Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 12:35:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Tray speaker with a DSV00042
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tray speaker with a DSV00042  (Read 2248 times)
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 233

« on: November 01, 2010, 02:48:57 PM »

Ok guys, experiment time.  In my Triple Lucky 7's game I'm using a DSV00042.  My S2000 has the resistor mod applied to all three speakers to remove buzz and static.  Works great.  When this mod was applied, I had to readjust my volume as the resistors cut the volume way down.  When I have the sounds set to "Legacy" I run the volume setting on 10.  It's not distorted at all and is a great setting point for home use.  Now, onto the experiment:

I'm and audio/home theater guy and love great sound.  That said, I'm going to run the DSV00042 on the "preferred" setting.  At the same volume level as described above, there are couple of reel spin jingles in the "preferred" setting that seem to really push the lower end frequencies thus creating what appears to be bottoming out the tray speaker...again, the volume level is not high by any means.  I received a replacement speaker to test with from Dan (usautoservice) last week (thanks again Dan), and the sound issue is somewhat similar.  Since both speakers are technically used, I'm wondering if a new one would do the same thing.

I'm going to be testing out idesign's full range mod this week on the tray speaker to see what happens too:  http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=142.0  (I'll report back on this topic too)

Audio tweaking can be such a subjective area to troubleshoot since our hearing and preferences all differ so much.  I guess my question to you guys is, are there certain DSV00042 "preferred" reel spin jingles that appear to stress your tray speaker when the lower frequencies play?

Thanks,
Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
idesign
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 03:46:36 PM »

Jason,

The mod brings up the bass quite a bit.  The sound in general is vastly improved......and if you can get yourself a 504 Rev. B MPU board you can get rid of all those resistors.
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 04:02:04 PM »

Jeff, just got the cable in the mail and connected it up to the amp board.  Sounds great in my opinion!  Just replied the main thread detailing the mod.  Thanks again!

Yeah, I'm still not certain of the rev B board yet.  Lotta bones to shell out for the "unknown" return in sound, and the resistor mod is working fine.  But believe me the curiosity is bubbling.  Wink

Thanks,
Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.