Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:24:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  S+ Not Accepting Coins or Bills..
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S+ Not Accepting Coins or Bills..  (Read 20747 times)
Jacell3
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: December 23, 2010, 11:50:56 PM »

Hi everyone i'm new to this site and am in need of some knowledge please...I have just bought a Haywire Deluxe from an auction and was not working, just would light up.Got home with it and hit the reset and that got the reels to spin.The problem i have now is it will not take any dollars it takes them in and spits it back out. The other issue i am having is the coin falls straight through. Is the coin comparitor supposed to light up because mine does not when the door is open. The candle on top(the red light is flashing fast).  Thank you for your time , John
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 11:55:20 PM »

Is it an IGT S+ or a 2000?
What code comes up in display?
Ford
Jacell3

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 12:03:02 AM »

Not sure where to check that on the machine...It says it was Mfg.  11/94 if that will help..Sorry new at this stuff..I don't have any error code in the winner box.
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 12:39:25 AM »

Please Post Pictures Please Post Pictures Please Post Pictures
Jacell3

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 12:54:43 AM »

Here is a pic.

* haywire deluxe.jpg (10.23 KB, 167x300 - viewed 438 times.)
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 01:00:21 AM »

OK, You have an S-Plus machine. Open door, turn it on and then close door completely. What happens when you close the door and what numbers show in the display windows
tollguy316
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 01:01:26 AM »

It's an S+ machine.    Are there any codes (#'s) on the reel display ?  In regards to coins dropping to the money tray.... open the door and check the coin comparitor.  Is there a quarter in it already ?  If so; reseat it as it may have come dislodged while moving it.    In regards to the bill validator... It mat have / or not have an updated chip for the new bills.  Only try $1 bills for the time being  ... or both new and old $5's and $10's.  
Jacell3

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2010, 01:10:32 AM »

Ok i did just that nothing is showing up.  Qauter falls straight through but the 5 dollar bill took and cashed it out .
tollguy316

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2010, 01:19:42 AM »

The bill acceptor works; you just need to alter the setting to accumulate credits.... that's a good thing.  Again; open the door and look at the coin comparitor.  If there is a quarter in it... then remove it and put it in again.  Close the door and give it a try.    Bill
Jacell3

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2010, 01:24:57 AM »

After i had put the 5 in there is 20 in the winner box and 5 in credits box flashing ..Quater still falls through after i tried replacing it. Could the coin comparitor be bad since the green light is not lite.Ok the bill part works had to hit the cash button so i would not csh out...Wow i feel dumb..Now for the coin comparitor still no go.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 01:53:33 AM by Jacell3 » Logged
tollguy316

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2010, 02:02:19 AM »

Disconnect the coin comparitor... check the pins to make sure none are bent... Reconnect it.. Try a different quarter in the spring-load slot that holds the quarter... There is also a sensitivity control. Turn It counter clockwise all the way.....
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 04:41:55 PM by tollguy316 » Logged
Jacell3

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2010, 02:09:21 AM »

The pins all looked good but still no luck..Works great with paper money but not with the coins.I played it for awhile and was wondering if it is supposed to actually go haywire the reason i say that it goes crazy once in awhile sounds all scrambled . I just wanted to thank you all for your help tonight.. I will try to tinker with it some more tomorrow.. Thanks again everyone
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 02:24:21 AM by Jacell3 » Logged
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2010, 02:29:38 AM »

As just mentioned in a different thread, you may try turning the sensitivity pot all the way to the - sign. Turn it back and forth a few times first. It's in the lower right corner.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2010, 01:32:06 PM »

Is the coin comparitor supposed to light up because mine does not when the door is open.
The candle on top(the red light is flashing fast).  

The LED light on the coin comparator is supposed to be off when the door is open.
The bottom half of the candle flashing fast is telling you the "door is open".

Take a look at your coin comparator.
See the 2 gray wire on top of it?
Wiggle them a little then try closing the door fully and dropping in a coin.
I want to know what number you have in the "Coins Played"
display before and after you close the door.
Remember, the more you tell us - the more we'll tell you..! yes
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2010, 04:19:36 PM »

Hijack Bunker Yesterday I was cleaning one of the last S+ machines I have left ( It's sold ) and I noticed the comparator had Green wires. "What the hell" at somepoint I must have installed the wrong one by mistake. (I switch it to a 24 volt,)  but the point being I had a 13 volt CC where a 24 volt should be and it worked fine.

