Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:41:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  CG ROM Error, Please help!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CG ROM Error, Please help!!!  (Read 2673 times)
Inieas
Of all the things i have lost I miss my mind the most
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

Keeping the years down is hard, but staying young

« on: November 15, 2010, 02:25:35 AM »

Hi,

I had a IGT iGame game with Power Supply problems. I repaired the power supply and 2 days later the machine comes up with the EEPROM Error and when u turn the reset key, it shows CGRom Configurations Error. Ram Clearing the machine doesn't remove the error. I then replaced the game with new chips, CGRom and PXL. It lasted 2 days exactly again when it brought up the same error. Has anyone ever come across this before? Could it be the MPU that is Faulty? Or is the power supply still causing errors?

Please help?!

If I cant fix it, I will find a way or bug someone till they tell me how!
Hvymetal
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 01:38:11 AM »

How is the CG slot? I mean what condition is it in?
Inieas
Of all the things i have lost I miss my mind the most
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

Keeping the years down is hard, but staying young

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 02:22:05 AM »

Hi,

It is clean, I have even put the Board into a solder bath to make sure there is no dry joints. I also washed all connectors.

If I cant fix it, I will find a way or bug someone till they tell me how!
Hvymetal
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 03:07:15 AM »

I've never had a power supply cause a CG error that I know of, if you are getting the right voltages an they are steady then that should eliminate the power supply, usually if the CG is bad the problem is not intermittentent.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.