Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 26, 2024, 06:36:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Homebrew Player Tracking and EFT Systems.
| |-+  NLG Homebrew Player Tracking and EFT Systems.
| | |-+  trouble with SAS DLL on S2000
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: trouble with SAS DLL on S2000  (Read 7742 times)
bhinkley
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 63

« on: April 14, 2012, 05:48:08 PM »

I am looking for some help here.  I made the serial cable to interface with the comm board, and connected everything to my computer, but when I am going through the settings I can only get a choice between SAS channel 2 or 8.  How do I get it to show SAS channel 3?
TZtech
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 08:22:22 PM »

Cant say I have ever seen that before. What SB version are You using? My only other idea is that its not seeing the comms board (Either the ribbon cable has come loose or the power supply in the distribution box I dead) I dont know if this would cause the machine not to show comm 3 as an option.

The other option is to use the DCS port (channel2) but this is TTL level not true RS232.
zarobhr
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 178

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 10:55:50 PM »

check the bally comm channel most likely it is set to 3. change it to something else then you can set sas to channel 3
bhinkley
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 11:03:57 PM »

Cant say I have ever seen that before. What SB version are You using? My only other idea is that its not seeing the comms board (Either the ribbon cable has come loose or the power supply in the distribution box I dead) I dont know if this would cause the machine not to show comm 3 as an option.

The other option is to use the DCS port (channel2) but this is TTL level not true RS232.

My machine is running a SB1000 chip.  Which port is the DCS port?  I am new to owning a machine so I have no clue what is what without the posts on here.  Also, do you know which pins need to connect where for that one?
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 11:18:27 PM »

Most of us use the Serial port on the Comm board which is J82 it is on front of the comm board cover upper right hand side
The comm board is the board in he middle of the AC Distribution Box there should be a ribbon cable running to it from the motherboard.
The connector you need for the comm board is Molex SL 0.100 5 pin male connector.

IF you try to use the DCS port you have to build a TTL to RS232 board using a MAX232 Chip, I and Poppo built them for our S+. its not hard but no need to build one since the S2000 has one built into the Comm board.
That is why you use Channel 3.

it is only 5 pins there is a 7 pin connector just to its left (not used)
J82 Comm Bard                 Serial Port
1  TxD  ------------------------>  2 RxD
2  RxD  <------------------------  3 TxD
5  Gnd  <---------------------->  5 Gnd

Here are the details on where it is and what is should be set to:
3 Machine Options
   4 Communications Options
      2 Bally Miser
         2 Channel = Off
then back out of menus enough to go the SAS
      1 SAS Setup
         1 SAS Primary
           1 SAS Primary Address (anything you want but usually 1 - but it is up to you)
           2 SAS Primary Channel = 3
           3 SAS Primary Link Down = Game Enabled

There is a SAS config
3.4.1.3 SAS Config
      Cashless - Primary
      Progressive - Primary
      Legacy Bonus - Primary
      ASDC - Primary Inot even sure what it is)
      Link Bonus - Primary
      Validation - Primary
3.4.1.4. AFT
           1 Asset number I used the physical Serial number but any none zero number will be ok, especially if using enhanced validation.
           3 Partial Transfer - Enabled.
           4 Ticket Transfer Limit whatever you want it to be (max 100,000)

« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 11:38:16 PM by Foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
bhinkley
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 11:33:01 PM »

What zerobhr said.

most use the Serial port on the Comm board which is J82 it is on front of the comm board cover upper right hand side
it is only 5 pins there is a 7 pin connector just to its left (not used)
J82 Comm Bard        Serial Port
1  ------------------------>  2
2  <------------------------  3
5  <---------------------->  5

Here are the details on where it is and what is should be set to:
3 Machine Options
   4 Communications Options
      2 Bally Miser
         2 Channel = Off
then back out of menus enough to go the SAS
      1 SAS Setup
         1 SAS Primary
           1 SAS Primary Address (anything you want but usually 1 - but it is up to you)
           2 SAS Primary Channel = 3
           3 SAS Primary Link Down = Game Enabled

There is a SAS config
3.4.1.3 SAS Config
      Cashless - Primary
      Progressive - Primary
      Legacy Bonus - Primary
      ASDC - Primary Inot even sure what it is)
      Link Bonus - Primary
      Validation - Primary
3.4.1.4. AFT
           1 Asset number I used the physical Serial number but any none zero number will be ok, especially if using enhanced validation.
           3 Partial Transfer - Enabled.
           4 Ticket Transfer Limit whatever you want it to be (max 100,000)

settings all configured following this information.  still no connection to the device.  my laptop has a compact 15pin serial port built in.  Do you think if I got a 15 pin to 9 pin adapter would that work to connect directly to the serial port instead of trying to use USB to 9pin serial?
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 11:41:27 PM »

IF it is a 15 pin pin connector on your laptop that is not Serial that is a external monitor port.

