Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:18:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  S+ Not Accepting Coins or Bills..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S+ Not Accepting Coins or Bills..  (Read 20721 times)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2010, 08:37:50 PM »

The rake is open so all coins are going to the hopper ( I think they always have ) but none register.  I would think even if he had a dollar coin spacer every now and then one would get counted.

I just saw your pic.  you don't have a token in the comparator and dropping quarters in do you??

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2010, 08:39:11 PM »

Heh.

The coin that is in there is a token, not a quarter.  Since you're putting in quarters, they're getting rejected because they don't match the sample coin that is in the comparator (the token).  Replace the sample coin with a quarter and you should be in business, at least in getting coins accepted past the comparator.

Fast forward to 1:15 in if you'd like to see a video of someone replacing the sample coin:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/s8qEKXjT3lg&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/s8qEKXjT3lg&rel=0</a>

Buzz- I agree, even with the dollar spacer he should get credits occasionally and/or coin-in tilts.  I'm trying to tackle one issue at a time, though...
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 08:45:59 PM by knagl » Logged

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Jacell3
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2010, 08:41:08 PM »

I have tried it both ways and still nothing...I tried a quarter and a token..Shouldn't it reject it instead of letting it go to the hopper.. I have a quarter in it now and tried putting a token to see if it would reject it but it goes straight to the hopper instead of rejecting it.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 09:02:16 PM by Jacell3 » Logged
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2010, 09:29:05 PM »

Buzz mentioned that in a private message he had you disable the rake in the comparator.  Re-enable that, as it's used to reject non-matching coins to the tray (as it had been before you disabled it), then try it.  Matching coins to the one in the comparator should fall into the hopper (and give credit, but that's another issue we'll tackle after we get the comparator working), and non-matching coins should be rejected to the coin tray.

Since you're using quarters in the machine, you MUST have a quarter in the comparator.  Unless you are using those exact tokens in the machine, you need to remove that token (and thow it away if it's the only token like that that you have).

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Jacell3

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2010, 09:33:02 PM »

I put a quater in took the paper out off the rake and now it rejects the qauters to the tray.
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2010, 09:36:18 PM »

I'm assuming you already turned the sensitivity all the way CCW?
Jacell3

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2010, 09:38:37 PM »

Yes i have it all the way towards the plus sign.... Is that correct ?
poppo

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2010, 09:42:31 PM »

Yes i have it all the way towards the plus sign.... Is that correct ?

No, the other way. You want it less sensitive.
Jacell3

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2010, 09:45:17 PM »

I turned it all the way the other direction and it still rejects the quater to the tray.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2010, 09:58:53 PM »

Just some other thoughts on this, as I'm not there to see what you're doing.

When you close the door, make sure the door is completely closed and the latch is all the way down.  Wait a few seconds after closing the door before trying to insert the coin (in fact, the "insert bills" bezel above the bill validator opening should be lit up before you can insert a coin).  Then try a quarter.

There could be an issue with a dirty pot in the coin comparator.  Using your small screwdriver, turn the dial all the way back and forth a few times to make sure it's making a good contact, ending up dialing it away from the plus.  Dial it all the way away from the plus until it stops, and then back towards the plus just a smidge.

Using a tiny screwdriver, adjust that counter-clockwise (away from the +) to make the comparator less sensitive and more likely to accept a coin.

Make sure that the sample coin is correctly inserted.  It should rest in the grooves of the comparator, with both ends touching the contacts from the slider thing and the edge of the comparator.  Make sure that the sample coin is clean and in good condition.

Jacell3

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2010, 10:10:28 PM »

Ok i did just that and it is still doing the same thing..I opened that front glass door to see if i can see the green light  and it is on.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2010, 10:11:37 PM »

Well, that's a good sign.

Are you waiting until the "Insert Bills" bezel light comes on before trying your coin?

Do you have a lot of credits on the machine right now, by chance?

Jacell3

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2010, 10:14:23 PM »

Yes the Insert Bill light was on and the insert coin light also...There is no credits at all on it....I just want to Thank You all for your patience on trying to help me...I hope theses pics are ok

* Coin 1.jpg (363.96 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 277 times.)

* coin 2.jpg (400.34 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 289 times.)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 10:42:04 PM by Jacell3 » Logged
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2010, 10:34:41 PM »

For lack of any better ideas, could you please take a nice close-up picture of the part of the comparator where the coin is so we can see if it's seated correctly?

