! Thanks so far to all of you and putting me on the right track.

Paul
Neonkiss

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2014, 11:41:18 PM »

Clap Clap Clap Clap
On your minor success...

Now, Yes 12 error is bad battery. Don't push anything else or turn any key switches until you install a new battery on the MPU.
Then see instructions as to clearing the 61 error you will get once you change the battery.
Machine will not play until the battery has been changed, so again don't do anything further until the battery is replaced. I'm only repeating this in an attempt to prevent you from having a 61 looped error requiring a clear chip.
No the led on the coin compairator will not illuminate with the door open, so don't use the fact that it's not illuminated as an indicator of a problem.
Also the top candle will flash until the machine completes it's first play cycle after power has been applied.

All in all you have good signs of a working machine.
we'll stay tuned for tomorrows adventures.
 Enjoying the Show Popcorn Enjoying the Show

LeisureTimeSlots
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 37

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2014, 12:04:01 AM »

Double check the white molex connector at your backplane. This is the short harness that feeds power from the power supply to the mpu. They tend to overheat and then loose conectivety. Very common failure on the S+ slots. When the connections fails there will not be any numbers displayed in the win paid or credit meters. The reels will also be de-energized.

* S+ Burnt_Conn_.JPG (162.69 KB, 592x400 - viewed 196 times.)
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2014, 03:04:24 AM »

All good points!! While we await your reply, as you are sleeping and we are NOT, lol! As NeonKiss instructed, Replace your battery and we will go from there! Woohooo!!! Batteries are much easier than harnesses to find!

Awesome answer post Neon! That's why we love you!

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2014, 05:14:40 AM »

That's great news!  As has already been pointed out, you must replace the battery on the MPU board before the machine will do anything else (including accepting coins or playing).

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2014, 03:54:04 PM »

Yay!!!  Snoopy I knew it!  Cheer Leader Inquired about it in my 1st Reply!! I knew it was the power configuration!!!!!  rotflmao
Glad you're on your way to a working S+!!!  yes
Hey Neon! Thanks for finding  Sherlock Smiley them old multimeter pictures! I LOST those!! Scratch Head 2 face in palm
reado10

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2014, 04:06:36 PM »

Good evening all!

More good news! Just replaced the battery on the MPU, performed a reset and then clear of the 61-1 and the slot starts with no errors!

It then wouldn't take coins but I remembered the tip earlier of using the button below the comparator to add free credit which brought it to life. Maybe stupidly, it suddenly became obvious that a coin comparator is called exactly that because it compares the size of the coin on the way in... Mine didn't have the base/example coin installed, so did this, and it now plays on coins! (Luckily had some quarters left over from a previous trip..!).

The only question I now have is the 'Cash Out' button. I'm not sure if this is right but when I press it it lights up and if I press it again, it turns the light back out (light on the button). Is this correct?

Thank you all so much for your help, so so pleased. Picked the slot up for £100GBP so I guess about $150, not sure if this is good or bad, but so far has cost me probably about $5 for a battery and just my time!

Paul
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2014, 04:11:31 PM »

Good news!  The Wave
For your information...the coin in the coin comparitor unit is called the "Sample Coin".
You can use tokens too...they just gotta be around the same size as the coin you're using now and matching the Sample coin.

You can set the "Cash Out" button to be on all the time if you want.
Do you need instructions on how to do it?
I'm sure someone has a PSR sheet laying around!

What SP chip do you have installed in there?
reado10

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2014, 04:31:36 PM »

More useful information, thank you Smiley

Okay, so you lost me at psr and  sp?!

Is the cash out button meant to function the way mine is? I'm assuming that it means whilst it's lit, the cash is dispensed opposed to banking credit?

Also need to work out what all the menus do when I turn the jackpot key in the side of the slot'

It's a learning curve for me but a lot of fun! Smiley

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2014, 04:46:04 PM »

Your machine is fine...it's presently at the original IGT "factory" settings right now.
That's the way they mostly come off the assembly line set as.
I think they wanted to have the coins come out clanging on the coin tray originally! Lol

A PSR is a sheet of information specially written for the chip you have installed in your machine.
An SP chip is sort of a operating system for your machine - similar to Windows XP or Vista operating program systems but much more basic and archaic than anything out there nowadays!

The PSR sheet will have all sorts of info about your SP chip installed
and the different settings you can do to your machine - including the Cash Out button's behaviour.

I can attach a copy of it if you can determine what chips you have installed on your MPU.
Here's a link to some directiions on how you can do that...>>>

http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/SPSS.htm
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2014, 10:49:14 PM »

The cash/credit button is working correctly.  When lit, machine pays go to credit, when off, pays go to hopper.  The PSR will tell you how to configure so that it default to what you have, to credits, or to cash.  Most people use the credit option, unless you like inserting coins in before each pull of the handle.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.