Most laptops that have serial ports have 9 pin connectors

IF you have to get a USB to serial adapter try to get one using a FTDI chip set.
iI got mine from from Ham Radio Outlet (I got lucky when I bought it - needed it to program my radio)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 11:46:46 PM by Foster » Logged

bhinkley
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 11:47:36 PM »

oh.. okay.  From what I read in the original thread if I were to get a usb to serial with the FTDI chipset that should work.  Is that correct for sure?

Here is my setup.  I am running Windows 7 professional.  The test app v2 worked perfectly to install and it opens.  When I connect the usb to serial adapter I had from a long time ago and then connect my custom cable to that and to the connector on the comm board I click initialize and absolutely nothing happens.  Any further suggests would be appreciated.  I am looking to eventually have legacy bonusing working and hopefully ticket in, but no ticket out if possible as well, but it wouldn't matter if that wasn't the case.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 11:54:32 PM »

How you determine if hte machine is communicating after the app is running and you have picked the right machine address and comm port
you should open and close the door a couple times and watch the program
it should say something like "Slot Door open" shortly after you open the door and "Slot Door Closed" shortly after you close it
He could have used Main instead of Slot in that app
I wrote my own in C# its not perfect but it works for me and a friend is using it at well with his two machines.

bhinkley
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 11:59:54 PM »

I wrote my own in C# its not perfect but it works for me and a friend is using it at well with his two machines.

Would I be able to try a copy of yours?  It's okay if you don't want me to have it.  I will have to try again.  For some reason the last time I connected the cable my laptop said it couldn't install the device drivers.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 12:19:20 AM »

That would depend on how much work you want to do on your end to make it function with your setup.

Have you worked with Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 or 2010 versions?

« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 12:27:00 AM by Foster » Logged

bhinkley
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 12:24:12 AM »

That would depend on how much work you want to do on your end to make it function with your setup.

Have you worked with Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 or 2010 versions?

Very little.  I know just some very basic things with programming.  I think the cable must be the problem.  I am guessing on the test app the poll address is the SAS address that I would choose.  Set it up with that.  Got the cable to install the drivers correctly.  Initialized the app.  Opened the door.  No response in app.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2012, 12:40:03 AM »

His test App and or DLL has issues with some serial ports/drivers and some USB to Serial Port and their drivers.
I think it has more to do with some underlying code from either MS or the device maker 
I cant even use on board serial with his test app or my app in Vista on a WinFast MCP 61 based Motherboard sold by Gateway
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 12:48:02 AM by Foster » Logged

staz
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 12:50:01 AM »

foster wanna come over and hook my machines up...... this looks so damm hard lol.... i def need ticket in ticket on my slots slot machine.....
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2012, 01:17:03 AM »

Staz it would cost you plane fare (round trip), transportation, food,  hotel or spare room,  misc incidentals and a complete mint Triple Double Wild Cherry (3 coin)

staz
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 01:25:09 AM »

Staz it would cost you plane fare (round trip), transportation, food, and hotel or spare room,  and a complete mint Triple Double Wild Cherry (3 coin)

lol why does this stuff look so damm chineese lol.....i should do this step by step..... im looking at the whole picture and getting confused...... well ill be getting a $500 top dollar soon so i have a little time to learn..... i really just wanna be able to use tickets in my machine..... thats my goal..... this way i wont need to put 5000 dollars in a machine to spin it 5 times lol.... what program can i download for my computer ..... i should start with that first.....
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2012, 02:01:05 AM »

you cant download a TITO program or system, those of us doing it on here either wrote the code to do so (I and some others) or are using what we wrote.

PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 02:08:58 AM »

Staz it would cost you plane fare (round trip), transportation, food, and hotel or spare room,  and a complete mint Triple Double Wild Cherry (3 coin)

lol why does this stuff look so damm chineese lol.....i should do this step by step..... im looking at the whole picture and getting confused...... well ill be getting a $500 top dollar soon so i have a little time to learn..... i really just wanna be able to use tickets in my machine..... thats my goal..... this way i wont need to put 5000 dollars in a machine to spin it 5 times lol.... what program can i download for my computer ..... i should start with that first.....
Staz . pick up foster in a limo after you payed his airfare and he will probably hook you UP

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2012, 02:17:39 AM »

Yes I would
I did mean kit, not a whole machine

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.