Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:31:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Other Reel Games
| | |-+  Aristocrat power supply resistor
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aristocrat power supply resistor  (Read 3385 times)
badbaud
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 25

« on: January 05, 2011, 11:55:40 PM »

Great Aristocrat schematics - a power supply schematic with NO parts values.

I need the value for R7 on top of the power supply board. It burned up REEEAL good.

Another resistor, marked 22 with a K below it reads 2 Ohms with my meter. It is part of the base bias on a transistor for the 12VDC supply.
I can't believe this resistor is 2 Ohms and not 22K but even after removing the corresponding transistor the resistor still reads 2 Ohms.

Marked schematics, parts values, any help would be appreciated.
Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 06:17:38 AM »

Which Aristocrat model?
badbaud

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 02:27:26 PM »

I'm not near the machine right now but it is the slot with the linear power supply (that slides out for service) in the upper left side of the top shelf.

Also what is the key switch mounted on the outside left edge of the belly glass used for?

The outside (right side of machine) key switch has been pulled back inside the machine for some reason, on both machines we are working on.

what is (was) this key switch used for?

I'll get back top you on the madel number when i get back to the shop but hopefully you can answer the above questions in the meantime?
wutsit4
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 02:11:01 AM »

Greetings,
The key on the left turns on the lights by the meters to the right of the power supply.  The key on the right resets the machine after a jackpot or large cash out.
Assuming we have similar machines...
R-7 and R-4 are labeled "xw2  R22  K"
R-3 is labeled "xw2  270R  K"
Hope this helps.  The folks here coached me through the resurrection of my Aristocrat.  You have to fix the power supply to find out what else needs to be fixed.
Best of Luck,
   Keith

Basement holds Bally Eight Ball, Williams Grand Prix, Stern/Seeburg Dragonfist, Gottlieb Diamond Jack, Midway Chopper (helicopter), Williams Bonanza (shooter), United Shuffle Alley, Seeburg 222 jukebox, IGT Aristocrat Esprit that was recently resurrected,  (Only took 10 years to get the Esprit running), and a Bally GameMaker.
badbaud

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 03:07:36 AM »

It's raining Aristocrats! We got another one into the shop with a power supply problem and this one had a blown transistor on the power supply so I was able to remove a good resistor and read it. It measured .22 Ohms. Got them on order and hope to get them in soon.

BTW Jameco Electronics had those small TO-92 transistors on the power supply, plus the TIP42.

Thanks for the info on the switches!
klorvinborno
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 11:41:26 AM »

Keith, congrats on getting your Aristocrat working! (I think I sold you a parts machine a year or 2 ago when I gave up trying to fix mine)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.