Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 06:22:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  My S2000 I Dream Of Jeannie Slant Top 'Bill Validator Stacker' error.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My S2000 I Dream Of Jeannie Slant Top 'Bill Validator Stacker' error.  (Read 13039 times)
mwade109
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 56

« on: January 25, 2011, 06:29:31 PM »

Greetings long lost friends,  my IDOJ s2000 slant top is giving me a 'Bill Validator Stacker Open' error as well as a Door open M error.  I have tried everything I could and have ignored it for about 4 months now and it hasn't healed.  Because of the length of time, and my lack of memory cells left in my head, I cant remember if I started getting this error directly after changing out the batteries on the mainboard and resetting the machine or if it happened sometime later.  Ayway,  can anyone help out.... I miss my Jeannie (I think there is a pic of her in my profile)

Mike
a link to some of my gaming facebook photos:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=181008096862&aid=154739
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 07:36:10 PM »

Sounds like a seating problem...
Shove that cash box in there!
mwade109
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 08:32:03 PM »

Tried shoving it in many times but decided to try it again.  Same error,  cycles thru the sounds of a validator/cashbox cycling but the same results. Also,  have tried a brand new cashbox just in case.

Sounds like a seating problem...
Shove that cash box in there!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 10:20:04 PM »

Okay, then the problem might be on the stacker thing that pushes the bills down into the cashbox.
Blocked or dirty sensor on the upper mechanism perhaps?
Could be a tiny piece of a bill blocking something?
Attached below is a JCM WBA pdf sheet for your bill acceptor unit.
Maybe it will help you? >>>

* stacker assembly.png (23.67 KB, 550x456 - viewed 412 times.)
* jcm wba bill acceptor.pdf (257.49 KB - downloaded 447 times.)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 10:25:42 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
OhioGaming
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 297

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 01:15:56 AM »

if above doesn't work ..  check the stacker box door switch to make sure it is closed
mwade109
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 12:04:52 AM »

Well,  after trying everything I know, I decided to get ahold of April seeing as I purchased it from their company, Slot Machines Ltd.,  well, so much for customer service, as all she told me was that it may be the mainboard but she can't test it because she does not have any s2000 slant tops to test it in. So there,I guess I'm to just give up..... not quite! Is there anyone here that can test this board?
Mike

Greetings long lost friends,  my IDOJ s2000 slant top is giving me a 'Bill Validator Stacker Open' error as well as a Door open M error.  I have tried everything I could and have ignored it for about 4 months now and it hasn't healed.  Because of the length of time, and my lack of memory cells left in my head, I cant remember if I started getting this error directly after changing out the batteries on the mainboard and resetting the machine or if it happened sometime later.  Ayway,  can anyone help out.... I miss my Jeannie (I think there is a pic of her in my profile)

Mike
a link to some of my gaming facebook photos:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=181008096862&aid=154739

Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 12:15:55 AM »

Actually any one with an S2000 can test your MPU, it does not have to be a slant top. the board can be reconfigured to an upright and back to slant once testing is done.
all that is needed is a machine and key chip (required to do the config to upright and back)

I wonder if that could be your issue. the system being a slant and configured as unknown or upright.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
mwade109
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 12:24:50 AM »

I have a s2000 upright and did stick the board in there,  it came up with a instant ram error call attendant.  So I had put the board back into the slant top and it changed the 'Bill Validator Stacker Open'  to a 'printer error' instead,  that is the point I tried to get help from April.

Actually any one with an S2000 can test your MPU, it does not have to be a slant top. the board can be reconfigured to an upright and back to slant once testing is done. slant top and it changed my
all that is needed is a machine and key chip (required to do the config to upright and back)

I wonder if that could be your issue. the system being a slant and configured as unknown or upright.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 02:18:07 AM »

The Ram error was caused because the RAM on the suspect MPU did not match a copy of the RAM data in the Upright EEPROM (its on the motherboard in a socket)

Try re installing the S/T MPU in the upright and clear the tilt by turning the JP key until it says close the main door and of course close it.
You may mess up any stats or your upright config for its mpu but the config can be fixed the accounting/stat data may be lost though.

morning_glory21
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 03:21:48 AM »

I have a s2000 upright and did stick the board in there,  it came up with a instant ram error call attendant.  So I had put the board back into the slant top and it changed the 'Bill Validator Stacker Open'  to a 'printer error' instead,  that is the point I tried to get help from April.

Actually any one with an S2000 can test your MPU, it does not have to be a slant top. the board can be reconfigured to an upright and back to slant once testing is done. slant top and it changed my

if you're getting errors from two different devices you could have a netplex problem.  the bv, printer, 7seg and VFD displays are all netplex devices in an S2000 machine.  if you have an upright, try swapping devices one at a time and see if the problem follows one of them.  look for a pinched wire connected to one of the netplex devices too.  April may also be correct that it is a bad mpu board as well.  i would also suggest swapping the mpu with an upright and going through the ram and system errors until you get it back to normal game mode, keychip will be necessary.  g/l!
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 03:27:31 AM »

The 7 segment LED display is a SENET device. The 7 Seg harness comes from the door i/o board large connector (also SENET)
and that part of the harness comes with either a 12 pin Molex Mini-Fit Jr (white) or Molex Micro-Fit 3.0 (black) not both.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 04:16:03 AM by Foster » Logged

mwade109
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2011, 06:57:39 PM »

Well,  I had given up on Jeannie for a while but need to address it.  Is there anyone that I can send the board to to have it tested?  Here is where I'm currently at.
I went ahead and put in the clear key chip IVC00224, the two yellow lights come on,  I turn it off and replace the clear chip with the SB chip, the display reads "TESTING MEMORY", then I get the alarm and "RAM ERROR" msg, I turn the reset key 4 times, I now have the msg "PRESS TEST SWITCH FOR 2-3 SECONDS", I do that, it now says "CLOSE MAIN DOOR", I do that but it never goes any futher.  I have replaced the door optics with a known working upright s2000 door optics.  HELP!

