Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:22:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Can not clear error 61 on S+ double diamond deluxe flat top
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can not clear error 61 on S+ double diamond deluxe flat top  (Read 6199 times)
happyair
« on: December 10, 2010, 01:29:00 PM »

Hi, I am looking for helps on my old s+ machine. This machine has been stored for a long time and it has no battery on the board and the game chip is SP733 ( is this correct game chip?). I installed a new battery and got error 61 so I used the clear chip IVC103 (correct?) and followed the instruction to change the jumber to pin 2 and 3. However the machine never did random number (999) when I hit the "Spin Reel". I continued and swap the game chip back and put the jumber back to pin 1 and 2, then press the white test button and get 61 1 when I turn the reset key, it went back to 61 again not 65 1 or 65 3 as it is supposed to do.
I thought that i might have a bad board so I switch out the board ( working) with the other game (triple dollar S+) which also strangly has 733 game chip on it. I got exactly the same results when I tried to do clear chip and then clear error 61. My question is
1. Is the game chip SP733 correct for double diamond deluxe (nudge)
2. Is the clear chip IVC103 good for these machines
3. The board does not look to be a problem right as I have the same problem with the working board.
4. What should try next?
Thx in advance
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 01:57:13 PM »

1. Yes, the SP733 supports type 5 (nudging) games, so it will work
2. Yes, the clear chip is correct, although it's rare that you need to use it, but the 61 loop that you're stuck in is generally the time to use it
3. I agree, you shouldn't have the same problem with two different boards, so your board is likely okay
4. What to try next:

Are you closing the door before you turn the jackpot reset key, once you have the 61-1?  If not, get to 61-1, make sure the cash can door is closed, make sure the main door is completely closed and fully latched, and then try turning the jackpot reset key.

If you are still having trouble, try the clear chip again.  You SHOULD see numbers changing on the display when you do it, so if you don't then something's wrong (perhaps a faulty clear chip).  Also, I've never heard of having to move jumpers for the clear chip to work -- what are your jumpers set at now?

Please follow these directions to a "T" to do the clear procedure.  In particular, note that you have to press the white Self Test button to start the clear process, which you didn't mention doing:

Open the door, power off, remove the tray and hopper from the machine.
Take out the MPU board and place it on the bench with good lighting.
Remove the "Game Prom" SP chip from the U52 socket location.
Install the Ram Clear chip here.
Make sure the eprom notch is facing towards the etched print on the board that says "Game Prom".
Adjust the blue potentiometer volume to the middle position for sound.
With the power off, place the MPU back into the machine.
Leave the hopper and tray out for now.

Turn the power switch on.
If your speakers work, you should hear a "ding".
Look at the display on the front door.
There should be a [zero] in the Winner Paid window and a [zero] in the Coins Played window.
Open the door slightly, reach in and press the little white Test button once - while keeping an eye on the front door's display panel.

Get used to seeing how this Clearing process works.
You'll hear another "ding"
The Winner Paid window will change to a [0-2], and the credits will run a count-up until it displays [999].
It will stop as if nothing is happening except for the bottom half of your candle flashing like crazy.  This means the Clear process is finished.
If you want to see it again, press the little white Test button again. It doesn't hurt to run the Clear process over again. At least you'll get to see what you missed the first time...lol
Open the door, turn off the power, remove the MPU board and bring it back to the bench.

Now, remove the Clear chip from the socket, and re-install the SP Game chip with the notch in the correct direction. (Which is facing away from the blue volume adjustment potentiometer dial)
Go ahead and put the whole thing back into the machine, along with the hopper and coin tray.
Turn on the power switch.

See the [61] in the Winner Paid window?
Reach in and hold in the little white Test button while counting "one thousand one, one thousand two" or hum a short little tune. rotflmao (sorry ...that's what I do anyways...lol)

Anyways, the Winner Paid should now show [61-1] after a "ding" sound.
Close the door fully, look at the candle.
The bottom one is going flashing like nuts but along with the top one- which is blinking slowly.
This means you're still messing around with the machine...lol
Nah...lol ...Actually it means your door was recently opened and the bottom flashing means the machine is in repair mode.

Now for the moment of truth - turn the Reset key on the side of the machine.
If you get another error such as [65-3], turn the reset key again and you should get a [65-1]
open the door and hold in the little white Test button for a couple of secs.
The display panel will go out like it died.
Cross your fingers now.
Wait a few seconds.
The [zero] comes on in the Coins Played window, and reels start their "maiden spin"!!!!!!
Close the door and the "Insert Coins" light should come on ready
and waiting for you to start playing your machine!!!!
Dance a little jig of happiness...lol
Dancing Party

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 03:27:21 PM »

...so I used the clear chip IVC103 (correct?) and followed the instruction to change the jumber to pin 2 and 3. However the machine never did random number (999) when I hit the "Spin Reel". I continued and swap the game chip back and put the jumber back to pin 1 and 2, .....

Just curious, what jumper are you changing and why? Swapping the game chip and clear chip should not require any jumpers moved. If you are changing the ROM size jumper for the wrong size chip, it will never work right.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 03:42:57 PM by poppo » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 03:53:41 PM »

It's pretty obvious to me that he's using some ebay copy of a Clear chip
that was probably burned on the wrong sized eprom - hence the directions state
for him to switch the jumpers located next to the socket.
Can I see a copy of those instructions?
I'm wondering who the heck made these junks?  bust gut laughing
I want to pick on them....lol

In the future happyair, buy chips from vendors listed on top of the homepage here on NLG...
Not only will you get originals or in the correct sized eproms - they will work!
and you will be happy! lol
poppo

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 04:00:30 PM »

It's pretty obvious to me that he's using some ebay copy of a Clear chip that was probably burned on the wrong sized eprom - hence the directions state for him to switch the jumpers located next to the socket.

