Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:40:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally 1000 locked up
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 1000 locked up  (Read 8739 times)
slotter
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2010, 09:36:22 PM »

Made a little jumper wire and grounded out some of the Triacs.  I can get the stuff like the bell and feature lights to works.  It seems like anything related to the reel assemble does not work-solenoids, reel lights?? It seems like the whole reel assembly is not powered up or something?
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2010, 12:56:45 AM »

Hi... Have you checked the 2 molex plugs on the reel assembly in the right rear to make sure that you don't have a broken wire? I had a machine I picked up that I couldn't get to work my reel readers. The wire was broken on the top plug but just sitting there looking like it was connected. Once I found that and repinned it my problems went away... rotflmao

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
slotter
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2010, 03:39:16 PM »

Hi... Have you checked the 2 molex plugs on the reel assembly in the right rear to make sure that you don't have a broken wire? I had a machine I picked up that I couldn't get to work my reel readers. The wire was broken on the top plug but just sitting there looking like it was connected. Once I found that and repinned it my problems went away... rotflmao

Thanks Amachanic, I have checked those connections several times, but the connectors are so old I may be getting a bad connection somewhere. I will really go over those connections this weekend and see what I can find.
slotter
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2010, 05:42:39 PM »

Ok, so I did find something last night.  I replaced the reel kicker switches last week and had them both adjusted wrong.  They were both closed all the time! Got them adjusted correctly and the tilt problem fixed. So as of last night I can insert quarter, bell chimes, lights light up correctly,  just nobody home at the reel mechanism. 
  This afternoon fired up machine and got a weird code, bell chattering,ect.  Turned off machine, wiggled reel connectors-fired back up and it's back to what it was doing last night.  There has to be a bad connection or an open wire in that harness--I will keep probing.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2010, 07:41:06 PM »

Hey Slotter... Did you ever found the lock up problem with your Bally 1000?? I just found a problem on a power supply board that's been giving my fits for a while now, so I'm wondering if you might have the same issue?? My Bally 1000 would play correctly for about 10 minutes, then it would give me a code 33, and my coil on the handle release would chatter, and lights flicker... The voltages were all good, 5.07V, 7.03V, and 9.54V. I finally got my hands on a different power supply to try in my 1000 and the problems now gone. Everything on the old power supply checks out OK, but I know it's my problem. I finally found the problem with the power supply... Mine had 8 cracked solder joints at the power plug pins. They were so small I didn't see them with the naked eye, only when I used my lighted magnifier at 10X. After re-soldering the pins and testing the voltages again, I found that the voltages have increased to 5.07V, 7.32V, and 10.01V. I reinstalled this power supply and played the machine for over and hour without one single problem. I don't know if this is whats wrong with yours, but it's worth checking in to...

Gary   Odie

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2010, 12:05:00 AM »

Hey guys.
What's a Bally 1000 look like?
I've never seen one.
I did a google search and all i found was this...lol >>>

[Court Orders Bally To Send Refunds To 1000 Texans - The Consumerist
Sep 1, 2010 ... The Texas attorney general has advised Bally Total Fitness to
send refunds to 1000 customers it bombarded with false invoices, the Dallas ...
consumerist.com/.../court-orders-bally-to-send-refunds-to-1000-texans.html - Cached
]
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2010, 12:24:51 AM »

My reference was to the Bally E Series... Early ones were known as 1000 series, they had the hopper relay boards and different MPU Boards. I have 2 of them, one is a E-1091, and a E-1216.

a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2010, 01:17:55 AM »

Hey guys.
What's a Bally 1000 look like?
I've never seen one.
I did a google search and all i found was this...lol >>>

[Court Orders Bally To Send Refunds To 1000 Texans - The Consumerist
Sep 1, 2010 ... The Texas attorney general has advised Bally Total Fitness to
send refunds to 1000 customers it bombarded with false invoices, the Dallas ...
consumerist.com/.../court-orders-bally-to-send-refunds-to-1000-texans.html - Cached
]

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=5696.msg49943#msg49943

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
slotter
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2010, 12:13:40 PM »

Hey Slotter... Did you ever found the lock up problem with your Bally 1000?? I just found a problem on a power supply board that's been giving my fits for a while now, so I'm wondering if you might have the same issue?? My Bally 1000 would play correctly for about 10 minutes, then it would give me a code 33, and my coil on the handle release would chatter, and lights flicker... The voltages were all good, 5.07V, 7.03V, and 9.54V. I finally got my hands on a different power supply to try in my 1000 and the problems now gone. Everything on the old power supply checks out OK, but I know it's my problem. I finally found the problem with the power supply... Mine had 8 cracked solder joints at the power plug pins. They were so small I didn't see them with the naked eye, only when I used my lighted magnifier at 10X. After re-soldering the pins and testing the voltages again, I found that the voltages have increased to 5.07V, 7.32V, and 10.01V. I reinstalled this power supply and played the machine for over and hour without one single problem. I don't know if this is whats wrong with yours, but it's worth checking in to...

Gary   Odie

Hi Gary, Thanks for the tip! I have not messed with my machine in a couple of weeks. I went on vacation, then my car broke down this week Sad
  I will recheck/re-solder the board hopefully this weekend if I get some time. My problem sounds very similar to yours.  It seems the whole reel assembly has no power(reel lights not on ect.)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.