Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:17:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Will these SP settings do what I want?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will these SP settings do what I want?  (Read 5902 times)
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« on: January 16, 2011, 01:38:14 AM »

This is for my Bulls-Eye game which currently has a SP731. I want to change it to a SP1048. As I recall that is the newest SP that still supports the multiple songs for games like Spin Till You Win and Bulls-Eye, but also gives more limit options than the SP731.

Now here is what I want to do.

1. Have a bell that only rings on wins of 300 coins or more (4th award from top for this game).
2. Have a credit limit of 300 and then have payouts come from the hopper.

So, are these the settings to make?

1. Player Selectable Credit: 5_1 (to default to credit mode, but still let me change it manually if I want)
2. Jackpot limit: 300 (this would cause it to go into hand pay on that 4th from top win)
3. Bell: Ring on hand pay only (with the setting above, would accomplish goal #1)
4. Credit limit: 300 (would accomplish goal #2)
5. Hopper limit: 300

#5 is the one I am not too sure of. If I already have 300 credits I can cash out with a 300 setting. If I have 300 credits and I win 300 or more, the jackpot limit will have been reached and it would go into hand pay anyway. If I win 160 (next lower award), it would pay out of the hopper since it's less than the 300 hopper limit.  So I think 300 should work since there would never be more than 300 credits to cash/pay out.

Any reason these settings would not work?

Another question. If I have 300 credits, hit the 300 'jackpot' and it goes into hand pay, will the reset key only clear the jackpot win, or will it clear the 300 existing credits too?

Attached is the SP1048 PSR.

* SP1048.doc (92.5 KB - downloaded 134 times.)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 01:54:32 AM by poppo » Logged
OhioGaming
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 297

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 02:00:43 AM »

This is for my Bulls-Eye game which currently has a SP731. I want to change it to a SP1048. As I recall that is the newest SP that still supports the multiple songs for games like Spin Till You Win and Bulls-Eye, but also gives more limit options than the SP731.

Now here is what I want to do.

1. Have a bell that only rings on wins of 300 coins or more (4th award from top for this game).
2. Have a credit limit of 300 and then have payouts come from the hopper.

So, are these the settings to make?

1. Player Selectable Credit: 5_1 (to default to credit mode, but still let me change it manually if I want)
2. Jackpot limit: 300 (this would cause it to go into hand pay on that 4th from top win)
3. Bell: Ring on hand pay only (with the setting above, would accomplish goal #1)
4. Credit limit: 300 (would accomplish goal #2)
5. Hopper limit: 300

#5 is the one I am not too sure of. If I already have 300 credits I can cash out with a 300 setting. If I have 300 credits and I win 300 or more, the jackpot limit will have been reached and it would go into hand pay anyway. If I win 160 (next lower award), it would pay out of the hopper since it's less than the 300 hopper limit.  So I think 300 should work since there would never be more than 300 credits to cash/pay out.

Any reason these settings would not work?

Another question. If I have 300 credits, hit the 300 'jackpot' and it goes into hand pay, will the reset key only clear the jackpot win, or will it clear the 300 existing credits too?

Attached is the SP1048 PSR.

Getting old  but I think this is what you might want your settings at ..

1. 5-2 .. player select
2. 299 for 300 coin handpay
3. 6--0 for bell setting on handpay
4. see #2
5. 299
poppo

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 02:11:38 AM »

Getting old  but I think this is what you might want your settings at ..

1. 5-2 .. player select
4. see #2
5. 299

I agree #1 should be  5_2. I did a typo on that one.  Duh!

But why 299 and not 300?  Scratch Head Do the win values have to actually be greater than the set limit to trigger the event? In other words a 300 jackpot limit won't actually initiate a jackpot on a 300 win, only something greater than 300??

