Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 11:37:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  S2000 is loud enough to wake the neighborhood on volume 1
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S2000 is loud enough to wake the neighborhood on volume 1  (Read 7331 times)
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« on: October 31, 2010, 11:17:18 PM »

Hi, everyone.

I got a new MPU board for my problem S2000, which fixed the Door Open MB issues I was having.  However, this machine has another interesting issue -- it's LOUD.  It was louder than my other machines before (by a long shot), but now it's even louder than before.  I have every volume option set to 1 (yes, 1, not 10 -- does it even go to 10?), and this thing is loud enough to hear in the next county.  Okay, that might be an exaggeration, but it's loud enough for my next door neighbor to hear clearly, and that's no joke.

Anyone ever encountered this before?  I need to add resistors to the speakers anyway as it's a 501 rev A board that I picked up (and it has some slight buzzing when idle), but I'm thinking I may need resistors that are about 3x the recommended strength to tame the volume on this sucker.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 12:25:17 AM »

yes, 1, not 10 -- does it even go to 10?

Nope, it goes to 11.

Crazy Crazy Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

Thanks,
Bill
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 01:04:31 AM »

Try changing your audio amp board in the topbox. If that doesn't work try a known good differant MPU board
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 01:05:13 AM »

Since resisitors are so cheap, I would suggest getting a few different values. Then you can cut and strip the proper wires, and twist in one value for testing, use a little electrical tape, power on and test! Repeat as many times as you have values to compare. Once you find the value you like add some heat shrink tubing before you solder the connections! (DO NOT BOTHER asking me why I suggest putting the heat shrink tubing on before soldering both sides of the resistor, or it would be obviously embarrasing for me! Crazy rotflmao )

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 01:40:10 AM »

. Once you find the value you like add some heat shrink tubing before you solder the connections! (DO NOT BOTHER asking me why I suggest putting the heat shrink tubing on before soldering both sides of the resistor, or it would be obviously embarrasing for me! Crazy rotflmao )

CH CaptainHappy

I'll bite  WHY?    Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing 

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 01:49:35 AM »

. Once you find the value you like add some heat shrink tubing before you solder the connections! (DO NOT BOTHER asking me why I suggest putting the heat shrink tubing on before soldering both sides of the resistor, or it would be obviously embarrasing for me! Crazy rotflmao )

CH CaptainHappy

I'll bite  WHY?   Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing  

You are gonna make me talk aren't you?????????

I knew Kevin wouldn't call me on it, but I forgot about you! Crazy wave Cry Laughing

I am pretty sure that you and everyone else know that I got it alll soldered up nice and tight when I realized that I forgot to slip the shrink tubing over the wire before soldering both sides closed! Duh! frying pan bawling hissy fit Then I had to undo my perfect work to slip the tubing over the wire so that I could resolder it and then slip the tubing over the open solder connections and resistor and heat it closed! yes muted yes

I bet that you did not get too many trick or treaters out there did you Buzz? stir the pot / get cooking I wonder if you even got any candy to give out, or were you planning to give any rare trick or treaters a coin comparitor, or an eprom or something? arrow wave Tongue Out Crazy Me, too! Cry Laughing

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 02:03:30 AM »

Same five Kids come by every year, and they give me Candy.  See every one doesn't think I'm a ( I'm trying to think of a nice word but I can't ) I'll let each and everyone pick their own word. What ever you pick, bet I've already been called it at least once !!!!!!!!!!!!    applause applause applause applause

Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 02:22:54 AM »

Man, I'd trick or treat at Buzz's if he was handing out decals, printer paper, and bulbs!  That would be awesome!

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 04:38:57 AM »

I heard there is heat shrink tape or some such thing for when you forget to put the tubing on first.
I saw it one or 2 times in one of the catalogs but cant remember which one.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 10:13:09 AM »

I wonder if it would work if you slit one down the side then just slip it over and put some heat onto it?
Personally I never use them but I do like the idea.
I never found that stuff anywhere cheap.
I could probably use a whole roll of various sizes...lol
Good old black electrical tape with a small plastic tie wrap works for me.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 01:37:13 PM »

I wonder if it would work if you slit one down the side then just slip it over and put some heat onto it?
Personally I never use them but I do like the idea.
I never found that stuff anywhere cheap.
I could probably use a whole roll of various sizes...lol
Good old black electrical tape with a small plastic tie wrap works for me.

