Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 02:18:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  Unusual errors - any info?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Unusual errors - any info?  (Read 3817 times)
Worldwide Gaming
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: -11

« on: January 19, 2011, 06:15:20 PM »

Happy Wednesday!

I've got two machines tossing two odd errors that I've never come across before.   hissy fit

1)  I-Game, Wheel of Fortune (on I-Game board in an I+ cabinet) - error is 'Cannot operate with 256K'

2)  I+, error is 'Error String Not Available  0x10000004'

I've got some guesses, but if anyone has any actual info on what causes these errors...  

Thanks in advance!

BENCHTECHBILL
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 6

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 12:41:27 PM »

#1 depends on witch game version you have and what version board. A 37, 39, or 44. but it sounds like you need the 512K memory expansion sim.

on  # 2 first check to see if you have any pins broke or bent on the e-proms and clean all sim board contacts with a eraser and reinsert and check. Program versions would be great to know to help you more.
Worldwide Gaming

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 01:45:15 PM »

#1 depends on witch game version you have and what version board. A 37, 39, or 44. but it sounds like you need the 512K memory expansion sim.

It's a 37 version game running on a 39 board at the moment - all EPROM, no SIMM's (we've also tried it on a 37 in a 39 cabinet).

on  # 2 first check to see if you have any pins broke or bent on the e-proms and clean all sim board contacts with a eraser and reinsert and check.

Contacts are clean
---

Can a 37 board address 512K proms? I believe they already tried swapping them out and it didn't work, but I'm not too sure and I'll have to double-check...

BENCHTECHBILL

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 05:03:30 PM »

The 256K it is talking about is the work ram Listed as RAM1 and RAM2 on the board. Some games need more then the 256K. On older 37 boards that had NO SIM scockets you would get 2 ram chips. These are not E-proms or Proms and on 39 boards the Ram listed as RAM1 and RAM2 and you get the ram on a sim.
Worldwide Gaming

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 01:24:26 PM »

The 256K it is talking about is the work ram Listed as RAM1 and RAM2 on the board. Some games need more then the 256K. On older 37 boards that had NO SIM scockets you would get 2 ram chips. These are not E-proms or Proms and on 39 boards the Ram listed as RAM1 and RAM2 and you get the ram on a sim.

Tried on an older board (37) - and it gave 'invalid group' errors when attempting to Key Chip it.  Any other thoughts?

BENCHTECHBILL

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 05:26:42 PM »

Can you tell me the game set and the base chip you are using?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.