I was just wondering if the directions were actually for the chip he has or he has the right chip, but wrong directions. It could explain why the clear did not work as expected. Although I don't think that is the 61 problem. I've had a 61 that took a couple of tries to clear (i.e. get 61-1, close door, reset and 61 comes back). Usually doing it a few times finally clears it.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 04:02:49 PM »

If not, a good swift kick to it works wonders! lol
happyair
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 03:17:40 AM »

Thank you for all replys. I did get the clear and set BV chip off the ebay. I used the same clear chip (IVC103) but follow teh instruction from knagl and was able to clear the error 61. I guessed it means that the instruction from ebay seller is wrong as it asked to change the jumper setting and never asked me to press the self test button to get the machine to redo the random number. Anyway I followed Knagl's instruction and get all error clear. Then I continue on enabling the BV using chip #15 and that where I made a mistake. I took the game chip out and put #15 in. turn on the machine but nothing happen. Then I took out the MDU and realized that I have put chip#15 the wrong way (notch point to the other end) so I took it out and put it back the other way. This time, the machine turn on and it showed 0 so I followed the instruction and was able to enable BV ( 9 1) and reset the denomination (10). I then turn the machine off and took #15 chip out and put the game chip back in, then turn the machine back on. But nothing happen, no display. I took MPU out and again realize that I have wrongly put game chip (notch). I took the game chip and out and out it back the correct way and then turn the machine back on. Now the machine will not show anything on display at all. Do I fried my game chip? I suspected that I might have fried my game chip so I took another game chip ( same 733 game from triple dollar machine) and put in this game. When I turn the machine on with this new game chip, the machine will show error 61 and I can not clear it even I followed Knagl's instruction and use the clear chip (IVC103). It will redo the random number but after the number change to 61 1, it will change to 65 1 or 65 3. I even tired with another working MPU and it has the results. By the way, I did 2-3 times of the clear chip procedure and it still does not do it. Should I keep doing it? What shoud I do next?
thx pk
poppo

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 03:35:22 AM »

Do I fried my game chip? I suspected that I might have fried my game chip so I took another game chip ( same 733 game from triple dollar machine) and put in this game. When I turn the machine on with this new game chip, the machine will show error 61 and I can not clear it even I followed Knagl's instruction and use the clear chip (IVC103). It will redo the random number but after the number change to 61 1, it will change to 65 1 or 65 3. I even tired with another working MPU and it has the results. By the way, I did 2-3 times of the clear chip procedure and it still does not do it. Should I keep doing it? What shoud I do next?
thx pk

Yeah, you probably toasted the chip by putting it in backward.

65-1 should be cleared by opening the door and press the self test for 1 to 2 seconds. That should  get you back to 61 then 61-1. 65-3 can be cleared by turning the reset key a few times or using the set chip. Stop using the clear chip as it will just make you have to start all over. BTW, if you put in another MPU, you will get errors like 65-1 etc, because the EEPROM on the motherboard will not match the data on the MPU. So expect errors when swapping MPUs back and forth.

Use this as a guide to clearing errors
http://www.newlifegames.net/igterrors/
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 03:51:00 AM by poppo » Logged
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 06:52:39 AM »

It will redo the random number but after the number change to 61 1, it will change to 65 1 or 65 3.

First, yes, you likely fried your chip by putting it in backwards.  Always match the notch on the chip to the notch on the socket.

Second, as poppo mentioned and linked to, 65-1 or 65-3 is perfectly normal after clearing a 61 error -- you were almost there!  Follow the directions in the link he just posted.

Specifically, for 65-3, turn the jackpot reset key.  For 65-1, press the self test button for a few seconds.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
happyair
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 12:57:45 PM »

Sorry I have a typo in my previous reply, what i meant is I took another game chip ( same 733 game from triple dollar machine) and put in this game. When I turn the machine on with this new game chip in the same MPU,  the machine will show error 61 and I can not clear it even I followed Knagl's instruction and use the clear chip (IVC103). It will redo the random number but after the number change to 61 1, it WILL NOT change to 65 1 or 65 3 when I turn the jackpot reset key. Should I keep doing it? What shoud I do next?
poppo

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, 02:04:51 PM »

Sorry I have a typo in my previous reply, what i meant is I took another game chip ( same 733 game from triple dollar machine) and put in this game. When I turn the machine on with this new game chip in the same MPU,  the machine will show error 61 and I can not clear it even I followed Knagl's instruction and use the clear chip (IVC103). It will redo the random number but after the number change to 61 1, it WILL NOT change to 65 1 or 65 3 when I turn the jackpot reset key. Should I keep doing it? What shoud I do next?

Don't worry about not getting the 65. You won't always get it. Just clear whatever errors you do get. On the 61 press the reset for 2 seconds until it dings and it should change to to 61-1. Then close the door and turn the reset key. Then it will either be ready to play or you may get another error. If so, just keep following the directions in that link to clear them. And again you really need to stop using the clear chip. It will just keep resetting things and you will have to start all over.
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2010, 06:05:17 PM »

And again you really need to stop using the clear chip. It will just keep resetting things and you will have to start all over.

Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post

Thanks,
Bill
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 03:00:05 AM »

As poppo mentioned, but I want to underline it, once you have the 61-1, CLOSE THE DOOR, then turn the jackpot reset key.  The machine will not move past a 61-1 if the door is open.  Make sure the cash can and belly doors are fully closed, too.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.