Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:38:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  5500 Pro Slot Machine Error Code 81 Wont Go Away
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 5500 Pro Slot Machine Error Code 81 Wont Go Away  (Read 9736 times)
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

« on: December 23, 2010, 08:08:41 PM »

I just got a Bally 5500 slot and changed the battery as well and I am having the same problem every time I turn the machine on i still get error code 81.

I am thinking that I have a broken trace somewhere that will let the machine know that the battery voltage is there.

Any recommendations to what pin on the ram should be checked for battery power????

I ordered the RAMClear set prior to finding the form..... Will these help or do I have another problem that needs to be addressed???

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 08:26:24 PM »

Should have a small jumper at JW 12 It's also marked BATT  ( located about 1/2 inch from the + end of battery )

Can you post the numbers on the 4 eproms located U 3, 4, 12, and 15  Numbers off just one of the four is all that's needed.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 08:42:51 PM »

I forgot to mention.

I see that, the person that had the machine before me had off set the jumpper....

I thought the problem would have been solved by appling the jumpper to the two pins.....

I place the jumpper on the pins and am still getting the same error 81.

As soon as I get home from work I will get the EPROM information you are requesting....

Thanks,
Mike
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 08:52:37 PM »

I forgot to mention.

I see that, the person that had the machine before me had off set the jumpper....

I thought the problem would have been solved by appling the jumpper to the two pins.....

As soon as I get home from work I will get the EPROM information you are requesting....

Thanks,
Mike

The eprom numbers have nothing to do with the 81 your getting, If those 4 chips have a number 92000 on them you will not need a clear set to do a clear. doing a clear with a 81 won't do any good either

Any chance you installed the battery backwards? Forgive me but I had to ask.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 09:18:25 PM »

I forgot to mention.

Thanks,
Mike

The eprom numbers have nothing to do with the 81 your getting, If those 4 chips have a number 92000 on them you will not need a clear set to do a clear. doing a clear with a 81 won't do any good either

Any chance you installed the battery backwards? Forgive me but I had to ask.

LOL about the battery, I do have children and they can be a distraction.....

The battery is installed correctly.... The DMM does indicate +3.9 from ground to the leg from the previous battery.

The EPROM's start with a 94 I believe.....

I will reaffirm when I get home...

Thanks,
Mike
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 09:51:55 PM »

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=5408.msg93621#msg93621  see this post

W

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 04:14:18 AM »

So I got home and did battery check just to make sure I didn't mess up Silly Me!.... So the battery is soldered in correct.

I flow soldered the 2 connectors on the back of the board. I then reinstalled the board and I am still getting that fricken Error 81

Hail Soooooo, what do you think the next step is???     Hail

Is it possable that the person that had the slot machine before me may of swaped boards?

All help is great... If I need to I can include pictures
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 09:46:53 PM »

So I have traced the power from the battery to pin 6 of U56.

With the IC in the circuit the power from the battery reads flat (0 volts) I removed the IC very carefully and now I get the 3.6 volts from the battery. I don’t know if this is supposed to function like this with the IC is circuit.

The IC part number is a TLC 372CP
Specs on the IC: http://www.chipcatalog.com/TI/TLC372CP.htm

Does anybody have any suggestions????

Thanks in Advance,
Mike
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com ™    Newlifegames.net ™    Newlifegames.org ™
   New Life Games ™    NewLifeGames ™  NLG ™ We Bring new Life to old Games ™    1-888-NLG-SLOTS ™
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.