Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 01:18:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Cannot clear coin-in jam error message
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cannot clear coin-in jam error message  (Read 14177 times)
burgr86
« on: December 25, 2010, 07:40:27 PM »

I have been searching for a solution to my "coin-in Jam" problem and nothing so far has helped.  I have a Double Triple Diamond Deluxe with Cheese slot (s2000) and all of a sudden I get this coin-in jam error and have been unable to clear it.  I have followed all the tips on this board to no avail.
I have also disassembled the coin comparater and there is nothing jammed up.  Could someoneone PLEASE point me in the right direction?  One thing that I did do, was swap a power supply with another IGT machine (identical supply) because one of the two power supplies had failed (top one which disabled the top display.  After I swapped the supply that's when the error came up.  I checked all connections and made sure the supply was seated properly.    Any other suggestions?  Merry christmas to all.
Tilt
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 366

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 09:18:04 PM »

Did you try re-seating the Door I/O board (with power off of course)?
burgr86
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 09:52:27 PM »

Thanks for the reply, I have done that, even tried another IO board from another IGT 2000 board to no avail.  Really frustrated with this.
monitorman
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 9

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 10:17:19 PM »

I would try 2 things. First re-seat the logic board with the power off and if that don't work I would try installing the coin bypass jumper. Just to make sure the coin optics are working.
burgr86
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 01:26:28 AM »

Thanks, hadn't thought of that one, can you tell me about the coin bypass jumper and what to do.  Thanks.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 01:29:51 AM »

I've experienced this same problem with a MPU that wasn't seated properly. Check that and the pins on the mpu
BENCHTECHBILL
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 6

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 11:46:15 AM »

The coin bypass is easy, just unplug the coin chute at the 15 plug to the right of the coin chute and jumper pins 1 to 6 and 7 to 6. Close the door and see if you error clears. If the error goes away the coin optics are the problem. If you still have the problem swap the door I/O with a good one ( But make sure the power is off when you do that.) close the door and see if the error clears. If you still have the error  the problem is in the logic board and is caused when I/O are installed with the power on or the logic is installed with the power on.
burgr86
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010, 01:56:47 PM »

Thanks for the info, I assume you are referring to the harness that connects the coin comparator and optics?  I assume further that this is to remain unplugged after jumpering?  If correct I have do this and the error still remains.  I have not to my recollection done anything with power on, but if this is the case as you described, how is this fixed?  This is so frustrating, but on the bright side quite educational on how these components all function to make a machine work (or not work in this case).  Do I need a chip to clear this or what would be next steps.  Thanks again for helping a relative newbie out.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2010, 08:50:34 PM »

yes...it remains unplugged from the main door harness after jumping because
you can't plug the connectors together when the pins are jumped.

Jump the pins and close the door to see if the error goes away.
The numbers for the pin locations are on the back of the Molex housing where the wires exit.
You may need a magnifying glass to see them.
Like BillBT said, if it doesn't clear the error, then check the I/O connections.

If the error goes away after re-plugging in the I/O Molex connector,
then you KNOW the problem lies with the coin optics.
At this point, it would be best if you put up an ad in the classifieds section of NLG for a new one.

OhioGaming
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 297

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2010, 10:25:02 PM »

Images with jumper. Just use jumper wires in the female side.

* S2000 Comparitor Jumper.jpg (71.65 KB, 729x711 - viewed 185 times.)

* S2000 Comparitor Jumper Connected.jpg (167.26 KB, 1334x683 - viewed 204 times.)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 10:30:40 PM by OhioGaming » Logged
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2010, 10:26:09 PM »

I have had this same error on a machine that didn't even have coin handling installed. If you do a full clear, the error will go away. Blueridge told me why this happened but I forget what he said. I do know that the error has nothing to do with a comparator or coin optics on my machine. Had neither of them installed. I would remove the CC and make sure no coins are stuck in it.

Try leaving the door closed, but lift up and down on the door latch 5 or 6 times.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 10:36:19 PM by Buzz » Logged

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
monitorman

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2010, 10:52:08 PM »

Thanks OhioGaming for posting the pictures. I did not have time.
monitorman

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2010, 10:55:11 PM »

Thanks Benchtechbill for letting him know how to check it. I ran out of time today.
burgr86
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2010, 12:03:14 AM »

Thank you all so much for your kind help.  The pictures confirmed that indeed I jumpered correctly and it did not solve the problem.  I also have a second IGT machine with same coin comparator and optics and swapped them and not difference.  Not sure about doing a clear, what chip do I need to this machine and where can I get it.  Thanks again, I hope as I get smarter about these machines that I can help someone and contribute.
monitorman

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2010, 12:48:07 AM »

Did you swap the I/O card on the door? Only install or remove with the power off.

