Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:29:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  Bally 5000, 5500 and Others.
| | |-+  Help Identifying this Bally Poker Slot
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help Identifying this Bally Poker Slot  (Read 5831 times)
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

« on: January 19, 2011, 01:51:18 AM »

I currently have an opportunity to purchase a .05 Video Poker; can anybody identify it for me?
The model number is v2337-42

I looked for this model and all I can find is the v2336 model…..

As it stands:

1. The video does not work, (no picture no flash when turned off in a dark room)
2. The alarm buzzes when you turn the machine on (with the door open or closed)
3. The 5th coin lamp automatically comes on immediately

The guy said it was working and doesn’t know what could be wrong…..  does anybody have any suggestions for me… He wants $500.00 not working and tells me its just a fuse! I no better than that…..

Thanks Mike  Scratch Head

* 01 (Large).JPG (68.96 KB, 576x768 - viewed 503 times.)

* 02 (Large).JPG (63.9 KB, 576x768 - viewed 465 times.)
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 01:41:04 PM »

That looks like a V1000 or V2000 machine. I believe if it has 3 boards in it, it is a V2000, but am not positive. I think Foxslots will be able to confirm.

Dan (tacman)

mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 10

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 05:20:36 PM »

It's a 3 board Slot... so the Model number does not say much about the machine????
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 01:15:46 PM »

to the best of my knowledge Bally made two types of  early poker machines. The V-1000 series machines had a four card rack system, and the V-2000 series had a three card rack system.  Your machine appears to be a three card system. the V-2000 number would confirm that.

Now the sticky area!!!!   I am only aware of one person that will fix the three card system, they totally abandoned the four card system . the monitor could be fixed by anyone provided that they can find the parts. no bright flash or not feeling static on the front of the monitor could indicate no high voltage. however, even with no display if the boards were working you still should be able to play the game. you won't see anything ,but the game will coin up , deal cards and the buttons should light up and offer you options. If no display, no game working, then you could have a power supply problem.

500 plus the cost to fix how many other problems , and still have a machine that has limited parts and repair available, If you want a poker machine, I think, in my humble opinion, you could do much better for the same amount of money your going to invest.
Look around and ask the vendors on this site what they have available, and compare, and make your decision accordingly. 

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 02:45:55 PM »

you have a v2000 bally - the 3 card rack indicates that -  check the fuses at the back of the hopper - most likely you have a bad monitor (common)  - monitor boss can fix it in most cases -  $500 for a non-working game is not recommended - there are newer games available - Game Makers - IGT Players edge - more money - but better games to play and more reliable. 
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 11:34:55 PM »

you have a v2000 bally - the 3 card rack indicates that -  check the fuses at the back of the hopper - most likely you have a bad monitor (common)  - monitor boss can fix it in most cases -  $500 for a non-working game is not recommended - there are newer games available - Game Makers - IGT Players edge - more money - but better games to play and more reliable. 

Barry, you got any schematics on this v2000 I can borrow before I buy the anchor rope and condem it to the deep blue sea??
ricker
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 01:13:14 AM »

Hey All,

I had a V-2337. Should/could be two switches on hopper control board which is directly behind hopper handle. Usually are red and sometimes the plastic extending from the switch is broken off(like the top of a ball point click pen).  Anyway the switch on the left resets machine, the one on the right clears errors. May shut off bell. If ya get, the three boards slide. Battery on middle card, front. Can't help much on video, other than check connections.

Good Luck

Richard
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 08:57:38 AM »

there is a red reset button on the board stack - try that - also - could be the power supply and distribution board to the right of the power supply.  Not worth $500 not working.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.