Thanks for your patience with this -- I know it can be frustrating when the machine isn't working how it's supposed to.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2010, 10:36:33 PM »

now's a good time to do the coin tests.
The rake isn't opening as your quarters are falling back into the tray.
Tying back the rake doesn't solve the problem because the coin comparator is rejecting "alike" coins.

I'm now suspecting at least cold solder joints on the 2-pin header
that attaches to the two gray wires - or worse...

Wiggle that connector, close the door and try dropping in a couple of quarters after you
post a couple of close up pics of the quarter you've installed into
the "sample" coin holder of the coin comparator.
Jacell3

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2010, 10:45:18 PM »

I wiggled the plug with the gray wires and the quarters still fall to the tray
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2010, 10:50:44 PM »

You've turned counter-clockwise back the sensitivity dial right?
Now turn it a quarter of a turn clockwise...that's a "smidge"....lol
Try another coin while knagl is typing up the Coin-In Tests instructions.... stir the pot / get cooking
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2010, 11:02:02 PM »

Thanks for the pictures -- it sure does look like your coin is in there correctly.

Try another coin while knagl is typing up the Coin-In Tests instructions.... stir the pot / get cooking

Heh, the only test I know of is for the ABC optics, which are a moot point at the moment since the coin isn't even making it to the optics.

I take it that you don't have another working S+ machine at home that you could swap some parts out of, do you John?

Jacell3

« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2010, 11:08:02 PM »

No sorry i don't....The other machine has a X-10 in it.... Which that one i am having an issue with also where the coins are going..On my Red White & Blue machine what would cause the quarters not to go in the hopper and go into the part that has the whole in the bottom of the machine?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 12:27:36 AM by Jacell3 » Logged
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2010, 03:30:26 AM »

Topic moved to S+ board and renamed.

StatFreak garfield
nlg  Global Moderator

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2010, 01:33:11 PM »

you actually have found your problem. ITS THE COIN OPTICS. the sad part about the S+ is that it only operates one way,everytime it does the same thing over and over and over. you established that the machine played and accepted bills. you also established that by pressing the test button on the optics board that the machine did register a credit. (reply #20  Buzz, pseudo coin button)  so that told you that everything from that point back to the logic board was good. then you took the coin comparator out of the problem by shimming the "rake" so it will accept all coins and present them to the optics to establish credit. so now we have our coins going through the optics and into the hopper and not registering the credit. the optics provide a signal to the cc-16 via the purple wire. that signal is produced  and toggled by  Transistor  Q-2 or Q-4 (depends what model optics you have). I'm sure that is what your problem is. The transistor shorts and puts a ground on Optic "a", thereby disables the coin from being seen by the optics. Solution, buy optics, spend money needlessly, or remove the transistor. with the transistor removed , there will be no difference in game operation, other than the fact that your game will now work with coins.
 For future reference: the cc16 does one thing in the S+. it compares metal discs. if it sees a match, it pulses the rake open for a brief time to allow the good coin to pass, if no match then the coin is rejected. Very simple. how it compares the metal discs is a little more complex, simply stated: the sample coin establishes a electronic field, if the incoming coin sets up the same field, then a null is produced and the unit will pulse the rake open and allow the coin to pass.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2010, 01:53:07 PM »

Excellent reply Jim.
I could be wrong, but I think his coins are dropping into the tray - not the hopper?
Does the coin comparator send a signal to the divertor below the optics to
direct flow or does the divertor command signal come from the coin-in optics?
I'm guessing it comes from the hopper ground?
Jacell3

« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2010, 01:55:44 PM »

I have a question for you ....Is the coin comparitor suppose to be warm to the touch ?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2010, 01:56:38 PM »

I have a question for you ....Is the coin comparitor suppose to be warm to the touch ?

Warm is okay, hot is not.
poppo

« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2010, 01:57:34 PM »

I could be wrong, but I think his coins are dropping into the tray - not the hopper?
Does the coin comparator send a signal to the divertor below the optics to
direct flow or does the divertor command signal come from the coin-in optics?

I think you are right. After he put the rake back to normal, the coins are dropping to the tray before ever getting to the optics. So it seems to be something before the optics.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.