The clear chip you would use is a IVC00224 and a key chip after you clear maybe a 31 or 45 depends on what game chip you have. SG??????
opman
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 74

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2010, 12:54:34 AM »

Another thing that can cause a coin in jam is the 7 segment display can go bad if something is accidentally shorted. It is the red display that shows your credits. Unplug the molex connector that go's to your 7 segment display and see if your error go's away. The machine will still function with this unplugged but you will not have a credit display. If this works replace the 7 segment display. Make sure power is off when unplugging. Hope this helps.
burgr86
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2010, 01:01:21 AM »

Thanks, swapped I/O board with another machine and also tried unplugging the 7 segment display (both with power off).  No change.  Here's info from MPU board 1952-2.
Version Chip VS009GX0
Stepper Base
SB100039
Stepper GME 1 and GME2 SG000134

Which chips will I need to make this nightmare go away?

Thanks again
monitorman

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2010, 01:18:53 AM »

This is a old game set. A key 2 or 17 will work to set the options but you will need a 56 clear chip set.

PM me if you need them I have them.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2010, 04:48:10 AM »

This is a old game set. A key 2 or 17 will work to set the options but you will need a 56 clear chip set.

PM me if you need them I have them.

Monitorman  Why would you think about sending this old junk to this fellow.   Key 2  clear 56 ???   Don't you think it would be a better idea to change the game chips to a SG000363 or higher, send him a key 31 and a 097 clear. This way if and when he gets another machine he would already have a set of key and clear he could use. Odds of getting another machine with 134s are pretty slim.

Now the problem at hand "Coin In Jam"  I managed to get this error on one of my machines tonight. I unplugged the 15 pin shown in reply 9, turned power on and closed door, got the coin jam error.  Opened door and replugged the 15 pin closed door and error cleared. I used no clear chips, no key chips, and no cmos chip switch.

burgr86  One thing you need to understand, by closing the door some errors can be cleared, but only one error per door closing will be cleared. If you have two or more errors you must open and close the door to clear each one. Each time the door latch is pushed fully down the display will blink. If the display is not blinking you have a door optic problem. Each time you close the door make sure the latch goes all the way to the bottom. Now with your jumper still in place ( your 100% sure you have the pins 1 to 6 and 6 to 7 making good contact ) With power on lift the door latch wait a little bit and move the latch all the way to the bottom, if the display blinked repeat opening and closing the door a few times. If I'm right the error should clear. if I'm wrong a clear chip will fix it.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2010, 12:42:07 PM »

May I ask what game this is?
I don't have the SB100039 on any of my lists.
Needless to say, I cannot find the PSR on it as well... Help

ADD:>>> Oh I found it "Dbl Triple Diamond Deluxe w/Cheese".
burgr86
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2010, 12:59:34 PM »

Buzz, will try your steps one more time to be sure.  I also have a Double 3x 4x 5x pay machine, would the chips be the same for this machine.  One set of chips would be nice to be able to use on both of my S-2000 machines.
I will report back and thanks a lot.
BENCHTECHBILL
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 6

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2010, 01:30:00 PM »

I agree if you could update to the 363 game set I would do it. the only problem I have found that in some older games below the 207 game set replacing it with a 363 game set the 552 display does not work right and I have had to upgrade to the 663 display. That could be a lot more in cost. Good luck witch ever way you go.
burgr86
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2010, 02:07:45 PM »

Ok, followed the steps, no change.   However, the display does not blink (which display are you referring to?  The one that the error message is on or the Top display?)  Top display blinks when I power on the machine.  The machine does recognize the door open and door close as I see it on the display,  however, the reels don't spin after I close the door like they do on my other machine.  When I use the key to reset the menu comes up but the buttons do not work.  When I close the door, the menu goes away.  I have the max play and bet one button lit.  Sometimes when I power up, all the buttons are lit, and sometimes none of them are lit.  Really bizarre insn't it.
opman
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 74

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2010, 04:19:01 PM »

Unplug the 7 segment display and try opening and closing door latch and see if error clears. If not check and make sure optics are alligned.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2010, 08:29:28 PM »

Have you pulled the MPU, checked all the pins on both plugs and re-seated it? Or tried the MPU from your working machine in the non-working game? Or the non-working MPU in the working machine? This would tell you if your MPU and backplane are working or not
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.