Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:15:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM WBA 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 20, 21, 22, and 23 Bill Validators
| | |-+  Transport speed error ... How to correct?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Transport speed error ... How to correct?  (Read 2448 times)
Bigcheeze
« on: November 20, 2010, 01:51:26 AM »

I apologize for asking yet another question but my JCM WBA13ss will not take any bills.  I hear it cycle at machine power on (a bit loud).  I read the CDS Big Cheese user manual and I believe it was in 'Machine Test' that it indicated I had a Transport Speed error when testing 'Bill Val'.

I could use a bit of advice about how to solve this.  I didn't see a solution in the JCM manual or the CDS Big Cheese manual... at least I tried.

Thanks in advance, BigCheese (Mike)
Bigcheeze
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 03:01:51 PM »

I think I may have narrowed down the source of the problem for my BILL BAL / TRANSPORT SPEED error.

I removed the WBA 13 from my BIG CHEESE.  I don't really know what type of problem I expected to discover but it looked fine (IMO).  It didn't appear that the gears were binding, or old lubricant was old and thick.  And I didn't find a $100 bill jammed in it, which is what I was hoping for.

So then I looked at the cash box that holds the bills.  There are 2 gears on the end.  I figured out how the stacker arm stacks the bills in the box and it moved without binding.

Then I tried turning the white gear on the left side of the photo below with my fingers.  It has rollers that move the bill.  I expected it to turn rather freely but it takes more effort than I expected.  It doesn't look like this box is made to be disassembled so do I just spray it with a lubricant or is it best to replace the box?

I ask about the lubricant spray because if I get it on the 'bill rollers' wont that make it difficult for the rollers to move the bill?

Thanks in advance,

BigCheese (Mike)

* IMAG0047.jpg (1212.97 KB, 3264x1952 - viewed 362 times.)
Bigcheeze
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 02:07:25 PM »

The WBA 13 in my CDS Big Cheese is now working.  I wish that I could tell you what the problem and solution were, but I don't know.

All I did was:
    - download the WBA 13 manual from the WBA webpage
    - ran through the diagnostics using the dip switch on the WBA 13 (diagnotics showed no errors)
    - put the dip switches back in their original position which was all up or all down (don't have it in front of me right now)
    - used the atttendant switch on the side of the cabinet to reset the slot

After that, it worked.  It runs slower than I expect and it's noisier than I expect, but it runs just fine.

All I have to do now is change a few chaser lights and enjoy the game.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.