Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 03:02:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Quesion about Double Top Dollar
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quesion about Double Top Dollar  (Read 2693 times)
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« on: January 02, 2011, 04:32:12 PM »

I have a question about the S2000 Double Top Dollar with the led shadowbox. I have the 16" top version and notice that the shadowbox takes up all of the front of the topbox. During play only the money piles are lit and the rest of the award glass is dark. Railroad94 wa able to take a pic of another DTD at Four Winds (pic below) and it is the same. I took off the glass and noticed there are large blocks of leds that appear to be unused and am wondering if something is not connected or if this is the way it is supposed to be. The pic below of the led box shows led cluster in red that light up the multipliers during bonus, the blocks in yellow never seem to light up at all. These would illuminate the DTD logo and instructions for hitting the bonus.

Dan (tacman)

* IMG_0017.JPG (260.08 KB, 500x612 - viewed 203 times.)

* IMG_0013.JPG (138.13 KB, 468x402 - viewed 206 times.)

tacman

Genius in training.

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 04:35:07 PM »

Upon opening the shadowbox I see a board that has a 4 prong molex connector with nothing attached. Does anyone know if this is as it should be or should it be connected with a harness. It appears to be another 12/24V connector as the one below it. Any help would be appreciated!

Dan (tacman)

* IMG_0016.JPG (220.67 KB, 430x576 - viewed 227 times.)

* IMG_0014.JPG (242.13 KB, 430x576 - viewed 234 times.)

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 07:28:15 PM »

Dan-

Do the LEDs that you circled in yellow EVER light up, or is it just that they're out during gameplay and/or the bonus round?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Railroad94
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 225

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 08:12:50 PM »

Try and put in the regular Top Dollar SB and see if anything is different   Scratch Head
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 08:36:14 PM »

Is there a light test at all that you can run?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 246

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 01:02:42 AM »

Dan,  I seen your post a couple days ago and "dug" mine out--It is a clone to yours.  My machine does the same and Tony raised a good question about popping a regular top dollar base in there-I have not tried that nor have I ever noticed the windows on the glass that you depicticted in your post-interesting.  I have been out of pocket-Busy and would like to wish all here a belated Happy New Years---Barry.  As a note these machines are Backwards compatable for the top dollar so it is possible they would utelize the un-lit shadow boxes at that point-- Scratch Head.  Anyways as far as I can tell there is nothing wrong with your machine. The 16's are diff. from the 31's in layout etc..
tacman

Genius in training.

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 12:44:45 AM »

Sorry for the long post back, work has been kicking my butt the last couple of days. Getting too old to be spinning the clock 2 1/2 days in a row. Thanks for all the responses and Tony, I will try the other SB to see if there is a change. Kevin, I played it several times without the award glass and no, the areas in yellow never do light up. I have not checked into a light test for the topbox. Thanks for checking,  Barry, hope you have a good year as well now that we're in it!

Dan (tacman)

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.