Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 09:38:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  MEI Mars Bill Validators
| | |-+  Mars ZT1101 validator
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mars ZT1101 validator  (Read 7483 times)
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« on: November 24, 2008, 09:36:57 PM »

I have a  Mars zt1101 validator from my Odysseys that went DOA. When I power it up the red lights flash then the unit is dead. I swapped it with the units in my other odysseys and got the same results. I put a working one in this machine and it works so I know it's the validator and not this machine. I have zero experience with MEI validators and any help would be appreciated.  Scratch Head

ChrisK
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 01:16:31 AM »

I am having the same problem with the ZT1101 validator on my Odyssey as well. It has been four months since your post, did you resolve the problem? If so, maybe you could point me in the right direction. I was even looking to see if MEI had an upgraded model to replace the ZT1101, but can't find anything. I wish I had an answer for both of us but am pretty much stuck. Thanks.
Chris K.
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 07:54:14 PM »

I lucked out and found a parts machine with the validator in tact and working. In my search I did find a guy with several working Odyssey monitors if you know of anyone looking for one let me know.

D

Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 08:39:45 PM »

Have you tried the vendors at the top of the page. Maybe they have a unit you can purchase.  If not  Happ  does repairs,   and you might check out a MEI  distributor in your area .  or go to their home office web  in West Chester, PA  and find the nearest dist.  These are also used in music and games units.  probably with different software.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
ChrisK
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 09:34:15 PM »

Thanks, guys.
If replacing the unit will actually work, that's the direction I'm heading. I did talk to MEI's tech guy. He was helpful and directed me to Happ in Las Vegas. Happ's tech support guy told me that there's not too many who will work on the ZT-1101 since they are obsolete and parts are hard to come by. What he did offer though was that the ZT-1200 series is still active and would work for the Odyssey application.  I have to call back to Happ's customer service desk and should be able to get one from them.
Did anyone have any configuration issues when plugging in the new Mars' unit? I just want to know what surprises might lie ahead. My Odyssey has been reconfigured to fit in a Cherry Master upright but I believe all the software and hardware (minus external game buttons) are all there. I appreciate the help, thanks again.
Chris K.
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 10:31:32 PM »

I have many 1101's if you want instead of changing to the 1200, I don't know if the software is newer than the new $20 though

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
ChrisK
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 10:38:55 PM »

Great, can you give me a quote including S&H?
Thanks.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.