I have a Williams Model 40X Big Bang Pig If I remember correctly it should have a 12 volt comparator, I didn't have the right one so I installed a CC 16 D 24 it works fine. After starting this post I took some time and installed this same CC 16 D 13 V in a Williams 40X, S+, Bally 5500, S 2000, and a Game King.  What does all this prove, only that I do a lot of experimenting and the only machines I have that a CC 16 D 13 V will not work in is a CDS, but nothing will make a CDS work. CDS is just another work for I hate Buzz.  Actually CDS in my home have a perfect record 8 out of 8 don't work.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2010, 04:36:08 PM »

wow...I don't know how you got away with that.
24 volts applied to a 13V coin comparator usually blows them up within seconds.
You must have strong comparators! lol
I wonder if the latest 13V coin mechs have some type of voltage suppressor in them?  Scratch Head 3

Anyways, the general rule of thumb is that you stick the coin mechs with the 2 grays wires into S+'s, PE+'s, Bally 5500 & 6000's...
The ones with 2 green wires are usually for s2000's and newer machines.
For those of you that are wondering...the two colored wires (gray or green ones) I'm talking about
are for the solenoid coil that controls the coin rake located behind the mech body.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 04:41:27 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2010, 04:49:33 PM »

Oh I forgot to try one in a PE+.  Maybe after while I will. Got to get to house cleaning for tomorow.

Mark have you actually burned up a 13 V in a 24 V machine? 

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2010, 04:54:07 PM »

lol yeah...last year sometime...
I grabbed one next to the S+ machine I was working on - thinking it was a 24 volt CC.
Didn't even look at it as I was talking to somebody.
All I heard was "Phzzyytt"   I opened the door and actually saw smoke!
and it smelled like burned out transistors.   face in palm

It lasted about 5 - 6 seconds maybe ...tops
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2010, 05:07:53 PM »

lol yeah...last year sometime...
I grabbed one next to the S+ machine I was working on - thinking it was a 24 volt CC.
Didn't even look at it as I was talking to somebody.
All I heard was "Phzzyytt"   I opened the door and actually saw smoke!
and it smelled like burned out transistors.   face in palm

It lasted about 5 - 6 seconds maybe ...tops

Must have been one of those East Coast 13 Volt CC.  West of the Mississippi they make stuff tougher.

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2010, 05:25:08 PM »

wondering if it is supposed to actually go haywire the reason i say that it goes crazy once in awhile sounds all scrambled

Yes, hence the name.  Certain pays will "go haywire" and repeat the pays (as it says on your paytable glass), with the scrambled audio.  Of note, you have the wrong belly glass -- your game is a Double Jackpot Haywire game, not Haywire Deluxe.

You will not see the light on the coin comparator light up, as it is only active when the door is closed and latched.  Please post a (bigger) picture of the coin comparator inside the door so we can give you better guidance as to how to get it working.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2010, 06:38:13 PM »

Kevin  By PMs I have had him take the coin optic apart and clean it. The pesudo coin button works, and the rake is blocked open. It still won't reg. a credit, I'm thinking he must have a bad coin optic or optics.  Any of your thoughts wil help.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2010, 06:56:08 PM »

Remember, snipping off the Q2 on the coin-in optics makes them accept EVERY time!  rotflmao
It's a perfect mod for a home/basement machine!
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2010, 07:35:37 PM »

My only other thought is that perhaps it has large coin stuff and that's why it's not working with a quarter (and perhaps also if it doesn't have the correct plastic piece in the optics to push the coins in front of the optics).

If he had a good coin in there and every coin in was still dropping to the tray, that doesn't point to the optics.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2010, 07:52:25 PM »

the coin divertor could be out too...
they should be dropping to the hopper instead.
You need a good signal from the coin comparator to do that though.
He should do the Input coin tests.
Jacell3

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2010, 08:31:10 PM »

Here is a pic of the coin comparitor... I was wondering why it said Double Jackpot Haywire on the top glass and Haywire Deluxe on the bottom...I need to find me the right glass so it is correct..Thank You for pointing that out.

* coin comparitor.jpg (404.02 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 277 times.)
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.