OhioGaming

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 02:13:04 AM »

I think so but it has been awhile since I have messed with the S+ ... try a setting that is low that matches one of your payouts.
poppo

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 02:19:27 AM »

But regardless of the 299 or 300, the general concept should work right? I did not want to be missing something that may not have it work the way I want, and that I might as well just leave the SP731 in there.
OhioGaming

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 02:33:54 AM »

With the 1048 you can set hopper limit (7-1), jackpot limit (7-2), credit limit (7-3) and bill limit (7-5) separately.

Set the jackpot limit for 20. Play the machine and if you hit the 3 single bars and a handpay is required then 300 will work the way you are asking about. If not then the machine needs to be set for 299 for it to work the way you want.
poppo

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 05:26:40 PM »

1. 5-2 .. player select
4. see #2
5. 299

Ok, got the new chip in ant here are the settings that work

1. 5_2
2. 299 for 300 coin handpay (this is correct that this value must be 1 below the number you want the hand pay to happen on)
3. 6--0 for bell on handpay (which is the default)
4. 300
5. 300

#4 and #5 work fine set at 300 vice 299. Also, I found the answer to my other question that the reset on hand pay will only clear that winning and any credits will remain. So it now works exactly like I want it to.

Now, I have to decide what I am going to rig up to the bell circuit. Does anyone know if it rings continuously until reset, or just a specific time? I would imagine that if it was set to ring on all wins it would only be for a few seconds. I can easily integrate it into my home-brew progressive to display which machine just hit, but I want it to do something else too.  stir the pot / get cooking

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 05:36:42 PM »

I can easily integrate it into my home-brew progressive to display which machine just hit,
but I want it to do something else too.  stir the pot / get cooking

Like setting off a confetti cannon?  rotflmao

The 2-pin bell header on the motherboard keeps sending out the
signal to the bell until you turn the reset key.
There's no provisions for making it last 5 seconds or whatever.
However, you could install a timed relay on the circuit in between the header and your bell.
Just activate the bell signal via the options and stick a multimeter
on the 2-pins to see what's coming out of it...stir the pot / get cooking
I'm going to guess it's like 24Vdc at about .18A
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 06:35:47 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 05:57:19 PM »

You beat me to it!   yes

I'm 99% sure that the bell rings non-stop until the JP reset key is turned.

K+ to Ohio Gaming for his help in this thread.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
OhioGaming

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 08:23:22 PM »

Thanks Knagl .

Poppa .. glad it is working the way you wished it would.

If the bell is set for 6-1 .. every pay .. the bell rings for the length of time that the win is being credited to the meter. So 15 credit win will be a lot less ringing than a 300 credit win.

Knagl is 100% right on the bell ringing on a handpay until it is reset.

poppo

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 09:49:54 PM »

The first thought that came to mind was one of those 70s disco balls dropping down with lights flashing off of it.  arrow

But but I started thinking of something like finding a toy fire engine or police car and pulling the siren and flashing lights off of it and somehow mounting them behind the machine to give a small light/sound show. I know, sometimes the stuff I come up with.  Crazy 

Thanks for the info on the bell ring until reset. That helps. stir the pot / get cooking
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 11:26:20 PM »

Those rotating red ambulance lights are great....and a lot quieter too...lol
I have on on my pinball machine that goes off whenever the "free ball" gate is open.
It raises my heartbeat and makes me terrified.  rotflmao
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 11:38:59 PM »

All I need is the red light?

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=55.msg92046#msg92046

Ron (r273)
poppo

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 12:05:42 AM »

Yeah, that's pretty much the effect I was looking for, but on a S+. I now have a few ideas though about mounting some flashing stuff inside of the cabinet.  stir the pot / get cooking

<eidt>
After digging though my parts bin, I found that I have a siren kit that uses a regular speaker. So what I can do is use a relay (as others have mentioned) running off of the bell voltage. The relay would switch the slot machine speaker over to the siren kit as to not have to hear the standard 'service' ding and allow me to use the regular speaker. The other set of relay contacts can turn on whatever lighting effects I end up using.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 01:57:52 AM by poppo » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.