Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:16:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  S+ 61 won't clear after battery change
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S+ 61 won't clear after battery change  (Read 6149 times)
Jimm
« on: January 10, 2011, 11:25:25 PM »

I recently bought a 1994 Haywire with a code 12, simple dead battery and run clear chip to fix was what I thought.  Replaced the battery, bought a Clear Chip 015 and can get to 61 1 then no power up and machine self test. Not much help locally in Cleveland, any ideas would be appreciated.  Jim
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 11:29:37 PM »

When you get the 61_1 close the door all the way and turn the jackpot key. Should reset. If not what happens and what do the displays read?
Jimm
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 01:04:38 AM »

I hope someone can help, I purchased a 1994 Haywire with a code 12 dead battery.  Replaced the battery and purchased a IGT Clear/Set 015 chip, everything worked per the instructions except the step were the credits should be 0 before setting the denomination (it held the 25 setting).  After installing the game chip it went all the way to 61 1 then nothing happened and after 20 or 30 seconds a 61 code appeared.  The 61 will not go to 61 1 unless you pull the board and go back through the process and after 4 times, I still can only get to 61 1 only to have the 61 pop back up.  This machine does have a DBV 200 validator that I was told worked before the battery died, if this is important I don"t know.  The upper and lower candle lights blink when the game chip is installed and you are setting up the machine. Once you reset the 61 1 for the next 20 or 30 seconds both lights are off, once the 61 comes back the top white light flashes.  Not much good local support in Cleveland and I do not have another IGT to swap parts with.  Thanks for reading, suggestions and ideas appreciated.  Jim
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 02:12:21 AM »

You might want to keep an eye on this thread>>>

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=11020.msg95735;topicseen#new
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 06:31:16 AM »

In a nutshell, IGT S-pluses rarely need to be cleared, but this case is the exception. It is common for machines to have this issue when the battery is changed. Use your clear chip and you should be able to get past the 61-1. You will use the set chip after clearing all of the codes to turn on the DBV.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 09:49:52 AM »

I hope someone can help, I purchased a 1994 Haywire with a code 12 dead battery.  Replaced the battery and purchased a IGT Clear/Set 015 chip, everything worked per the instructions except the step were the credits should be 0 before setting the denomination (it held the 25 setting).  After installing the game chip it went all the way to 61 1 then nothing happened and after 20 or 30 seconds a 61 code appeared.  The 61 will not go to 61 1 unless you pull the board and go back through the process and after 4 times, I still can only get to 61 1 only to have the 61 pop back up.  This machine does have a DBV 200 validator that I was told worked before the battery died, if this is important I don"t know.  The upper and lower candle lights blink when the game chip is installed and you are setting up the machine. Once you reset the 61 1 for the next 20 or 30 seconds both lights are off, once the 61 comes back the top white light flashes.  Not much good local support in Cleveland and I do not have another IGT to swap parts with.  Thanks for reading, suggestions and ideas appreciated.  Jim

We can help you out with the CORRECT Clear and Set Chips and Detailed instructions to get your game up in a few minutes, then you send those chips back to the eBay seller and tell them they were junque (worse than junk), just call or email us

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 11:09:27 AM »

Jim knows what he's talking about.
Jim, didn't see you on here for awhile, good to see you on here.
Jimm
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 11:08:16 PM »

Thanks to everyone for their input, I did contact Jim and it looks like I was sent a validator set chip ( from someone other than Jim) not a clear chip keeping me in the 61--61-1 circle of frustration.  Once the chip from Jim hits I will install and feel good the problem will be solved.  Thanks again Jim--Cleveland
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 12:35:04 AM »

You will still need the SET chip to turn on your validator after the clear. The SET015 should be okay unless you have a very unusual SP (game) chip, which I doubt.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Jimm
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 09:48:27 PM »

61,  61--1 circle of frustration code is fixed with the correct clear chip from Jim at Blue Ridge.  It is hard to believe a vendor ( not Jim) would send a set chip instead of a clear chip, you go crazy thinking you did something wrong or more is wrong with the game.  Thanks to everyone who posted and I hope this helps someone else.  Jim--Cleveland
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 09:52:07 PM »

Jim @ Blue Ridge is the man
txrebel10
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 10:30:07 PM »

Just went through this,,follow my Tread-Txrebel10, got mine up and runin today
I recently bought a 1994 Haywire with a code 12, simple dead battery and run clear chip to fix was what I thought.  Replaced the battery, bought a Clear Chip 015 and can get to 61 1 then no power up and machine self test. Not much help locally in Cleveland, any ideas would be appreciated.  Jim
txrebel10
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 10:30:55 PM »

Yes Sir !!!!
txrebel10
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 10:32:05 PM »

Who did you buy from ?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.