Mike
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2011, 08:21:55 PM »

I'll still bet it's in the door optics !  Because you replaced them with a know good set  doesn't mean they are lined up and seeing each other. I have read of different ways to check the optics alignment, I take a Sharpie and place a black mark on the outside of the door lined up with the door optic. Do the same thing on the cabnet side, close the door fully and see if the two black marks line up.

While typing all this I thought of something else.If your MPU still has the green nicad battery, look real close at the traces around that battery. The nicad battery can and should be removed from your board and not replaced with anything. Caution I just had to replace 8 MPU s because someone damaged those traces when they removed the battery !! Those traces will give a door open error , in your case will not recognize door closed.

DAMN it's a slant top, forget the first part !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
mwade109
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2011, 11:10:25 PM »

Funny you should mention,  all my problems started after I replaced both motherboard batteries,  first i got bill stacker errors, then printer error and then the door closed problem.  I'll take a look at the traces monday and see what they look like.  thanks

I'll still bet it's in the door optics !  Because you replaced them with a know good set  doesn't mean they are lined up and seeing each other. I have read of different ways to check the optics alignment, I take a Sharpie and place a black mark on the outside of the door lined up with the door optic. Do the same thing on the cabnet side, close the door fully and see if the two black marks line up.

While typing all this I thought of something else.If your MPU still has the green nicad battery, look real close at the traces around that battery. The nicad battery can and should be removed from your board and not replaced with anything. Caution I just had to replace 8 MPU s because someone damaged those traces when they removed the battery !! Those traces will give a door open error , in your case will not recognize door closed.

DAMN it's a slant top, forget the first part !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2011, 11:21:56 PM »

Hang   On  I'm talking about those GREEN ( most times GREEN ) battery located at BT 2. not the 3 volt coin battery. I would post a pic. but I don't have a 502 or a 504 board with a nicad battery still on it.

With out my going back and rereading this whole thread, you don't have a enhanced (75512701 board do you ??  If you do, forget every thing I have said !!

mwade109
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 08:27:51 PM »

The board says it is p/n 75510502 and a sticker with MODEL: 1952-0 and has a daughterboard attached to it that says 7692440.  The traces don't look bad,  I can take off the green battery if you think that will help,  it is new.

-mike

Hang   On  I'm talking about those GREEN ( most times GREEN ) battery located at BT 2. not the 3 volt coin battery. I would post a pic. but I don't have a 502 or a 504 board with a nicad battery still on it.

With out my going back and rereading this whole thread, you don't have a enhanced (75512701 board do you ??  If you do, forget every thing I have said !!
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 09:36:23 PM »

Mike The green battery on a 75510502 board doesn't do a thing for the home owner. If it's not leaking now, it's going to. It would be difficult to see the traces below the battery with it in place.  Up to you if you remove it or not. The battery isn't the problem with door open error.

Why don't we start over, you have a slant top, slant tops have a whole bunch of doors, if any one of these doors are open you won't be able to contune in key menu because the machine is seeing a door open. (Boy I worded that FU didn't I !!)

I know next to nothing about a S 2000 Slant Top I'm posting a pic. of a PE Poker S+ slant top main door latch. I don't know if yours looks like it or not. If it does the latch I circled in RED MUST turn when the main door is closed, if it doesn't turn the door optics can not see each other.

Post a pic. of your door latch.

* PICT0428.JPG (381.8 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 345 times.)

mwade109
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 11:08:57 AM »

Help before i take this fine looking machine, gut it and make a beer cooler out of it. Can anyone test this s2000, slant top,  I Dream Of Jeannie board and possibly repair whatever it's problem is? This machine if just taking up space and needs to be fixed or needs to be made into smething functional.

Please let me know,  I can ship out anytime.

Mike
zarobhr
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 178

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2011, 12:23:19 PM »

PM sent
mwade109
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2011, 08:00:16 PM »

thanks.... it's on it's way!

PM sent
mwade109
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2011, 01:34:56 PM »

Well the board tested great, thanks zarobhr, so it's time to start looking at door sensors and switches.  I am going to start testing the door switched monday when I get to work and hope to find a defective one quickly.

mwade109
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2011, 02:36:21 PM »

Afer bypassing the top door optics, clearing the system then re-setting up everything.... thanks to zarobhr, my Jeannie is now working perfectly!

* P7100008.JPG (103.2 KB, 640x480 - viewed 274 times.)
mwade109
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2011, 02:38:56 PM »

(old picture... but a good one!)

Afer bypassing the top door optics, clearing the system then re-setting up everything.... thanks to zarobhr, my Jeannie is now working perfectly!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.