Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 04:03:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Can a Crystal Sevens be set up for Legacy "S, S+" Sounds?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can a Crystal Sevens be set up for Legacy "S, S+" Sounds?  (Read 4200 times)
rescue161
« on: January 29, 2011, 03:17:22 PM »

I just bought a Crystal Sevens slot and it is awesome, but I really like the old sounds from the S, S+ machines.  Is there a way to make this machine sound like the old ones?  Yes, it is a strange request, but I like the old sounds better.

Thanks,
Scott
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 03:25:51 PM »

Sure is yes Pull the MPU tray out and unplug the daughter board(multi media lite board) that's mounted to it. There might be 2 screws holding it to the MPU, but otherwise it just pulls up and unplugs. The simm card clipped into the multimedia board provides the sound you don't like and that is the only purpose of that board.  After that, just slide the tray back in and go. An added benefit of this is that you won't have any stray noise coming through your speakers and the game will cycle on a lot faster. On the off chance that the daughter board has eproms plugged into it labeled SB##### and SG##### then you have an enhanced board set in your machine and need to just remove the sound simm that looks like a computer DDR memory stick
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 62

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 03:56:57 PM »

Isn't there a legacy option in the menu with that DSV?

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."  (Sir Winston Churchill)
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 03:59:43 PM »

There is, but pulling the multimedia board is the better option I think
rescue161
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 05:57:33 PM »

Thanks guys.  There is a daughter board and a SIMM.  I pulled the whole board and it sounds awesome.  Plus it boots MUCH faster.  Do I need to do anything with the daughter board and/or the SIMM?  Do I need/should I put the daughter board back on without the SIMM?  The SIMM is labeled Crystal Sevens.

I also noticed some corrosion on the main board around the green battery.  I'm going to remove it as well as the corrosion.  Is there anything else I should be on the lookout for?

I need to locate a clear ROM so I can adjust the coin denomination.  It's set to $25.00 per coin.  The accounting denomination is set at $1.00.  I swear I just saw some on Ebay a few days ago, but can't seem to find one now.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 07:11:22 PM »

rescue161  First off Welcome to our happy forum.

No you don't need to install the sound board back onto the MPU. If you happen to have a anti static bag, it would be nice to store the SIMM in it.

To change the denomination you are going to need a clear and key chip. I recommend a clear 097 and a Key 31 ( most times a Key 17 will work )

The corrosion was addressed just this week and I think it was recommended to use vinegar, water and you Wife's toothbrush.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
rescue161
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 07:48:15 PM »

rescue161  First off Welcome to our happy forum.

No you don't need to install the sound board back onto the MPU. If you happen to have a anti static bag, it would be nice to store the SIMM in it.

To change the denomination you are going to need a clear and key chip. I recommend a clear 097 and a Key 31 ( most times a Key 17 will work )

The corrosion was addressed just this week and I think it was recommended to use vinegar, water and you Wife's toothbrush.

I used tech-wipes, the same ones we use at work in cleaning PCBs. Smiley

As far as the chips go, can you give me a source of supply?  I've looked on Ebay and did a Google search, but haven't really found much today.  I swear a few days ago, I saw several on Ebay.  I guess I'll just keep using my $25.00 coins (Quarters)...lol

Thanks for the awesome help!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 09:33:34 PM »

Interesting observation rescue161 !  : >.> "It boot's MUCH faster"
Sounds like the MMLBII is a RAM hog...
rescue161
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 10:19:45 PM »

I'd say so.  I'm just tickled to death that I can play this game and have it sound like the slots I used to play back in the early 90's when I was stationed in Okinawa.  Now I need to find a "Hurricane" S+ and I'll be set!
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2011, 10:27:05 PM »

Is it ok to use the ex-wifes toothbrush on a circuit board after you used it on the toilet? Or can this hurt the electronics on the board
rescue161  First off Welcome to our happy forum.

CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2011, 11:34:36 PM »

Interesting observation rescue161 !  : >.> "It boot's MUCH faster"

Bunker,

The delay is actually because the machine is testing the memory on the simm, which is usually 16mb... it takes the machine a while to do that.... its not a huge processor.

I'd I remember correctly it boots fast with mmlb2 and no simm.

CH CaptainHappy

P.S. Next time I go to visit Buzz, I am hiding my toothbrush! Cry Laughing

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2011, 04:22:49 AM »

Thanks for the answer Capt. !
It makes sense.  yes
Also, I'm glad my toothbrush is way out here on the East coast... Tongue Out
rescue161
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2011, 10:01:38 AM »

Thanks to the generosity of Buzz and the awesome information on this forum, I was able to do the needed changes to my machine to get make it a quarter machine.  Thank you!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.