Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:17:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  I want to change my Go Bananas type 2 to a Crystial 5 Game
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I want to change my Go Bananas type 2 to a Crystial 5 Game  (Read 6176 times)
lonnie
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: January 21, 2011, 08:32:11 PM »

It has been a while since I changed a game and I want to make sure I do this correctly.

The go bananas is a type 2 game it now has sp0779 program chip and a go bananas reel chip.

Since I am change from a type 2 to a type 0 I think I need to change to program chip (which I think was the sp731) and put the Crystal fives reel chip which is a ss6272.

Is this correct since they are 2 different types of games my thinking is I need to change the program chip and the reel chip?

Thanks,
Lonnie

Lonnie
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 08:37:08 PM »

Every thing yu said is correct.  If you have a BV your going to need a set chip.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
lonnie

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 08:53:04 PM »

Thanks Buzz, the last time I changed to the crystal 5 from a type 2 game I did not need to reset the BV. Was I just lucky? I do have a set15 chip will this work if I need it?

Thanks,
Lonnie

Lonnie
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 08:56:34 PM »

Yes Sir the set 15 works with SP731

lonnie

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 10:36:41 PM »

One more question, I need to change the reel strips. The machine is a slant top. How do I release the baskets I can not remember. My round top they are easy. Can you help?

Thanks,
Lonnie

Lonnie
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 10:42:15 PM »

You shouldn't need to physically remove the reels to change the strips, unless you really want to.

I've never removed a slant top reel, so I'm afraid I don't know.  There should be a wiring harness that unplugs from the base of the reel, and then once unplugged the reel assembly should slide towards you.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 10:43:26 PM »

You don't always need to turn the DBV back on after a game change -- even one that changes the SP chip, but you should always have the set chip handy just in case.

I'm not very familiar with slant tops, but with the uprights you don't need to remove the baskets to change the strips. I would think you could swap strips in a slant without removing the baskets either.

<ADD> Oops. It looks like knagl beat me to the post. Tongue Out rotflmao rotflmao

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
lonnie

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 10:48:03 PM »

Thanks guys. I will try and change in machine. I think last time I remove them but it has been a long time ago and you with age you start forgetting things HA! HA!.

Lonnie

Lonnie
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 11:05:16 PM »

Kevin and David you are both correct, slant top reels are removed same way as upright. But be aware the reel baskets are different between the two bacause of the reel  strip offset.

lonnie

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 12:07:38 AM »

I can not find notch on reel strips to line up the strips on the slant top reels. It is lots easier on the round top. What is difference how do I line up on slant top. I can not seem to find the notch?

Thanks,
Lonnie

Lonnie
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 12:22:05 AM »

There will be a small raised bump on the outside edge of the basket to match the notch. Run your finger around the edge and feel it.
lonnie

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 01:03:29 AM »

Thanks to everyone for your help. I found the small raised bump on outside of reels and realigned the strips and now they work perfect. I had problem with bv not sure what was wrong it worked and I put a ten in and it was too flimsy and became caught in to BV I had to unplug and open and remove the ten. After I did this I could not get the bv to take any bills? The change light was flashing and pushing the button had not effect on this light. Does anyone know why this happened ? I fooled around with and finally the change light stopped flashing and lights for bv came on and now it works again? Any ideas of what to check for if this happens again?

Thanks,
Lonnie

Lonnie
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 05:19:08 AM »

Check to make sure all of the doors (bill validator cash can access door and main hatch door) are firmly closed.  Likely, the bill validator cash can was either not replaced all the way in and/or the door didn't close properly, which would cause the machine to remain frozen until all the doors were correctly and completely closed.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
lonnie

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011, 12:28:47 PM »

Thanks again for all the help. Works great now.

Lonnie

Lonnie
tjkeller
NLG Translator
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 374

What???...Where???...Huh???

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2011, 01:44:50 PM »

You don't always need to turn the DBV back on after a game change -- even one that changes the SP chip, but you should always have the set chip handy just in case.

<<<for the benefit of future topic searches>>>

Like StatFreak said, no matter what, it is ALWAYS a good idea to have a Set Chip available when changing Game Chips or just in case you need a ram clear
for any number of other reasons. They are inexpensive, easy to come by, and simply having one brings piece of mind.

In regard to the Bill Acceptor, if your SP Chips are close in # to one another such as sp731 vs sp779 in this case, or say sp1271 vs sp1274, often times you
do NOT need a Set Chip to keep the Bill Validator active because the software is "current" between the two chips. The biggest reason for changing Game
Chips is due to different Game Types so something to keep in mind is that if you have varying Game Types, then something else to consider would be to
have/purchase Game Chips that are as close in number to one another as you can get to help alleviate the need to use a Set Chip to keep your BV active.

Now, after saying all of that, there are SO MANY different Game Chips available for the different Game Types and which of those is BEST brings a whole other
topic of discussion. Most Game Types being Type 0 has {{{most}}} owners using either sp731 or sp1271. (these are simply the most common) The higher
numbered sp1271 is more current software than the sp731 and offers some more "options" than the sp731 but the sp731 has some sound options users prefer
which are lost on the sp1271 due to the limited space available on the chip for the software.

Now to bring my two/three points together, even if sticking to the same Game Type but changing Game Chips such as sp731 to sp1271, odds are you WILL need
a Set Chip to keep your BV active because the software between the two chips is not "current" between the two. So, this reiterates the point that it is always
a good idea to have a Set Chip handy. The more you "play" around with your games increases the need to have a Set Chip on hand.

tjkeller  Nerd
 nlg Docs

Thank God for Friends!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.