Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:31:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Welcome wagon and General Chat (Off-Topic Post Welcome) (Moderator: Ron (r273))
| | |-+  What's the crappiest job you've ever had?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's the crappiest job you've ever had?  (Read 7544 times)
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 233

« on: December 29, 2010, 07:25:26 PM »

Mine was fetching parts for a local auto parts store when was in high school.  These guys were total d-bags too and thought they were the king know-it-alls of VW's.  I had the duty of cleaning the bathroom too which was always so trashed you could shave the seat and there was almost a guaranteed skid mark on it at the end of the day.  Plus they always brought their St. Bernard into the store, which gave me the added bonus of cleaning up his filth too.  It was a treat doing it at minimum wage too.  Bastards.  I guess my experience literally reflects the title of this thread.   Cry Laughing

Anyway, life is much more pleasant now 20 years later...stressful, but in a good way. 

Ok, share your most craptastic job.

Thanks,
Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 07:33:39 PM »

Grabbing metal shopping carts outside in the parking lot with sub-zero wind chill factors in January
while wearing a thin white short sleeved shirt and stupid tie
for some stupid supermarket when I was around 17 years old.
I think I was being paid $2.35 an hour at that time....nuts.

I remember the store manager telling me one the first day of work
that I was going to have a fine career.... Tongue Out  (yeah...not there though...lol)

brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 07:53:36 PM »

Fry cook at Jack in the Box. I didn't last 2 weeks.

Thanks,
Bill
lizzo54
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 27

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 09:47:21 PM »

Working at the town transfer station (fancy term for the dump).  The summer we had to run a wood chipper and chip up all the brush and trees that were brought in.  Nothing like being soaked with sweat, then having a cloud of wood dust around you.  Not to mention that the place is 90% asphalt so it just adds to heat.   

I will be honest and say that it did have its ups but mostly downs.  I did get my start with arcade games there when someone brought in a generic jamma, two player cabinet.  The machine needed work but I did endup getting it working and still ahve it in my collection.
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 10:15:41 PM »

Working for Chef Boyardee. When I was in school I worked loading tractor trailers @ weigh station. Farmers would
bring tomatoes in in baskets. We would stack them in trailer to go to cannery. The juice would fly and little fruit flies were all over
& you got a lot of them in your mouth. We worked 7 days a week & 12 hr days for $ .65 a hr.
I could not eat catsup for yrs. after.
Ford
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 624

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 10:40:01 PM »

10 years working for Radio Shack. Got the job when I was 16.  It wasn't bad but I learned I hated retail hours - working Christmas and such wasn't for me.   

Paid for college though.
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 10:44:42 PM »

Stayout - I just got over 20" of snow on Sunday !! How do you cope????????  Just got a plow today - seemed forever since i was trapped in the house with my WIFE,,,

I shoveled my neighborhood growing up  too fo $20 per house.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 10:58:17 PM »

On this one I can Top any story

1991 The City Manager ask me if I could clean out the City's sewage pond's. Not one to turn down a job I went and took a look. Pond was down pretty low, but a threw a rock in it and it splashed well not really a splash more like tossing a rock in mud. I took the job, first few days wouldn't step in it ( they called it sludge, we called it something else )  after week or so no problem walk right in it. First month or so smelled like crap, somewhere along the line started smelling like money. Damn wish I could get another job like that one. Took us about 3 months to do the job. Total bill was $742,000.  

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 11:00:04 PM »

When in high school I worked Friday and Saturday night (12am to 8:30am) at the local arena. Cleaned up puke, crap, and spilled drinks! Rock concerts were bad as were country western concerts. The Shrine Circus wasn't much fun either!  knockout
This work schedule killed my social life. Only worked it four months before taking a job at a full service gas station. Remember those?

Fringe benifits;
But we did find money all over the place (dropped by wasted patrons). And at lunch hour we divided up the unopened booze from the police confiscation room.
At that time the drinking age was 18. I was 17 but told my boss I was 18 so I got my share. At least a case of beer each time!  yes
If my dad would have known he would have "tanned my hide".  bust gut laughing
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 11:04:08 PM »

When in high school I worked Friday and Saturday night (12am to 8:30am) at the local arena. Cleaned up puke, crap, and spilled drinks! Rock concerts were bad as were country western concerts. The Shrine Circus wasn't much fun either!  knockout
This work schedule killed my social life. Only worked it four months before taking a job at a full service gas station. Remember those?

Fringe benifits;
But we did find money all over the place (dropped by wasted patrons). And at lunch hour we divided up the unopened booze from the police confiscation room.
At that time the drinking age was 18. I was 17 but told my boss I was 18 so I got my share. At least a case of beer each time!  yes
If my dad would have known he would have "tanned my hide".  bust gut laughing

wow that was bad!   I don't even like to clean up my own vomit.

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 06:29:08 AM »

The first thing that popped into my head when I read the title of this topic (showing brichter as the replier) was: "I'll bet $100 that Yoeddy started that thread."
My cats owe me a hundred bucks. arrow  Crazy garfield
Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

The crappiest job... I'd have to say continuously shoveling out sewage from a hole we had dug in the basement of a commercial multi-story building in Chinatown in San Francisco while trying to repair the broken sewer line at the same time... and they say that plumbers are overpaid. Duh! ttth  I don't recall, but I think I was making $8 or $10 an hour at the time.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 06:52:10 AM »

On this one I can Top any story

1991 The City Manager ask me if I could clean out the City's sewage pond's. Not one to turn down a job I went and took a look. Pond was down pretty low, but a threw a rock in it and it splashed well not really a splash more like tossing a rock in mud. I took the job, first few days wouldn't step in it ( they called it sludge, we called it something else )  after week or so no problem walk right in it. First month or so smelled like crap, somewhere along the line started smelling like money. Damn wish I could get another job like that one. Took us about 3 months to do the job. Total bill was $742,000.  

Now Buzz, how can that be any worse then smelling your hand after wiping your ass or picking your belly button and smelling your finger.  If you could could do that job, the "Way to go Jason" thread that Ford created in the "Rants and Raves" board isn't all that "sick ass" is it?  Wink

Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 02:06:50 PM »

Stayout - I just got over 20" of snow on Sunday !! How do you cope????????  Just got a plow today - seemed forever since i was trapped in the house with my WIFE,,,

There's really not too much snow up here Munch!
Here's a clip...date/time is way off...It doesn't snow here in July...lol
And I never get up that early... rotflmao >>>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bu4Xydbyg4o&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Bu4Xydbyg4o&rel=0</a>
slots4home
Slots 4 Home
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 352

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2010, 06:06:09 PM »

Mine was cleaning the grease trap at a deli the wife and I used to own.
Hopefully no one here has had to do that.

Brianzz
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2010, 07:28:39 PM »

It snowed heavily here for a few days, wife has done nothing but stare through the window.. if it keeps this up I'll have to let her back in.
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2010, 07:48:52 PM »

Ha! 

What's better to let in : dog or wife at back door
Dog - it will stop barking once inside. 
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2010, 08:12:16 PM »

It snowed heavily here for a few days, wife has done nothing but stare through the window.. if it keeps this up I'll have to let her back in.

Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.