Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 11:38:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  New Reel Mod For 2 1/8" reels
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Reel Mod For 2 1/8" reels  (Read 3504 times)
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« on: January 20, 2011, 01:52:30 AM »

A while back I purchased a new set of reels for my Cleo off EBAY. I bought them not just because they were new, but because they had LED backlights. Well, when they arrived it turned out that these were the 2 3/8" reels for the reel touch machines so they were to wide hissy fit I went ahead and used the new motors, LED lights and wiring along with my brackets and threw the new baskets in a corner. Not ideal, but they work well and the LED lighting is great yes

So today I grabbed one of those wide baskets and tried to figure out how I might be able to use them. For those not familiar with these, the baskets are assembled in two sides glued together at the cross ribs. Kind of a tongue and groove assembly. I took a razor blade and cut through the glue so I could seperate the two sides. Then I carefully measured and marked back 1/4" (actually 9/32) on the tongue side of the rib. Next I used my dremel tool with a cutting disc to cut the surface of the rib back to the mark. I didn't need to shorten the tongue itself as the groove side is deep enough that it doesn't matter. I had previously marked one rib on both sides to know where they needed to be lined up when I put it back together. After putting the two sides back together I simply put a spot of super glue on each rib joint and allowed to dry. It took approximately 40 minutes to do the first one, so just a tad bit time consuming.

This may seem like a lot of work, but the 2 1/8" baskets are VERY hard to find (anyone tried lately?) and with the 2nd set I have coming from CA in a couple days I will have 10 brand new 2 1/8" reel baskets applause
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 01:59:04 AM by cowboygames » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 02:34:20 AM »

Good mod cowboy!  applause I like having extra baskets too! yes
Especially when changing out between a Ms. Little Green Men game for when my little nephew
comes over after school then switching back out to my present game after he leaves....lol

He just loves the "Spaceship game"     rotflmao
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 02:43:55 AM »

lol! I almost threw the damn things in the trash till it dawned on me to try this. I suppose the biggest thing to worry about is not getting them to narrow as there's not a lot of leeway on the strips. I'd of thought you had enough machines to not have to worry about game changing though rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 12:42:09 PM »

I only have one machine...an S2000 rotflmao
I don't know why guys think I have so many...lol
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 03:55:42 AM »

Does that mean that your cabinet-less Frankenstein slot doesn't count?  Crazy  frying pan

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 12:20:10 PM »

lol...It don't count...don't count...don't count!  rotflmao
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 12:21:36 PM »

Does that mean that your cabinet-less Frankenstein slot doesn't count?  Crazy  frying pan

Stat garfield

No it does not count, that's his naked slot.  As soon as he gets it a cabinet he can count it as another one.  rotflmao:79- stir the pot / get cooking

Ron (r273)
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 03:38:17 PM »

I installed 5 of the new reels on my Cleo today and they work perfectly applause Damn near silent compared to the old ones too yes
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 04:57:13 PM »

Ahhh...nothing like the non-sound of brand new stepper motors! lol
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.