Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 09:01:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Reel 2 Tilt Problem
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reel 2 Tilt Problem  (Read 34108 times)
John0813
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 4

« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2012, 12:59:58 PM »

I have another board coming in on Wednesday....

When I removed the green 3.6 v battery from this newest board... ..I cleaned off corrosion around it and around D3 and D4....
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2012, 01:02:33 PM »

I guess it's a wait and see then...
John0813

« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2012, 01:06:53 PM »

I do have a brand new lithium coin battery w/legs....its voltage is 3.40...I can install that one??
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2012, 01:50:18 PM »

You can, but if you have a bad board you'll be taking it back off. Probably worth the 20 minutes of time to try it. After changing the battery you'll need to clear a couple of errors with the reset key and it's best to cash out any credits before hand if you can. No clear will be required for this
John0813

« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2012, 09:54:22 PM »

I replaced the battery...reconfigured the machine......played several games perfectly...ended with zero credits....

I turned the machine off for 3 hours...went to turn it on and the Call Attendant error came up...then 7-segment display mismatch......Turned everything off... restarted machine after about 5 minutes.....Call attendant error ..opened door...then EEPROM ERROR appeared....cleared several error messages...waited for the machine to initialize...then game started normally.....

Waited another hour....turned it on and the Call Attendant error came up...opened door..eeprom error appeared..and dots in the windows (winner paid, credit, total bets).......turned key.......some critical data will be lost...turned key....waiting to initialize.........over an hour ...nothing happens......
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2012, 10:15:34 PM »

Unless you got 2 bad MPU boards I would suspect a bad motherboard, but for shits and grins unplug the candle in the top box and try restarting it
John0813

« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2012, 10:36:17 PM »

I have another board coming on Wednesday.....

Did you say unplug the candle???  When the machine is operating correctly the candle is off....WHY THE CANDLE??
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2012, 11:39:43 PM »

A shorted candle has been known to cause differant oddball errors. Slim chance, but easy to try, no?
John0813

« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2012, 12:07:16 AM »

I will do it first things in the AM.....

Should I get another Motherboard ready in the meantime or wait until after I try the new board??

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2012, 12:27:20 AM »

I think all that cowboy is asking that you unplug the candle and try it.
If the memory holds intact after powering off the machine - then you know there's a short with the candle.
It's something to try anyways.
You might get lucky?
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2012, 12:50:52 AM »

Like Bunker stated earlier, whether you need it now or not it's a good idea to have spares for major componants back stocked
John0813

« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2012, 09:46:02 AM »

The new battery reads...2.98 v.....

I will get another motherboard

I disconnected the candle.

Now when I turn on the machine...it reads call attendant...eeprom error....I turn the jp key..it clears the errors....dots appear in the windows and the lcd reads initializing, please wait......I wait about 30 -45 minutes...nothing happens....when I turn the machine off and turn it back on after 10 -15 minutes...the same cycle repeats itself...

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2012, 10:25:15 AM »

Ok, candle wasn't an issue but it's been eliminated as a possibility to so it's progress anyway. Let us know if any thing improves with the new board and be sure to never remove or unplug anything with the machine turned on
John0813

« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2012, 10:40:31 AM »

Any thoughts why I keep getting and EEPROM ERROR...Is it located on the Motherboard?

It is as though the game memory gets "lost"....the configuration settings are still in the machine...but the program will not start....
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2012, 10:59:53 AM »

Motherboard retains the settings info and the MPU retains accounting related info. Your eprom error is likely a "read" problem associated with the ram chips or program chips on the MPU or the game would lose other settins information. Which would proba ly mean a bad chip or MPU. You might could try the ram chips from your origional board or swap sockets on the current ram chips
John0813

« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2012, 11:21:27 AM »

Thanks for the insight...will try your suggestions and get back to you later in the day....
John0813

« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2012, 09:29:53 AM »

Update....

I got my second "New" used MPU on Friday.......I installed my chips....used my clear and key chip procedure....set up the game.

played it perfectly for about 3 hours.....turned it off over night...started the game this morning and everything started correctly...

I will turn it on and off all day and report back to this posting...
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2012, 08:51:48 PM »

Update....

I got my second "New" used MPU on Friday.......I installed my chips....used my clear and key chip procedure....set up the game.

played it perfectly for about 3 hours.....turned it off over night...started the game this morning and everything started correctly...

I will turn it on and off all day and report back to this posting...

Fingers crossed, that is certainly a good sign!!! Clap

+1 (Karma, or whatever) to you for keeping at it so patiently, and  +1 (Karma, or whatever) lightning bolt KARMA STORM lightning bolt for the helpful folk on this page!

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
John0813

« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2012, 10:05:53 AM »

Turned the machine on this morning and for the second day...everything is working fine.....Thanks to all the great folks at NLG and others who stayed with me during this troubleshooting adventure.....does anyone want to guess as to what was causing the problem???? could it have been two bad MPU boards?

Thanks again.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2012, 03:08:45 PM »

Absolutely could have been. You might see if maybe Bunker is willing to take them and test them for you. I think he has a jig for that
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2012, 12:38:17 PM »

Glad it's now working and holding your settings!  applause

Absolutely could have been. You might see if maybe Bunker is willing to take them and test them for you. I think he has a jig for that

Well,...lol...all I do is take a magnifying glass
and scour through all the IC components to see if I can detect anything physically wrong.
As far as actually seeing what component is bad...well...those boards would need someone who's more familiar with board schematics
and has the know-how to test individual IC components with the right equipment
and replace them.

John0813

« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2012, 12:42:34 PM »

I want to thank you and everyone else for your help....it took over 90 hours....but it was worth it...I learned a great deal...

John
John0813

« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2012, 07:33:22 PM »

You will never believe this.....after getting my machine up and running....I did not play it for 2 days....now when I turned it on...I get the following error message......PRINTER COMMUNICATION FAILURE....everything was working correctly.....I have been trouble shooting and I downloaded the Future Logic PSA-66-001N tech manual....I have unplugged the printer..no change...I tried the I/O (4) test...no response...both red led lights are on...I removed and replaced the paper and redid the ribbon cable .... it will not give me a test print...nothing...

Should I continue with this forum topic or begin a new one??

Any help is appreciated...all previous printer setting are correct and enabled..I printed a ticket before...my last adjustment to the machine/printer menu was that I added Data Entry information. I have opened and closed the door about 50 times...no reset...just the same error message.....

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2012, 08:32:46 PM »

I'd start by narrowing it down to a definite printer failure by turning machine off, unplugging printer, turn machine on and do a netplex config from the IO tests menu
John0813

« Reply #99 on: June 19, 2012, 10:34:33 PM »

I unplugged J14 on the motherboard but power is still going to the printer and both LED lights are on...I unplugged the ribbon cable from the daughterboard...no power to the printer....did the I/O test (4)...still nothing...

Should I do a ram clear and start all over again???
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.