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?category=&q=shrink+tube

ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 02:10:14 PM »

Same five Kids come by every year, and they give me Candy.  See every one doesn't think I'm a ( I'm trying to think of a nice word but I can't ) I'll let each and everyone pick their own word. What ever you pick, bet I've already been called it at least once !!!!!!!!!!!!    applause applause applause applause
HALLOWEEN AT BUZZ HOUSE !!

THE KIDS THAT COME MUST BE IN THERE LATE 20'S BY NOW LMAO
BUZZ --DRESSES UP WITH >>PETER FALK'S <<>>OF T.V.'S COLUMBO SERIES  TRENCH COAT <<<<WHEN HE OPENS THE DOOR !!

HE GREAT'S THEM WITH THE WHOOPS !!  THE WIND BLEW THE  COAT OPEN TRICK ..LOL

sorry Buzz t was a easy shot !!  

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 03:18:33 PM »

"Whoops"...LOL  Rocket...Rocket...Your mind is wonderful.... rotflmao

Hey Buzz!
Great link for the shrink tubing rolls!  applause
I'd greatly prefer to get full length rolls than individual scrappy little pieces...
What's the best size of roll tubing to get?
I've never bought this stuff before.

Knagl,
I have a spare S2000 MPU...
You want me to ship it to you so you can try it on your machine?
If it works - you have to give me a PE+ cabinet...lol ( just kidding)
PM me your address and I'll send you my MPU.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 03:24:15 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2010, 03:26:06 PM »

MR. Moderator  I have a request, change the name of this thread to Pick on Buzz thread.
 Sorry Kevin no one gives a shit if your machine is to LOUD. ( duct tape covering  the speakers works for us Okies )  I did this to my first machine, a S+ I didn't know it had a blue knob. Well I did know it had a blue knob, but that was the knob that changed the % payout. TRUE STORY

I might as well tell another story,  I have this hot tub/spa, last winter I decide to take a dip. Now I don't wear much of anything in the spa. I'm kicked back have the stereo on, cup of coffee sitting in the holder and it starts to snow. Now it's not one of those shows that come straight down, it's one of these sideways snows that the wind is driving, and a wet snow if you know what I'm saying. I look over and the snow is sticking big time to my robe, ( boy it's going to be cold if I put it on ) So here I am running around stark naked trying to get the cover back on the spa, You have heard the expression don't let so and so hit you in the ass. NO ONE TOLD THE SNOW THAT.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2010, 03:32:30 PM »

rotflmao It doesn't snow in California!  SpongeBob Butt  cheese
At least that's what I've always heard....lol
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2010, 03:55:00 PM »

Bunker  you want the smallest size they have. When I get around to sending you that big candle I'll send you a roll.

Yes it does snow in the Golden State. Matter of fact I can see the ski slopes from my back yard. I tell people I can see the skiers sliding down the Mt. That's BS, with a telescope I could see them. It's about 15 miles as the crow fly's.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2010, 04:01:05 PM »

Thanks Buzz...That's awessome!  YOU ROCK!!!
I PM'd ya!  Mail
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2010, 04:19:22 PM »

Mark-  Thanks for your offer, but I have two other working S2000's that I can swap those boards out.  This machine has been the problem child since the moment I got it.  It was loud with the old MPU board, too, so I'm going to try cowboygames' suggestion and swap out the audio amplifier board in the top box to see if that makes a difference.

Even with the old flaky MPU board, the game was louder than the others (just not as loud as it is now), so it may be that amp board.  If I can fix it with resistors, I will, since this one was bought to re-sell anyway.  I just didn't expect to have to put this much time into it...

Buzz- My first PE+ had tape over the speaker opening to "turn down the volume."  I guess they didn't know about the payout percentage adjustment knob volume knob either.  arrow

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.