Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 01:36:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Cannot clear coin-in jam error message
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cannot clear coin-in jam error message  (Read 14178 times)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2010, 10:16:04 PM »

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=7926.msg70498#msg70498

I must admit I know nothing about a Barcrest. "Dbl Triple Diamond Deluxe w/Cheese"

I don't have any SG000134 but I installed the lowest number set I have SG000129   I then did a clear with a 097 clear chip and keyed the machine with a Key 31.  Both clear and key worked fine. My way of thinking if they will work on 129s they will work on your 134s. Im sure I've posted this before here it is again. I bought 35   S 2000   Key 31 and clear 097 are the only two chips I have had to use.  The 35 machines have all had SG000363 game chips put in them and all worked fine.

burgr86   If you want  key 31 and 097 clear, PM me your address. Your going to ask me how much are they, I don't sell chips, just make a donation to New Life Games for what ever you think is fair.  Will they work in your Barcrest? I don't know. I will say sooner are later your going to need them if your collecting S 2000s

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
burgr86
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2010, 11:22:01 PM »

Where to start, ok, I took the advice and swapped MPU boards with another machine, and when I pulled out the MPU board, I could smell something was amiss, and sure enought u67 was toast, you could see and smell it.  That caused me not to be able to use the buttons on the front and would explain when I did a reset with the key and would hit the max coin button nothing would happen.  But that did not solve my coin-in jam error message. After replacing the mpu board, I did the coin comparator jumper thing again, and sure enough, the error cleared.  As it turns out, the molex connector, on the game side has an intermittent connection, I could see it when jiggling it, the green light on the coin comparator would go on and off.  So there were two issue with the machine.  I just need to find the loose connection on the harness plug and figure out how to  applause :3-correct that, but I can play the game again. 

Thanks for all the tips, I learned a TON in the last couple of days.  And I did make a donation for all the help.

Now how to get rid of that annoying buzzing in the left speaker, did I read something about a resistor somewhere?

cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2010, 11:53:02 PM »

10 ohm resistors across each of the two wires going to each of the 3 speakers takes care of that really well applause
burgr86
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2010, 12:30:41 AM »

Thanks, will give it a try
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2010, 01:48:24 AM »

Damn  I bought 47 ohm  All I can say is they do the job.  I bought 25 at Radio Shack 20 cents each, in today's mail I got another 100 I bought on Ebay $4.50 total with shipping.  Silly Me! Silly Me!

cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2010, 03:57:28 AM »

I know the 47's work too, but the 10's do a fine job and it's easier on the amp. I only had to raise my volume level by 1 to compensate for the reduction in volume you get putting resistors across the output and the static was gone.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2010, 12:52:30 PM »

Actually Buzz, those may work...they're big as hell but they will dim the noise.
Just put one each on the white wires only.
You might have to turn up the volume a bit to get any sound that's about it.
burgr86
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2010, 11:48:31 PM »

ok went to the shack and picked up them 10 ohmers and solder in to each of the speaker pair of wires (6 in all).  Still can hear a slight buzzing but much improved.  Had to turn volume from 2 to 6 to get to same level.  They are indeed 10 ohms.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2010, 12:32:14 AM »

I'm sure I've read on this site that 47s were the ones to get.  I've did 3 or 4 machine so far and one of them still has a hum.  But I know how to correct it, remove the sound board.

Been thinking of installing 3 or 4 of these resistors in series, in a Williams Big Bang Pig. Volume is set at the lowest and still is way to loud.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2010, 04:28:44 PM »

Yes. The volume when set at [1] is still loud for some people at home.
I can only imagine it will be reduced when adding more 10 ohm resistors or
adding resistors that are higher like around 60k perhaps.
I wish I had some of those to try...I may take a run down to Radio Snack and
see what they have in stock.

My understanding always was to add these speaker resistors only to the white wires.
Why are you guys putting them on both wires?
Wouldn't that overdrive the audio amplifier box?
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2010, 05:17:47 PM »

Bunker I did put a 47 ohm in the Williams last night. It cut the volume down to where I had to go into the second set of volume settings.  Assuming the lower the resistor the higher the volume, a 47 ohm might be over kill.

burgr86
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2010, 07:09:04 PM »

Good question about putting them on both wires, I've read both ways on this site, would be good get a definitive answer.
Thanks
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2010, 07:13:02 PM »

Good question about putting them on both wires, I've read both ways on this site, would be good get a definitive answer.
Thanks

I'd take the resistors off of the other wires and just leave the white ones on.
I'm pretty sure that's what Bettorslots did when he re-started the mod.
He did a lot of testing on S2000 sounds.

Bunker I did put a 47 ohm in the Williams last night. It cut the volume down to where I had to go into the second set of volume settings.  Assuming the lower the resistor the higher the volume, a 47 ohm might be over kill.

I've never played with a WMS machine so I have no idea Buzz....
You're the go-to-guy on WMS sound improvements!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.